Archive 2014 · I'm happy with Nikon

trenchmonkey
• • • • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.5 #1 · p.5 #1 · I'm happy with Nikon

Apparently good and happy are not why we are here ... I started this thread

https://www.fredmiranda.com/forum/topic/1298485

and did not get a single response.

I read that, most here are not gonna get excited about a crippled entry level body...
not surprised one bit.

Jun 08, 2014 at 07:21 AM
binary visions
• • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.5 #2 · p.5 #2 · I'm happy with Nikon

Vinnie_VdB wrote:
The topic starter wanted to gather a bunch of reactions of people that were happy with Nikon.
Let's stick to this. I AM HAPPY (in true Nikon slogan).

The topic starter initiated a thread on a public forum that anyone and everyone could instantly see was going to wander from the original topic almost immediately. This shouldn't be a surprise and I think it's a little presumptuous to scold people for doing so.

RLDubbya wrote:
One thing I've come to realize now that I can't walk for more than a couple hundred yards due to this disease: life is a whole better if you take the time to appreciate what you have, rather than complaining about what you don't have.

I'd give the world to be able to take my Nikon gear out on my favorite trails and shoot for a day.

I do love this perspective - it is one I try to live every day. I think there's a difference between a discussion about what people don't like, and wrapping yourself up in negative feelings, though. We should all appreciate what we have, every day, but we can also acknowledge what is missing.

So sorry to hear that you've been robbed of one of your passions. I hope you are finding your way to some happiness in other pursuits!

Andre Labonte wrote:

You started a thread on an enthusiast forum, pointing to a blog it seems like a third of your posts are dedicated to pointing to (and many of us already read), about an entry-level DSLR, and it surprises you that it didn't trigger an enthusiastic discussion?

Just like this OP, I could have told you that from the start

Jun 08, 2014 at 07:45 AM
newphotmano
• •
p.5 #3 · p.5 #3 · I'm happy with Nikon

i switched from Canon and i can't be happier, my 5Dmrk 2 was an amazing camera, but my D610 blows it out of the water. I am a nikon guy now and like i said i dont see myself going back to canon

Jun 08, 2014 at 09:19 AM
Kerry Pierce
• • • •
p.5 #4 · p.5 #4 · I'm happy with Nikon

MitchSC wrote:
Well I've only been participating in this forum for 9 months and some may feel I don't have enough time on the pond to voice my opinion in what has turned into a controversy. But in the time I've been here there has been soooo many threads devoted to what Nikon is doing wrong. Can't there be one on what they are doing right?

In my world, anyone has the right to voice their opinion. That was really the point of my last post.

Yes, there are lots of complaint threads, but there are a lot of legitimate reasons for complaint. Those threads obviously irritate those folks that are perfectly happy with their gear. If you're a Canon convert that came to Nikon for the d800, well, what is there for you to be unhappy about?

Just realize that the d800 is not the best camera for everyone. I have one and like it a lot, but it isn't my favorite camera. My d3s is the camera that I like the most, but even it doesn't do everything that I want a camera to do.

Maybe I'm just a simpleton, but I don't read the threads that don't interest me and I block/hide the users that irritate me. It makes the forum a much more pleasant place for me.

Kerry

Jun 08, 2014 at 10:26 AM
Andre Labonte
• • • • • •
p.5 #5 · p.5 #5 · I'm happy with Nikon

trenchmonkey wrote:
I read that, most here are not gonna get excited about a crippled entry level body...
not surprised one bit.

I would have figured a bunch of us would have one as a lightweight, inexpensive travel body ... though a D5300 would be more likely I must admit.

Jun 08, 2014 at 11:22 AM
Vinnie_VdB
• • •
p.5 #6 · p.5 #6 · I'm happy with Nikon

Andre Labonte wrote:

Confused! Why do you expect a response on a review of a new camera, more over, an entry level camera?
No disrespect to an entry level camera but reviews are what they are.

