Home · Register · Search · View Winners · Software · Hosting · Software · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username   Password

New fredmiranda.com Mobile Site
  New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | Canon Forum | Join Upload & Sell

3       4       5       end

Canon 1DX for $4,999!

Sven Jeppesen
• • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.2 #1 · p.2 #1 · Canon 1DX for $4,999!

drzhao wrote:
Canon refurbished might have high shutter counts though. I purchased a 60d canon refurb a while back and it had something around 15k already.

A refurb is not a new every time. It could have been used. But I prefer 15k clicks instead of no manufactures warranty

Jun 05, 2014 at 05:39 AM
drzhao

p.2 #2 · p.2 #2 · Canon 1DX for $4,999!

Sven Jeppesen wrote:
A refurb is not a new every time. It could have been used. But I prefer 15k clicks instead of no manufactures warranty

Yeah, you're right. But if I had the need for a 1Dx, I would definitely go for the $4999 deal. Ebay has that buyer protection program that guarantees buyer satisfaction. The seller is legally obligated to accept your return if you request it. And if the camera doesn't break down within a month, I'd doubt it would have severe mechanical problems in the near future.

Jun 05, 2014 at 05:44 AM
Imagemaster
• • • • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.2 #3 · p.2 #3 · Canon 1DX for $4,999!

I guess some people just can't figure out that money saved on lower purchase price without warranty can work out cheaper in long run than buying more expensive with warranty.

Even more money can be saved on buying used gear without any warranties. I have saved thousands of dollars buying used and only had to pay less than $500 in repairs in over 15 years.

Jun 05, 2014 at 05:46 AM
Tareq
• •
p.2 #4 · p.2 #4 · Canon 1DX for $4,999!

I forgot to say that i bought mine from not authorized Canon store, cheap price, and they don't have warranty or say only the store warranty, i have it now for over 1 year and zero issues, i have amazing results from it.

I checked the price from the store, they reduce it more than the time i bought, if someone wants, send me and i will check it out before sending to you, i guarantee it is brand new and working fine, i bought from this store 1 camera and 3 lenses all at lowest prices, all working flawlessly, my Canon TS-E 24mm II from them, i will call them for TS17 before i travel and buy it from them.

Jun 05, 2014 at 07:17 AM
Karl Witt
• • • • • • •
p.2 #5 · p.2 #5 · Canon 1DX for $4,999!

Imagemaster wrote:
So what? And $1800 less than B&H should cover any repairs.

So who says they actually have the ability to repair it?
So why not pick up a refurb for a little more with a 1yr Canon warranty No more than $5499.
So who pays retail anyhow?

Jun 05, 2014 at 01:19 PM
ggreene
• • • •
p.2 #6 · p.2 #6 · Canon 1DX for $4,999!

drzhao wrote:
Canon refurbished might have high shutter counts though. I purchased a 60d canon refurb a while back and it had something around 15k already.

I would imagine that Canon as part of the refurb process takes that into consideration as to whether to replace the shutter or not. 15K is a days shooting for some people.

We are talking about a 1DX. They are made to be used. I've already got close to 200K on mine in a year and a half.

Jun 05, 2014 at 01:28 PM
Gunzorro
• • • • •
p.2 #7 · p.2 #7 · Canon 1DX for $4,999!

Karl Witt wrote:
So who says they actually have the ability to repair it?
So why not pick up a refurb for a little more with a 1yr Canon warranty No more than $5499.
So who pays retail anyhow?

In states like California, Canon adds the sales tax which comes to approximately $445, plus shipping. So when all is said and done, the refurb would cost many US citizens around $6000 vs. $5000 for the item discussed here.

I buy most of my stuff without warranty, usually used gear. I very, very rarely have a problem, and it has always been taken care of by mutual agreement with the seller. This has been a tremendous savings compared to buying new gear. Being a CPS member helps ward off my fears about unexpected breakdowns.

Jun 05, 2014 at 01:38 PM
Attica

Account locked
p.2 #8 · p.2 #8 · Canon 1DX for $4,999!

Wow amazing deal : ) I need this but have not made up my mind of either getting the 1D4 or 1DX. Ehh have to get this ASAP.

Jun 05, 2014 at 01:55 PM
Grantland
• • • •
p.2 #9 · p.2 #9 · Canon 1DX for $4,999!

Imagemaster wrote:
Even more money can be saved on buying used gear without any warranties. I have saved thousands of dollars buying used and only had to pay less than $500 in repairs in over 15 years.

Agreed.

I buy 99% of all my camera equipment used.

No worries so far.

Jun 05, 2014 at 02:09 PM
Shutterbug2006
• • •
p.2 #10 · p.2 #10 · Canon 1DX for $4,999!

Out of the 10 or so Canon dslr's I have owned, only one needed service, and it was out of warranty.

