Home · Register · Search · View Winners · Software · Hosting · Software · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username   Password

New fredmiranda.com Mobile Site
  New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | City, Street & Architecture | Join Upload & Sell

1       2       3              12      
       14              16       17       end

Bridges of the World

NightOwl Cat
• • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.13 #1 · Bridges of the World

Well, I wasn't born here, but I was moved here so now it's home. Dayton sure has something in the air about it though, what with all the inventiveness around here. I knew you'd like the details behind the fountain though.

Jun 20, 2014 at 02:29 AM
CGrindahl
• • • • • •
p.13 #2 · Bridges of the World

I understand you were following your husband who was in the Air Force and there is a major base near Dayton. I guess you've made it home. Seems like a good one...

Jun 20, 2014 at 03:02 AM
pbraymond
• • •
p.13 #3 · Bridges of the World

Enjoying the photos. Was just going to tag it for easy reference, but thought it would be better to also include a (sorry, touristy) shot. Great idea, Curtis. Ponte della Costituzione bridge in Venice

Edited on Jun 20, 2014 at 04:29 PM · View previous versions

Jun 20, 2014 at 04:22 AM
NightOwl Cat
• • • • •
p.13 #4 · Bridges of the World

Lovely Lock, Ray

pbraymond wrote:

Enjoying the photos. Was just going to tag it for easy reference, but thought it would be better to also include a (sorry, touristy) shot. Great idea, Curtis. Ponte della Costituzione bridge in Venice

http://www.pbraymond.com/img/s8/v75/p1373246864-4.jpg

Jun 20, 2014 at 05:22 AM
NightOwl Cat
• • • • •
p.13 #5 · Bridges of the World

Slightly to the right of the previous shot, you can now see the center of the confluence of the two rivers

NightOwl Cat 2014

Jun 20, 2014 at 05:25 AM
NightOwl Cat
• • • • •
p.13 #6 · Bridges of the World

And Interstate 75 over the Great Miami River, with Canada Geese getting ready to rest for the night...

NightOwl Cat 2014

Jun 20, 2014 at 05:29 AM
_Rob_S_
• • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.13 #7 · Bridges of the World

A rather ubiquitous railroad truss bridge common throughout the midwestern United States. This one near Lafayette, Indiana where the tracks cross the Wabash River.

Rob

Jun 20, 2014 at 12:45 PM
CH3NO2
• • • •
p.13 #8 · Bridges of the World

I like this _Rob_S_.

Jun 20, 2014 at 01:13 PM
_Rob_S_
• • •
p.13 #9 · Bridges of the World

CH3NO2 wrote:
I like this _Rob_S_.

Thanks Nitro! I do have more. Gotta find a way to get rid of the watermark for posting...

Rob

Jun 20, 2014 at 01:22 PM
pbraymond
• • •
p.13 #10 · Bridges of the World

NightOwl Cat wrote:
Lovely Lock, Ray

Yeah I thought so Took a few edits to fix too. Thanks, I probably never would have caught that......

Jun 20, 2014 at 04:31 PM

Search in Used Dept. 

Gary Sommer
• •
p.13 #11 · Bridges of the World

Hannah Bridge, Oregon

Hannah-Br-37 by gary2881, on Flickr
Bronica SQA, HP-5+

This tractor mechanic forgot to lower his hoist when he took off for the shop to get parts. It's not a good idea to damage a historic bridge, the tab to inspect and repair this bridge was a quarter of a million dollars.

Jun 22, 2014 at 04:16 AM
CGrindahl
• • • • • •
p.13 #12 · Bridges of the World

That is painful to watch Gary. That is a gorgeous bridge. I've no idea how you happened to be on the scene for this accident but these are great shots. Thanks for sharing.

Jun 22, 2014 at 05:48 AM
Gary Sommer
• •
p.13 #13 · Bridges of the World

Curtis, this bridge is about 1/2 mile from my house. I was outside on the patio and heard the crash, grabbed my camera and drove over there. Since this accident there is a reduced weight limit on this bridge. This summer the county is having some of its covered bridges rebuilt. Two are all ready done, and this one, Gilkey Bridge, is also scehduled.

This is a more modern bridge built in 1966.

Jun 22, 2014 at 06:50 AM
NightOwl Cat
• • • • •
p.13 #14 · Bridges of the World

Ouch on the bridge damage, Gary.

Jun 22, 2014 at 10:58 AM
Jim Bau
• • •
p.13 #15 · Bridges of the World

Love this thread! Thought I'd make a few humble contributions to the World's Bridges.

Pohono Bridge over the Merced River - Yosemite Valley, CA

Sentinel Bridge over the Merced River with Half Dome in the background - Yosemite Valley, CA

Jim

Jun 25, 2014 at 05:43 AM
CGrindahl
• • • • • •
p.13 #16 · Bridges of the World

These are beautiful Jim... nothing humble about it given both the appearance of the stone bridges AND the glorious setting. You really captured both scenes beautifully. This is exactly what has the potential to make this thread a wonderful place to visit and share. Thanks so much. I love these.

Jun 25, 2014 at 04:38 PM
Ernie Aubert
• • • •
p.13 #17 · Bridges of the World

Oh, I really like the second one!

Jun 25, 2014 at 08:46 PM
philtax
• • • •
p.13 #18 · Bridges of the World

Hi Jim,

Great images. The background can't be beat.

Phil

Jun 25, 2014 at 10:13 PM
Jim Bau
• • •
p.13 #19 · Bridges of the World

CGrindahl wrote:
These are beautiful Jim... nothing humble about it given both the appearance of the stone bridges AND the glorious setting. You really captured both scenes beautifully. This is exactly what has the potential to make this thread a wonderful place to visit and share. Thanks so much. I love these.

Thanks for the kind words Curtis. This was the first and only time I have been to Yosemite, and I only had one day there to capture as much as I can. I arrived just about sunrise and left shortly after sunset. I was stunned with the beauty of the park, and only hoped to do it justice with my shots. I have been itching to get back there again real soon and explore it better!!!

I have a couple more from the Columbia River Gorge that I'll dig up and add to the thread.

Jun 26, 2014 at 02:01 AM
Jim Bau
• • •
p.13 #20 · Bridges of the World

Ernie Aubert wrote:
Oh, I really like the second one!

Thanks Ernie! I took off my hiking boots and waded out in the warm, shallow waters to see if I could get a better view than they typical shot from the bridge itself. As I waded out it got much deeper, but when I looked up the opening in the trees beautifully framed Half Dome. Burried the tripod in the sandy bottom and fired away!!!

Jun 26, 2014 at 02:05 AM

FM Forums | City, Street & Architecture | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username   Password    Retrive password