Jun 08, 2014 at 02:00 PM
Andre Labonte
• • • • • •
p.5 #7 · p.5 #7 · I'm happy with Nikon

Vinnie_VdB wrote:
Confused! Why do you expect a response on a review of a new camera, more over, an entry level camera?
No disrespect to an entry level camera but reviews are what they are.

OK ... did you read the post directly above yours?

"I would have figured a bunch of us would have one as a lightweight, inexpensive travel body ... though a D5300 would be more likely I must admit."

You know, photography forum, inexpensive back-up body for the truck and/or travel ... just a thought. I've considered getting one for my truck as a body I can leave there and not really worry about.

Jun 08, 2014 at 02:51 PM
Jason_Brook
• • • •
p.5 #8 · p.5 #8 · I'm happy with Nikon

Andre Labonte wrote:
It's not an issue of resistance ... it's and issue of too much weight, bulk and cost.

You won't switch to FX because of weight and bulk? You shoot a D300. I can no longer take any of your posts seriously.

Jun 08, 2014 at 08:15 PM
Andre Labonte
• • • • • •
p.5 #9 · p.5 #9 · I'm happy with Nikon

Jason_Brook wrote:
You won't switch to FX because of weight and bulk? You shoot a D300. I can no longer take any of your posts seriously.

Not the camera silly, but the entire system, most especially the lenses. I don't know about you but my lenses make up the vast majority of the weight, bulk and cost of my system; especially at the long telephoto end. On DX I cover 15mm to 765mm FX equivalent FOV (25mm to 450mm @ f/2.8) for a fraction of the size, weight and cost of doing the same in FX. I have ONE camera body; spending a small amount extra in weight, bulk and cost to get extra performance and body build in the body is worth it for me given what I have saved in lenses.

You really should think before you spout your mouth off the way you do.

Jun 08, 2014 at 08:44 PM
runamuck
• • • • • •
[X]
p.5 #10 · p.5 #10 · I'm happy with Nikon

I certainly have my differences with Nikon. But on the whole, my gear has performed as expected. What more can I reasonably ask for? Chicago Cubs in the world series? Sorry, I don't think anyone has that power.

I read Andre's post about the 3300. If I were even remotely interested in an entry level camera I might have posted. It's good to see somebody recognizing a positive about a Nikon camera.

I still have some DX gear. I love how my 300AFS f4 becomes a 450MM on DX. Add a TC and I'm pushing 600. I can't beat that with a stick.

Jun 08, 2014 at 10:47 PM
Sara0613

p.5 #11 · p.5 #11 · I'm happy with Nikon

I also happy with Nikon.Nikon faces the rise of large, well-capitalized companies http://www.fundagalaxys5.com/category-funda-samsung-galaxy-note-3-68.html who can research, develop and deploy products based on new technology quickly.

Edited on Jul 15, 2014 at 02:11 AM · View previous versions

Jun 08, 2014 at 11:09 PM
bolampau

p.5 #12 · p.5 #12 · I'm happy with Nikon

I switched from Fuji X-E1 to the D7100 as I wanted DX format's longer reach to photograph the Battle of Britain Memorial Flight.

However, I've been using the Nikon for all manner of subjects just to get used to it.

I printed a photo to A2 size yesterday and, at 100 ISO, it's hard to tell that I didn't shoot it with my full-frame Sony A7 !

I couldn't be happier with Nikon and am glad I'm back to using them after a 20 year hiatus.

Jun 09, 2014 at 03:38 AM
bolampau

p.5 #13 · p.5 #13 · I'm happy with Nikon

The Fuji is a nice camera but it doesn't have the long telephoto options that Nikon offer.

Jun 09, 2014 at 03:40 AM
1       2       3       4      
       end

FM Forums | Nikon Forum | Join Upload & Sell

1       2       3       4      
       end

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username       Or Reset password

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.