New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | Forum & Miscellaneous | Join Upload & Sell

3       end

Archive 2014 · B&H

eggcellent
• • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.2 #1 · p.2 #1 · B&H

Nothing wrong with it? You purchased new item and returned item as open box. B&H cannot sell return items as "NEW IN BOX" anymore and loss 10-15% for each return items. You are lucky that they did not charge 15% for each return item.

Amazon will closed account for any customer who return item too frequently. Don't even bother to compare amazon with B&H. They are very reasonable to a lot of buyer compare to my local camera store.

vovkinson wrote:
I don't give a $hit about what you think about my credibility
According to the policy published on your website I can return any camera or lenses I purchased withing 30 days for ANY reasons.
Some customers return more frequently than others - I don't see anything wrong with that.

Jun 25, 2014 at 07:13 PM
jbregar
• • •
p.2 #2 · p.2 #2 · B&H

vovkinson wrote:
According to the policy published on your website I can return any camera or lenses I purchased withing 30 days for ANY reasons.
Some customers return more frequently than others - I don't see anything wrong with that.

Um. If you're returning even close to half of the stuff you order, you're abusing the return policy and any company is well within their rights to say 'no more'.

At the levels Henry mentioned, it smells like free rentals. Or someone who orders 12 copies of a lens to keep the one that's 'sharpest' or whatever. That's douchey behavior. B&H can't resell that lens you opened and played with as new, so they're out whatever markdown it takes to sell it as open box.

If you order something, you should intend to keep it. I can't believe someone who returns 40+ percent of their orders intended to keep it all when they ordered.

Jun 25, 2014 at 08:30 PM
mitesh
• • • • •
p.2 #3 · p.2 #3 · B&H

jbregar wrote:
Um. If you're returning even close to half of the stuff you order, you're abusing the return policy and any company is well within their rights to say 'no more'.

At the levels Henry mentioned, it smells like free rentals. Or someone who orders 12 copies of a lens to keep the one that's 'sharpest' or whatever. That's douchey behavior. B&H can't resell that lens you opened and played with as new, so they're out whatever markdown it takes to sell it as open box.

If you order something, you should intend to keep it. I can't believe someone who returns
...Show more

The increased costs to the retailer are passed on to all consumers, including those of us who do not abuse return policies. As a customer of both B&H and Adorama, I have no problem with them restricting serial returners .

Jun 25, 2014 at 09:53 PM
thait84
• •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.2 #4 · p.2 #4 · B&H

jbregar wrote:

If you order something, you should intend to keep it. I can't believe someone who returns
...Show more

I agree. I don't know any retailer that wants someone like this as a "customer".

This is why we can't have nice things. It only takes a few people to abuse a policy that has good intentions.

Jun 26, 2014 at 12:12 AM
Paul Mo
• • • • •
p.2 #5 · p.2 #5 · B&H

vovkinson wrote:

Some may return more than others, but then again some are nutjobs.

Jun 26, 2014 at 03:16 AM
vovkinson
• • •
p.2 #6 · p.2 #6 · B&H

If I buy something and I don't like - I will return it. Period.
And I don't care if somebody here disagrees .
If the store says 30-day return policy - It should follow that policy without
any "between the lines" meanings and it does not matter 40% or 100%.
If B&H has some restrictions over the return policy - it should have been broadcasted on their website (for instance : max returns per year 10 or 20). Since it was not the case - I have the rights, as a customer, to use it at my discretion.
I live to enjoy myself not to support B&H business. Just one example: I have the best and the sharpest Canon 24-105 L lens. You know why? Because I picked one out of 10 and I feel good about it not matter what other say.

Jun 26, 2014 at 07:01 AM
henryp
• • • •
p.2 #7 · p.2 #7 · B&H

vovkinson wrote:

Well since I don't think you have any at all, I guess neither of us has anything to worry about. :-)

According to the policy published on your website I can return any camera or lenses I purchased withing 30 days for ANY reasons. Some customers return more frequently than others - I don't see anything wrong with that.

Indeed. Some customers buy 10 or 50 or 100 things and return one or two, some return a handful. Some return well over half of everything purchased. That's abusive IMO and every retailer is within its rights to limit this sort of abusive behavior.

This may be informative to some here:
http://newyork.cbslocal.com/video/9814233-retailers-punishing-repeat-online-returners/

By the way, when you sent me this:
You're asking for trouble, Henry. I'm not the guy to play a game with. Remember this! Sooner or later....
What'd you mean, exactly?

Henry Posner
[email protected]
B&H Photo-Video

Jun 26, 2014 at 08:47 AM
anthonysemone
• • • • •
p.2 #8 · p.2 #8 · B&H

Henry, you (and Helen) have garnered both respect and credibility hereabouts. OP, however, appears to be at best a "keyboard commando." At worst? Well, I'll leave that up to the imagination of the membership to fill in the blank.

