Home · Register · Search · View Winners · Software · Hosting · Software · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username   Password

New fredmiranda.com Mobile Site
  New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | Lighting & Studio Techniques | Join Upload & Sell

Deal: Westcott Apollo Orb Duo Kit - $228.90 Shipped

Fred Miranda
Admin
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #1 · Deal: Westcott Apollo Orb Duo Kit - $228.90 Shipped

Deal: Westcott Apollo Orb Duo Kit - $228.90 Shipped
B&H has the Westcott Apollo Orb Duo Kit with $121 Instant Savings.
The special price is $228.90 with free shipping. Original price $349.90.

Items Included:
  1. 43" Apollo Orb Softbox
  2. 28" Medium Apollo Softbox
  3. 2x 8.0' Light Stands
  4. 2x Adjustable Shoe Mount Brackets
  5. Gear Bag

Jun 09, 2014 at 04:46 PM
glennh56
• •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #2 · Deal: Westcott Apollo Orb Duo Kit - $228.90 Shipped

Does anyone own this? Is it Okay?

Jun 09, 2014 at 09:20 PM
DigMeTX
• • •
p.1 #3 · Deal: Westcott Apollo Orb Duo Kit - $228.90 Shipped

That's a solid deal IMO. I own the Orb. There have been lots of complaints from people about the Orb being too fragile. I have used it for two years as my primary modifier for on-location portraits and it has held up so far for me. I love the light that comes out of it and it's VERY efficient with small flashes.

brad

Jun 10, 2014 at 01:29 AM
nycameraman

p.1 #4 · Deal: Westcott Apollo Orb Duo Kit - $228.90 Shipped

The New fiberglass frame Orbs are much better. Older metal frame was fragile though.

Jun 11, 2014 at 11:28 PM

Search in Used Dept. 

gregfountain
• • • • •
p.1 #5 · Deal: Westcott Apollo Orb Duo Kit - $228.90 Shipped

Wondering if these are compatible with tungsten (hot) lights......?

Jun 19, 2014 at 02:28 AM
Herb
• • •
p.1 #6 · Deal: Westcott Apollo Orb Duo Kit - $228.90 Shipped

gregfountain wrote:
Wondering if these are compatible with tungsten (hot) lights......?

Features
The Westcott 43" Apollo Orb Speedlite Kit is an ideal way to take studio quality lighting on the road with your optional studio strobe, speedlite or hot light. The kit contains a 43" Apollo Orb Softbox, a 28" Medium Apollo Softbox, two 8' light stands, two Adjustable Shoe Mount Brackets and a gear bag to store and transport it all.
The Apollo Orb works without an adapter ring; simply opening like an umbrella. Place your flash inside, attach the included diffusion panel and you're ready to shoot. The Orb has a deep profile which evenly projects the light source for maximum output while creating round, natural catchlights in the eyes. For even more directional control and to prevent lens flare, you can recess the diffuser closer to the light than its standard position. The Orb can be used with flash or constant light sources up to 500W.

The 28 x 28" Apollo is a softbox based on an umbrella frame and fabricated from fiberglass for added durability. It needs no speed ring to attach it to a flash head. Simply open it, and slide the shaft into the umbrella receptor on the flash head or the umbrella swivel supporting your speedlite. The 28" Apollo can be used with flash, fluorescent sources or hot lights up to 500W.

Jun 20, 2014 at 04:19 PM
gregfountain
• • • • •
p.1 #7 · Deal: Westcott Apollo Orb Duo Kit - $228.90 Shipped

Herb wrote:
Features
The Westcott 43" Apollo Orb Speedlite Kit is an ideal way to take studio quality lighting on the road with your optional studio strobe, speedlite or hot light. The kit contains a 43" Apollo Orb Softbox, a 28" Medium Apollo Softbox, two 8' light stands, two Adjustable Shoe Mount Brackets and a gear bag to store and transport it all.
The Apollo Orb works without an adapter ring; simply opening like an umbrella. Place your flash inside, attach the included diffusion panel and you're ready to shoot. The Orb has a deep profile which evenly projects the light source for maximum
...Show more

Thanks Herb. I completely failed to read this.....getting lazy in my old age

Jun 23, 2014 at 01:45 PM

FM Forums | Lighting & Studio Techniques | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username   Password    Retrive password