Home · Register · Search · View Winners · Software · Hosting · Software · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username   Password

New fredmiranda.com Mobile Site
  New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | Forum & Miscellaneous | Join Upload & Sell

2       3       end

B&H

matt4626
• • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · B&H

I have been buying from B&H for a dozen years and must have spent $40K+++.
I just tried to buy a few things after logging in from Art Morris's web site and all my info has been deleted and I'm "locked out"....
Are these "links" just a bunch of rip-offs
Confused...

Jun 08, 2014 at 03:10 AM
jcolwell
• • • • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · B&H

Send a PM to henryp. He's a B&H rep on FM.

Jun 08, 2014 at 03:15 AM
EB-1
• • • • • • •
p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · B&H

It seems like a problem from that other site. Can you log into B&H normally?

EBH

Jun 08, 2014 at 03:28 AM
jaybird555
• • •
p.1 #4 · p.1 #4 · B&H

Buy it from Amazon. Great shipping speed and return policy.

Jun 08, 2014 at 12:17 PM
matt4626
• • •
p.1 #5 · p.1 #5 · B&H

B&H contacted me this AM. All is back to normal.....

Jun 08, 2014 at 02:25 PM
Eric Gottesman
• • •
p.1 #6 · p.1 #6 · B&H

jaybird555 wrote:

I tried to buy from Amazon, but I couldn't find the nearest location where I could try the lens and flash I bought first.

Jun 08, 2014 at 02:40 PM
dmacmillan
• • • •
p.1 #7 · p.1 #7 · B&H

matt4626 wrote:
B&H contacted me this AM. All is back to normal.....

Good to hear. I just bought a Lumix and some extras and the shipping was fast and the packing was excellent. They are a class act.

Jun 08, 2014 at 09:41 PM
Herb
• • •
p.1 #8 · p.1 #8 · B&H

I can order from B&H today and in two days it is sitting in front of me.....B&H all the way!

Jun 08, 2014 at 10:56 PM
jim allison
• • •
p.1 #9 · p.1 #9 · B&H

Right on Eric. B+H and Adorama all the way. If you don't support camera stores, there will be no choice but to buy from Amazon and then see what happens to prices!

Jun 08, 2014 at 11:02 PM
Savas K
• • • •
p.1 #10 · p.1 #10 · B&H

Exactly. Staples managed to kill off most mom and pop stationery stores. Now what you see at Staples are high prices on mediocre Staples-branded merchandise. Brand names you used to see have been edged out of the store. And now Staples is in the process of transforming into a combination of Target, CVS and Best Buy. Initially low prices can later get you unanticipated consequences.

Jun 09, 2014 at 09:59 AM

Search in Used Dept. 

eggcellent
• •
p.1 #11 · p.1 #11 · B&H

Herb wrote:
I can order from B&H today and in two days it is sitting in front of me.....B&H all the way!

B&H provide free expedite shipping for all item over $45 and no tax for CA resident. Good bye Amazon. Hello B&H

Jun 09, 2014 at 11:04 PM
unclechuck
• • •
p.1 #12 · p.1 #12 · B&H

I tried to buy from Amazon, but I couldn't find the nearest location where I could try the lens and flash I bought first.

True, but biggest problem is sellers who are not Authorized Dealers. Amazon as seller (not just fulfillment) IS a an Authorized Dealer for anything I've check up.

Jun 11, 2014 at 04:25 PM
dhou

p.1 #13 · p.1 #13 · B&H

Agree with unclechuck. You definitely want to make sure that who you are buying from Amazon is an Authorized Dealer. Easy to use the "1-click ordering" button when sometimes that seller (who may not be Amazon as the seller) that is automatically listed can change multiple times in a day. Made that mistake myself once - never again!

Jun 11, 2014 at 04:49 PM
unclechuck
• • •
p.1 #14 · p.1 #14 · B&H

dhou wrote:
Agree with unclechuck. You definitely want to make sure that who you are buying from Amazon is an Authorized Dealer. Easy to use the "1-click ordering" button when sometimes that seller (who may not be Amazon as the seller) that is automatically listed can change multiple times in a day. Made that mistake myself once - never again!