I notice that OP doesn't have Upload and Sell turned on in his profile. I expect that should he sell something here that he would afford the buyer a similar policy, namely to return it if for any reason buyer didn't like it. Alternatively, I'm sure he would list it for sale with the caveat "No Returns for Any Reason Whatever." In any case should he choose to pay the measly bucks to join up here to sell his gear, he's doing a helluva good job of denigrating himself. I'd certainly not buy anything from him.

Don't waste your time on this mug, Henry.

Jun 26, 2014 at 09:07 AM
vovkinson
• • •
p.2 #9 · p.2 #9 · B&H

First of all Henry, you're disclosing the content of the private email which for respectful man like you is totally inappropriate.
Where is your manners , Henry?

Anyway,

what I meant was : You advised Helen, as a representative of Adorama, to refuse service to me because of being "serial returner" of B&H.

If you were a regular member of this forum it might be OK but you're B&H official representative.
Do you think it's legal to ask another company to discriminate a customer ?.

Here's what Helen wrote to me:

"you are known at B&H as a serial returner"

How does she know?

henryp wrote:

Jun 26, 2014 at 09:36 AM
henryp
• • • •
p.2 #10 · p.2 #10 · B&H

vovkinson wrote:
First of all Henry, you're disclosing the content of the private email which for respectful man like you is totally inappropriate.

It was not email. It was a message you sent me via this site.

what I meant was : You advised Helen, as a representative of Adorama, to refuse service to me because of being "serial returner" of B&H.

If you were a regular member of this forum it might be OK but you're B&H official representative.

How does she know?

I did not "advise Helen" at all. She doesn't need my advice. She's an intelligent person and entirely capable of making her own determinations.

How does she know? I do not know but my GUESS would be that since she frequents these forums she read this thread.

Henry Posner
[email protected]
B&H Photo-Video

Jun 26, 2014 at 09:39 AM
vovkinson
• • •
p.2 #11 · p.2 #11 · B&H

aha.... right...

henryp wrote:
I did not "advise Helen" at all. She doesn't need my advice. She's an intelligent person and entirely capable of making her own determinations.

Henry Posner
[email protected]
B&H Photo-Video

Jun 26, 2014 at 09:51 AM
vovkinson
• • •
p.2 #12 · p.2 #12 · B&H

Henry,
PM means Private or Personal Message, Not Public...

Ok, I'm leaving this thread... Got to do my work. No time for this $hit

Jun 26, 2014 at 09:59 AM
mitesh
• • • • •
p.2 #13 · p.2 #13 · B&H

vovkinson wrote:

Looks like the internet playground bully doesn't like how things are going for him, so he is taking his ball and going home.

Bye bye!

Jun 26, 2014 at 10:04 AM
Jefferson
• • • • •
p.2 #14 · p.2 #14 · B&H

vovkinson wrote:
...I live to enjoy myself ...I have the best and the sharpest ... You know why? Because I picked one out of 10 and I feel good about it not matter what other say.

... ... A true "Prick" if there ever was one ... Do you squeeze toilet paper rolls too ... How about bread in the store ... ? ...

It takes someone time to erease your greasy finger prints from your returned items ...

Jefferson

Jun 26, 2014 at 10:11 AM
anthonysemone
• • • • •
p.2 #15 · p.2 #15 · B&H

vovkinson wrote:
Henry,
PM means Private or Personal Message, Not Public...

Don't let the door slam your arse too hard on the way out

Jun 26, 2014 at 11:06 AM
ronfronberg
• •
p.2 #16 · p.2 #16 · B&H

matt4626 wrote:
B&H contacted me this AM. All is back to normal.....

This thread should have ended here, Jun 08, 2014 at 06:25 AM.

All this other typing would not have existed.

ron

Jun 26, 2014 at 11:44 AM
Beni
• • • • • •
p.2 #17 · p.2 #17 · B&H

Wow, guy returns about 90%, sends threatening messages, accuses a representative of passing on information about him which would be obvious to anyone reading the thread and is of course foul mouthed. Don't know about everyone else but glad he's gone and my respect for B&H is of course unchanged.

Jun 27, 2014 at 02:30 AM
Helen Oster
• • •
p.2 #18 · p.2 #18 · B&H

vovkinson wrote:

Anyway,

How does she know?

Henry did NOT advise me of anything - I peruse this forum AND dp review. Even though you log on using different names, I'm experienced enough to recognise the style and content of your postings.

Jun 30, 2014 at 06:44 AM
vovkinson
• • •
p.2 #19 · p.2 #19 · B&H

Henry advises everybody. This is his job, I guess...
Helen, thank you for "recognizing my style". It's a shame that English is my second language, I could have been more "stylish" if you were able to understand my native one.

Helen Oster wrote:
Henry did NOT advise me of anything - I peruse this forum AND dp review. Even though you log on using different names, I'm experienced enough to recognise the style and content of your postings.

Jun 30, 2014 at 09:27 AM
Helen Oster
• • •
p.2 #20 · p.2 #20 · B&H

Beni wrote:
......Don't know about everyone else but glad he's gone......

Spoke too soon, Beni!

Jun 30, 2014 at 09:42 AM
       3       end

FM Forums | Forum & Miscellaneous | Join Upload & Sell

3       end

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username       Or Reset password

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.