New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | People Photography | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2014 · A stolen moment

Bewithabob

Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · A stolen moment

Shot this a few weeks back.

Ok let 'er rip.

Post script: after getting a few interesting comments about this 'pose', i need to explain a little about the circumstances.

This is a professional model, but she was not posed. How this shot came about, I was at a shoot around, at a photography school, where several models were present. I was working and walking through the venue, on my way to manage a class, and got a glimpse of this model relaxing for a moment between sessions. the idea that she was getting a little break, not posing and just able to take it easy for a moment caught my eye. I had my camera, and I had a split second. i had just enough time to take my aperture down to 1.4....to get a proper exposure, and this was the only frame I shot of her and she was off for a wardrobe change and her next session. indeed, the focus point was on her hair. and there was no intent to reveal anything about her as a person, just the concept that she was getting a break...and thus i call it a stolen moment as she was able to get a breather...

apologies to all for my watermarks.

http://www.robertshurtleffphotography.com/Portraits/Logo-and-Website-images/i-2BVBr98/0/XL/_DSC7604-Edit-XL.jpg

Edited on Jun 05, 2014 at 07:25 PM · View previous versions

Jun 04, 2014 at 02:28 PM
hijazist
• • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · A stolen moment

Nice shot... I would love to see the rest of her pretty dress and IMHO the logo is a bit distracting

Jun 04, 2014 at 03:11 PM
slookx24
• •
p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · A stolen moment

hijazist wrote:
Nice shot... I would love to see the rest of her pretty dress and IMHO the logo is a bit distracting

The logo is extremely distracting.

Jun 04, 2014 at 04:16 PM
Bewithabob

p.1 #4 · p.1 #4 · A stolen moment

thanks.

Edited on Jun 05, 2014 at 04:40 PM · View previous versions

Jun 04, 2014 at 04:17 PM
friscoron
• • • • •
p.1 #5 · p.1 #5 · A stolen moment

The logo in the lower right serves its purpose. The rest is really distracting. It's hard for me to appreciate the picture because I'm going, wtf is this?

Jun 04, 2014 at 08:57 PM
jojomon11
• • • • •
p.1 #6 · p.1 #6 · A stolen moment

all i see is circles

Jun 04, 2014 at 10:04 PM
ctm050969

p.1 #7 · p.1 #7 · A stolen moment

Like it, but agree the watermarks make it a bit difficult to enjoy.

Jun 04, 2014 at 10:24 PM
Steve Wylie
• • •
p.1 #8 · p.1 #8 · A stolen moment

Despite the watermark, for a "stolen moment" this is quite nice.

Jun 05, 2014 at 01:15 AM
Michaelparris
• • • •
p.1 #9 · p.1 #9 · A stolen moment

Nice logo....

Jun 05, 2014 at 01:22 AM
bbourizk
• • • •
p.1 #10 · p.1 #10 · A stolen moment

Michaelparris wrote:
Nice logo....

+1

Jun 05, 2014 at 08:52 AM
Bewithabob

p.1 #11 · p.1 #11 · A stolen moment

Thank you Steve and ctm050969.

Jun 05, 2014 at 11:42 AM
Steady Hand
• • • • • •
p.1 #12 · p.1 #12 · A stolen moment

Howdy,

Everything I write here on FM is intended to help. Everything I write is in a truly friendly spirit and tone of voice.

Unfortunately, you can't hear my voice on this forum, and written comments can be easily misunderstood for tone and intent. That is why I prefer to speak with people on a phone call when giving them advice and giving critical opinions (critique) of their images. Otherwise, what is intended to help someone can be taken wrongly, and that defeats the purpose of the communication. And, because I want to avoid flaming and trolls, I tend to refrain from writing some things here that could be instrumental in helping someone improve, but may be taken out of context or misused by others. So, I limit my written comments here...though I am sure some will disagree on that last point.

Quick Comments:

1. Second image of two I have seen you post where the eyes are closed (only seeing eyelids). I prefer to see eyes in most cases.

2. This is an unflattering angle (POV) and really seems focused on her hair or her cleavage.

3. The POV and pose makes her body look like a "lump" (and shows no waist) and makes her look wide. Not good.

I hope these comments help you.

Jun 05, 2014 at 12:51 PM
Ian Boys
• • • •
p.1 #13 · p.1 #13 · A stolen moment

It doesn't look like a stolen moment. Looks like a pose. Seems too tightly cropped - everything is cut, hair, arms etc. Watermarks are terrible.

Jun 05, 2014 at 01:15 PM
Elijah
• • • •
p.1 #14 · p.1 #14 · A stolen moment

slookx24 wrote:
The logo is extremely distracting.

EXTREMELY!!

Jun 05, 2014 at 01:35 PM
rongwam
• • •
p.1 #15 · p.1 #15 · A stolen moment

As others already mentioned about the logo, I will not talk about it.
I am not so sure where you want us to pay attention to. The face, or the model's right eye is not very sharp, and it seems that the focal plan is on the hair!
I agree with Steady about the POV and pose. Also, I do not like that face that the red dress overlaps part of her red lips.
I suggest that you can photograph her facing up and looking at you. It looks like she is pretty model!

Jun 05, 2014 at 05:54 PM
Bewithabob

p.1 #16 · p.1 #16 · A stolen moment

rongwam wrote:
As others already mentioned about the logo, I will not talk about it.
I am not so sure where you want us to pay attention to. The face, or the model's right eye is not very sharp, and it seems that the focal plan is on the hair!
I agree with Steady about the POV and pose. Also, I do not like that face that the red dress overlaps part of her red lips.
I suggest that you can photograph her facing up and looking at you. It looks like she is pretty model!

thanks for that thought about the lips against the dress. and the POV. but this was not posed.

Jun 05, 2014 at 07:10 PM

FM Forums | People Photography | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username       Or Reset password

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.