Home · Register · Search · View Winners · Software · Hosting · Software · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username   Password

New fredmiranda.com Mobile Site
  New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | Lighting & Studio Techniques | Join Upload & Sell

Godox QT Series Strobes

kymira

Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #1 · Godox QT Series Strobes

Hi

Are these the only real "alternative" to an Einstein ?

According to this review from flashhavoc they still dont quite stack up but are getting close.

http://flashhavoc.com/godox-qt-600/

Would the flash duration for these strobes be enough to capture "liquid" type "splash/splatter" shots?

Jun 07, 2014 at 09:57 PM
jzucker
• • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #2 · Godox QT Series Strobes

If they were smart they'd reverse engineer the buff RF protocol and offer a a buff modifier mount as an option. Then folks who already have buff lights might consider adding one of their lights as an addition. As it is, i'll be sticking with buff.

Jun 08, 2014 at 10:41 AM
kymira

p.1 #3 · Godox QT Series Strobes

Yea your right. Id love to stick with PCB but shipping & duties can be a pain here in Canada.

Jun 08, 2014 at 03:06 PM
Littleguy
• •
p.1 #4 · Godox QT Series Strobes

Reading that review - the Godox are cheaper and refresh faster but don't have the mode selection of the Einstein - so Godox compromised between colour consistent and T-times to get an average setting.

If you are interested in liquid capture - the fastest T times come at the lowest power levels because these flashes are based on IGBT technology.

So how much light do you need? The more power you need - the slower the T times.

As for shipping and duties - there are no official distributors in Canada for Godox products - its a free for all - people are reselling what they bring in themselves. Just like if I were to bring in PCB products and resold them myself.

Although PCB has an official warranty repair depot in Canada - for Godox, you would have to return them back to China for any warranty work.

Jun 16, 2014 at 09:34 PM
jzucker
• • • •
p.1 #5 · Godox QT Series Strobes

be careful , if you read the fine print on most of the godox flash units coming out of hong kong or china, there is no warranty. That's a good reason to buy from cheetah or adorama or b&h

Jun 25, 2014 at 10:36 AM

Search in Used Dept. 

kymira

p.1 #6 · Godox QT Series Strobes

thanks I just realized that.

Jun 25, 2014 at 10:55 AM
jzucker
• • • •
p.1 #7 · Godox QT Series Strobes

for example, i just searched godox 360 on ebay and found this link:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/New-Godox-Pro-Wistro-AD-360-Power-amp-Portable-Flash-Light-For-DSLR-Camera-F924-/400390644788

A little further down the page is this:

The item is not eligible for warranty, however, the item is qualified for our Return Policy, please check more details of the terms. We will check and test the item before delivery; however, the quality of the item is periodically monitored to maintain high level of excellence.

Return policy is 7 days. You pay shipping to HK. A little scary.

Jun 25, 2014 at 02:03 PM
jzucker
• • • •
p.1 #8 · Godox QT Series Strobes

what I found out is that Godox uses a MAP scheme. (Minimum advertised price). What you see with the units sold by cheetah, b&h and Adorama is a recent price increase to put it at the MAP price point. Units sold below MAP are not warrantied.

Some sellers may offer their own warranty however....

Jun 25, 2014 at 02:05 PM
kymira

p.1 #9 · Godox QT Series Strobes

I wouldn't mind paying a bit more for the extra peace of mind but as a Canadian it can sometimes add up a bit ..Shipping, (+ brokerage fees, if applicable) Duties, exchange rate, etc..

Not trying to complain, i realize its just the reality of things.

Speaking of Cheetah & Adorama, I dont even think there's an equivalent re branded version of the Godox QT Series.

Jun 25, 2014 at 03:03 PM
jzucker
• • • •
p.1 #10 · Godox QT Series Strobes

i'm sure those will be rebranded too although it may conflict with adorama flashpoint products.

And I understand the pricing issue. I'm not so concerned with warranty as I am service. The nice thing about buff is that their service is ridiculously good. I called them to see if I could get a PLM repaired that had gotten damaged last year when the wind caught it and the light stand blew over while it was connected to an einstein. The einstein was undamaged but the metal grips that hold onto the fiberglass rods were damaged. They replaced the entire PLM under warranty even though I clearly explained it to be my fault.

Jun 25, 2014 at 06:08 PM

FM Forums | Lighting & Studio Techniques | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username   Password    Retrive password