Jun 05, 2014 at 03:24 PM

Search in Used Dept. 

molson
• • • • • •
p.2 #11 · p.2 #11 · Canon 1DX for $4,999!

Karl Witt wrote:
We wouldn't be doing business with this seller if they were an FM member!
Sorry Fred I disagree with a post like this, I wouldn't recommend this seller or this deal to anyone, just my opinion but I buy and sell for a living.

Karl, these eBay scammers pay sites like this one to promote their ads.

All it takes is a few suckers (read some of the posts above... ) to make it a very lucrative business.

Jun 05, 2014 at 03:48 PM
molson
• • • • • •
p.2 #12 · p.2 #12 · Canon 1DX for $4,999!

Imagemaster wrote:
I guess some people just can't figure out that money saved on lower purchase price without warranty can work out cheaper in long run than buying more expensive with warranty.

Just out of curiosity, how do you calculate your savings when the camera you purchased never shows up?

Jun 05, 2014 at 03:51 PM
Karl Witt
• • • • • • •
p.2 #13 · p.2 #13 · Canon 1DX for $4,999!

Gunzorro wrote:
In states like California, Canon adds the sales tax which comes to approximately $445, plus shipping. So when all is said and done, the refurb would cost many US citizens around $6000 vs. $5000 for the item discussed here.

I buy most of my stuff without warranty, usually used gear. I very, very rarely have a problem, and it has always been taken care of by mutual agreement with the seller. This has been a tremendous savings compared to buying new gear. Being a CPS member helps ward off my fears about unexpected breakdowns.

I always buy used and have a great deal of great experiences too. Recently I bought a newer used 6D from an FM member under Canon warranty and had to use it and had to have the camera replaced..............thankful for warranty in that case!

Since many out of state transactions aren't taxable it is easy to likely eliminate the added cost of taxes to a 'new' sale.
There are many 'used' finds at reduced price that still have Canon warranty on high dollar purchases such as 1DX.

I have found it is the ones that get baited in on the lowest deals that often suffer the hardest consequences when there is a problem.
Buy what makes you comfortable............I really don't like this type of a sale listing as it reads in a deceiving way..................not all folks pick up on that

I'm pretty sure that reputable dealers have to abide by Canon rules for advertising a price, certainly don't hesitate to ask you favorite trusted Canon dealer about a discount, the worst that can happen is you will save a little more money

Jun 05, 2014 at 04:02 PM
Imagemaster
• • • • • • •
p.2 #14 · p.2 #14 · Canon 1DX for $4,999!

molson wrote:
Just out of curiosity, how do you calculate your savings when the camera you purchased never shows up?

I don't have to because one has never not shown up.

Jun 05, 2014 at 04:42 PM
Arka
• • • • • •
p.2 #15 · p.2 #15 · Canon 1DX for $4,999!

molson wrote:

If the camera doesn't show up you can reverse the charge, and pay nothing (hence, no monetary expense). I've always been able to do that with a PayPal or credit card transaction. Indeed, the relatively easy reversibility of payment this makes the landscape for sellers of goods much riskier than for buyers.

Jun 05, 2014 at 04:52 PM
Lars Johnsson
• • • • • • •
p.2 #16 · p.2 #16 · Canon 1DX for $4,999!

Gunzorro wrote:

The Ebay seller in the link here also adds sales tax. (Seller charges sales tax for items shipped to: NY(8.875%).)

Jun 05, 2014 at 05:47 PM
snapsy
• • • •
p.2 #17 · p.2 #17 · Canon 1DX for $4,999!

Lars Johnsson wrote:
The Ebay seller in the link here also adds sales tax. (Seller charges sales tax for items shipped to: NY(8.875%).)

That's because the seller is located in NY. Most online retailers collect sales tax only in states where they have a physical presence. Canon collects sales tax for all states (that have a sales tax).

Jun 05, 2014 at 06:10 PM
Lars Johnsson
• • • • • • •
p.2 #18 · p.2 #18 · Canon 1DX for $4,999!

snapsy wrote:
That's because the seller is located in NY. Most online retailers collect sales tax only in states where they have a physical presence. Canon collects sales tax for all states (that have a sales tax).

Yes I understand. But it doesn't help you if you are from NY

Jun 05, 2014 at 06:35 PM
eztaxcpa

p.2 #19 · p.2 #19 · Canon 1DX for $4,999!

I have purchased several items from Grey Market Seller , there were No Warranty, No exchange. No Good

Jun 05, 2014 at 09:49 PM
Sarsfield
• • •
p.2 #20 · p.2 #20 · Canon 1DX for $4,999!

I have purchased several items from Grey Market Seller , there were No Warranty, No exchange. No Good

These replies are real helpful. Why would you buy SEVERAL items from grey market sellers and then declare that they are no good? Are you a glutton for punishment or just a total ignoramus? And I mean that as politely as I can state it.

Jun 05, 2014 at 09:56 PM

FM Forums | Canon Forum | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username   Password    Reset password