Thanks bhou

Be sure to check the lower left of the ORDER page; I've recently had (attempted) sales that showed Merchant A but on the order page "SOLD BY" showed Merchant B.

Recently I tried repeatedly to reorder from a merchant I'd dealt with previously but no matter what I did it switched to another seller on the sale cart. I finally had to go back to the original list of sellers, find the merchant I wanted and then order as new.

Jun 11, 2014 at 05:06 PM
henryp
• • •
p.1 #15 · p.1 #15 · B&H

jcolwell wrote:
Send a PM to henryp. He's a B&H rep on FM.

I see this has been resolved but in general contacting me via email is MUCH better than PMs.

Henry Posner
henryp@bhphoto.com
B&H Photo-Video

Jun 18, 2014 at 08:47 PM
vovkinson
• • •
p.1 #16 · p.1 #16 · B&H

+1
B&H is not an option for me anymore either.
Also they have some limits on returns. They would not broadcast this policy but if you return more than 3 or 4 items they would refuse the return.
Henry from B&H would not agree and I don't blame him - he does not want to scare the customers before it happens to the one specifically .

jaybird555 wrote:

Jun 20, 2014 at 05:04 PM
henryp
• • •
p.1 #17 · p.1 #17 · B&H

vovkinson wrote:
B&H is not an option for me anymore either.
Also they have some limits on returns. They would not broadcast this policy but if you return more than 3 or 4 items they would refuse the return.
Henry from B&H would not agree and I don't blame him - he does not want to scare the customers before it happens to the one specifically .

Your credibility is diminished every time you make misrepresentations like this. No one is going to get banned or even chided for 3 or 4 returns. But for a customer whose return history includes, hypothetically for example, 40+% returns measured by number of orders or 65+% measured by dollar value over 100+ transactions I think any retailer is well within its rights to impose some sort of limitations. No doubt you will disagree.

Henry Posner
henryp@bhphoto.com
B&H Photo-Video

Jun 20, 2014 at 05:16 PM
kodakeos
• • •
p.1 #18 · p.1 #18 · B&H

Henry,

Thought I would Pop in here to say I ordered a set of Powerline adapters from B+H Yesterday at 3PM. Arrived not too long ago. Didnt even think of B+H for this initially, but once I figured out the model at Newegg, I decided to see if b+h had it, and sure enough you did. And I knew i would get it before the weekend by ordering from you.
Can Not Beat It!

Jun 20, 2014 at 08:11 PM
henryp
• • •
p.1 #19 · p.1 #19 · B&H

kodakeos wrote:
Henry,

Thought I would Pop in here to say I ordered a set of Powerline adapters from B+H Yesterday at 3PM. Arrived not too long ago. Didnt even think of B+H for this initially, but once I figured out the model at Newegg, I decided to see if b+h had it, and sure enough you did. And I knew i would get it before the weekend by ordering from you.
Can Not Beat It!

Thank you. We're very glad you're so pleased and I appreciate your comment here.

Henry Posner
henryp@bhphoto.com
B&H Photo-Video

Jun 23, 2014 at 03:54 PM
vovkinson
• • •
p.1 #20 · p.1 #20 · B&H

I don't give a $hit about what you think about my credibility
According to the policy published on your website I can return any camera or lenses I purchased withing 30 days for ANY reasons.
Some customers return more frequently than others - I don't see anything wrong with that.

henryp wrote:
Your credibility is diminished every time you make misrepresentations like this. No one is going to get banned or even chided for 3 or 4 returns. But for a customer whose return history includes, hypothetically for example, 40+% returns measured by number of orders or 65+% measured by dollar value over 100+ transactions I think any retailer is well within its rights to impose some sort of limitations. No doubt you will disagree.

Henry Posner
henryp@bhphoto.com
B&H Photo-Video

Jun 25, 2014 at 09:37 PM
       2       3       end

FM Forums | Forum & Miscellaneous | Join Upload & Sell

2       3       end

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username   Password    Reset password