New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | Post-processing & Printing | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2014 · ACR 8.5 and DNG Converter 8.5 release candidates

Fred Miranda
Admin
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · ACR 8.5 and DNG Converter 8.5 release candidates

ACR 8.5 and DNG Converter 8.5 release candidates
Photoshop Camera Raw 8.5 for CC and Photoshop Camera Raw 8.5 for CS6 release candidates are now available on Adobe Labs, with new camera and lens profile support for Camera Raw plug-in users.

Download ACR 8.5 release candidate for CC

Download ACR 8.5 release candidate for CS6

Features

Modify Graduated and Radial Filter masks with a brush:
  1. After adding or selecting a Graduated or Radial Filter instance, click the new ‘Brush’ mode (next to existing ‘New’ and ‘Edit’ mode buttons) to reveal brush controls that allow you to modify the selected mask.
  2. Use the ‘Brush +’ and ‘Brush -’ icon buttons in the brush controls pane to add to or erase from the selected mask.
  3. Press the ‘Clear’ button to remove all brush modifications from the currently selected mask.
  4. When a Graduated or Radial Filter instance is selected, Shift-K can be used to enter and leave brush modification mode.

Mask visualization is now available for the Graduated and Radial Filters. Use the Mask checkbox at the bottom of the Local Corrections pane or press ‘Y’ to toggle the mask overlay.

Added new Per-Panel Preview default toggle
  1. If the current panel’s settings are not the ACR defaults, clicking the new Per-panel Toggle Button will reset the panel to the ACR defaults.
  2. Clicking the button again will restore the previous settings.
  3. This is a standalone feature, separate from the new Preview controls
  4. The changes are applied to the main view; if you have both the Before and After panes visible, changes will appear in the After pane.

Bug Fixes:
  1. Fixed issue with Fujifilm X-T1 raw images appearing too bright at high ISO settings when using Dynamic Range 200% and 400%. Unfortunately, this fix may affect the appearance of existing images captured with this combination of settings. It is recommended that you (1) purge the Camera Raw cache via the Camera Raw Preferences dialog, and (2) review images shot at ISO settings higher than 1600 for unexpected brightness changes.
  2. Fixed image quality issue (noisy result) when applying spot healing to floating-point (HDR) images.

3. Fixed issue with reading lossless compressed Nikon raw files (NEF files) from the camera models listed below. Previously, some images could be read but would appear as random noise, whereas attempting to open others would result in an error dialog. You will need to purge your Camera Raw cache via the Camera Raw Preferences dialog.
    Nikon D1
    Nikon D1H
    Nikon D1X
    Nikon D2H
    Nikon D2Hs
    Nikon D2X
    Nikon D2Xs
    Nikon D100
    Nikon D200

New Camera Support
    1. Canon PowerShot G1 X Mark II
    2. Fuji FinePix S1
    3. Nikon 1 J4
    4. Nikon 1 V3
    5. Olympus OM-D E-M10
    6. Panasonic LUMIX DMC-GH4 (*)

(*) denotes preliminary support

Jun 04, 2014 at 12:02 AM
OntheRez
• • • • •
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · ACR 8.5 and DNG Converter 8.5 release candidates

Thanks for the news Fred. I know I'll come off cynical here, but I'll be waiting for others to toy with the beta and let us know how useful it is. Can't take the time/risk on my production machine. Perhaps I lack proper creativity (a strong possibility but I'm not seeing the ground breaking value of radial filters. Could someone suggest to me a proper place to use such outside of say portrait work?

Thanks,

Robert

Jun 04, 2014 at 09:53 AM
Wildcats_Fans
• • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · ACR 8.5 and DNG Converter 8.5 release candidates

Thank you

Jun 04, 2014 at 12:39 PM
xterra07
• • • •
p.1 #4 · p.1 #4 · ACR 8.5 and DNG Converter 8.5 release candidates

Neither of those 2 links work for me

Not Found

The requested URL /downloads/cameraraw8-5.html was not found on this server.

Jun 09, 2014 at 01:58 PM
Wildcats_Fans
• • •
p.1 #5 · p.1 #5 · ACR 8.5 and DNG Converter 8.5 release candidates

I just tried them and they both worked for me.

Jun 09, 2014 at 03:15 PM
blumesan

p.1 #6 · p.1 #6 · ACR 8.5 and DNG Converter 8.5 release candidates

Fred Miranda wrote:
Features

Modify Graduated and Radial Filter masks with a brush:
  1. After adding or selecting a Graduated or Radial Filter instance, click the new ‘Brush’ mode (next to existing ‘New’ and ‘Edit’ mode buttons) to reveal brush controls that allow you to modify the selected mask.
  2. Use the ‘Brush +’ and ‘Brush -’ icon buttons in the brush controls pane to add to or erase from the selected mask.
  3. Press the ‘Clear’ button to remove all brush modifications from the currently selected mask.
  4. When a Graduated or Radial Filter instance is selected, Shift-K can be used to enter and leave brush modification mode.

Mask visualization is
...Show more

Does anyone know if these features are included in ACR 8.5 for CS6 or are only found in CC release?

Jun 09, 2014 at 10:02 PM

FM Forums | Post-processing & Printing | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username       Or Reset password

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.