Comments welcome.

© kmorvant 2014

Jun 07, 2014 at 04:59 AM
Steady Hand
• • • • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · Portrait

Howdy.

Everything I write here on FM is intended to help. Everything I write is in a truly friendly spirit and tone of voice.

Unfortunately, you can't hear my voice on this forum, and written comments can be easily misunderstood for tone and intent. That is why I prefer to speak with people on a phone call when giving them advice and giving critical opinions (critique) of their images. Otherwise, what is intended to help someone can be taken wrongly, and that defeats the purpose of the communication. And, because I want to avoid flaming and trolls, I tend to refrain from writing some things here that could be instrumental in helping someone improve, but may be taken out of context or misused by others. So, I limit my written comments here...though I am sure some will disagree on that last point.

Big watch. Eye catching.

This is a nicely exposed photo of this type (looks like a typical "business portrait").

I see this as a "headshot" if you crop it. Or as a simple "head and shoulders" shot.

But as shown, it seems "tight" in composition to me, and I find the watch and crossed arms and hands unnecessary.

And, it does look a bit "colorless" (pun intended).

If cropped as a headshot, it shows a nice expression for a man.

My Simple Suggestion: Crop it to make it a headshot (not showing torso or arms/watch).

Jun 07, 2014 at 06:23 AM
GoodEgg
• • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · Portrait

Nicely done. I'm not sure exactly *what* they should do with their arms. I did business headshots for a firm two years ago. Due to personnel changes and a new marketing push, the company wants new portraits just like this post, from the waist up, not headshots.

Jun 08, 2014 at 01:22 AM

FM Forums | People Photography | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username       Or Reset password

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.