New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | Leica & Alternative Gear | Join Upload & Sell

end

Archive 2014 · A7r and Sonnar FE 55mm

Abstraction

Upload & Sell: On
p.2 #1 · p.2 #1 · A7r and Sonnar FE 55mm

Thanks to everyone for the excellent and useful discussion. My wife, who is an fine photographer but has no interest in gear, uses an NEX7, and a Sigma 30mm. She comes home with great photos every time we go out. She might find the Sony-Zeiss 35 or 24 useful. but she is likely to decide that the SIgma is good enough. I occasionally try to talk her into new gear, and she will just say, I like my photographs. I can only say that I do to.

I will probably pick up an A7r and at least the 55 before we take off across the country in September, and perhaps the 24, if it is avaiilable.

Jun 10, 2014 at 11:06 PM
Frogfish
• • • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.2 #2 · p.2 #2 · A7r and Sonnar FE 55mm

Sami Ruusunen wrote:
My FE55 is mostly reserved for portraits but it's also very good landscape lens, if you like the focal lenght that is.

My first time out with the A7 and FE55/1.8 (accompanying my D800E and Zeiss 21mm) and I loved it. Files are great and easy to work with, focusing is fast enough, focus peaking & magnifying mean I can now use MF lenses again. The FE55/1.8 is wonderful.

And it works for landscapes too (cross posted in the A7(r) image thread) - this is the very first shot I've developed :

It's of the 207m high (close to 700 feet) Bailinshan Waterfall. The second is a near 100% crop. I am able to compare these next to the shots from my primary for the day, a D800E and Zeiss 21mm. They did well, very well.

Jun 11, 2014 at 12:34 AM
philber
• • • • • •
p.2 #3 · p.2 #3 · A7r and Sonnar FE 55mm

Spectacular, Kevin!

Jun 11, 2014 at 02:21 AM
TMaG82
• • • •
p.2 #4 · p.2 #4 · A7r and Sonnar FE 55mm

Just got my a7 and 55 the other day and yesterday unboxed the 35. Really like the small size, 2.8 is good enough for me in most of my shooting situations and the files that I get from the a7 are just fantastic. I went for the a7 instead of the a7r mostly since I got a really good price on the a7 with kit zoom, while the AF speed is adequate on the 7, the better AF of the a7 would come in handy, and the money saved could go towards a RX100M3.

I think the price new retail is what turns a lot of people away. By buying used I was able to save $885 off the new price, know that the lenses I bought weren't duds, and supported the FM B&S community.

Jun 11, 2014 at 05:39 AM
heikoM
• • • •
p.2 #5 · p.2 #5 · A7r and Sonnar FE 55mm

I think the Sony A7 (more then the 7r) is a perfect walk around camera. Problem is the low battery capacity and the slow start-up time. Both the 35 and the 55 are stunning lenses in my experience.

Wrote a little personal rapport about the system. If you care:

http://hamburg-hochzeitsfotografen.de/sony-a7-for-wedding-photography/

happy shooting everyone,

heiko

Jun 11, 2014 at 06:58 AM
       end

FM Forums | Leica & Alternative Gear | Join Upload & Sell

end

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username       Or Reset password

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.