FM Forum Rules
Landscape Posting Guidelines

FM Forums | Landscape Photographer | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2014 · Wind Turbines

SargentRay
• • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · Wind Turbines

Just a quick shot i did late afternoon today, been trying to find a spot to get close enough to shoot those wind mills, last time i tried the farmer sent his dog after me as i was walking towards his house to ask permission to go on his land to shoot. Guess i got my answer all right...

Everything went well today although i didn't dare get any closer and step on the fresh plants and have another dog going for my butt.

Mercier's wind turbines.

Edited on Jun 02, 2014 at 06:55 AM · View previous versions

Jun 01, 2014 at 10:36 PM
oranso

Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · Wind Turbines

I can't tell if it's my eyes playing tricks, but I feel like there might be a bit of burning brush bleed in the vicinity of the windmills. It's a beautiful shot, but I feel like that portion is a bit distracting.

Jun 02, 2014 at 12:57 AM
SargentRay
• • •
p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · Wind Turbines

oranso wrote:
I can't tell if it's my eyes playing tricks, but I feel like there might be a bit of burning brush bleed in the vicinity of the windmills. It's a beautiful shot, but I feel like that portion is a bit distracting.

Hi oranso, i had the same reaction last night, i went through the whole series, i shot like 40 shots from different angles, and it is present on every shot. I thought it might have been an over sharpen artefact from Lr4 but it's not the case. Maybe the side of the blade is either painted or dirty or something. I'm going back today to shoot it with the 200 mm to find out what it is. Then again it may just be shadows caused by the time of day i took the shot.

Thanks for dropping by :-)

Jun 02, 2014 at 06:19 AM
SargentRay
• • •
p.1 #4 · p.1 #4 · Wind Turbines

Thanks to bruceg for correcting me, those are wind turbines indeed and not wind mills, the kind of mistake you can expect from a french Canadian :-(

Jun 02, 2014 at 06:56 AM
SargentRay
• • •
p.1 #5 · p.1 #5 · Wind Turbines

Here's a purified version

Jun 02, 2014 at 09:32 AM
SargentRay
• • •
p.1 #6 · p.1 #6 · Wind Turbines

And now a completely sur realistic version just to satisfy my need :-)

Jun 02, 2014 at 02:44 PM

FM Forums | Landscape Photographer | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username       Or Reset password

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.