Home · Register · Search · View Winners · Software · Hosting · Software · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username   Password

New fredmiranda.com Mobile Site
  New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | Alternative Gear & Lenses | Join Upload & Sell

1       2      
       end

Zeiss Tuit lenses Instant Rebates, Save up to $800!

corposant
• • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.3 #1 · p.3 #1 · Zeiss Tuit lenses Instant Rebates, Save up to $800!

It makes you wonder if Zeiss either just completely misjudged the market on pricing, or misjudged demand for niche-y systems.

Jun 04, 2014 at 10:44 PM
goosemang
• • •
p.3 #2 · p.3 #2 · Zeiss Tuit lenses Instant Rebates, Save up to $800!

how are the AF motors on these? are they buzzy like the Fuji 35?

Jun 05, 2014 at 01:34 AM
johnctharp
• • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.3 #3 · p.3 #3 · Zeiss Tuit lenses Instant Rebates, Save up to $800!

goosemang wrote:

Audible but not annoying according to PZ.

And I'll say it again here- I'd love to see these and the 50 macro in EF-M mount to complement the 22/2 as a mobile prime set. Really wish Canon would put some elbow grease behind that system.

Jun 05, 2014 at 01:41 AM
Daniel Smith
• •
p.3 #4 · p.3 #4 · Zeiss Tuit lenses Instant Rebates, Save up to $800!

Anyone try these Zeiss lenses with a Hoya 720nm InfraRed filter?
I really like the Fuji 14 and 35 because they don't have a hot spot shooting InfraRed with the Hoya filter.

Jun 05, 2014 at 04:57 AM
Jerry-Astro

p.3 #5 · p.3 #5 · Zeiss Tuit lenses Instant Rebates, Save up to $800!

So, somewhat disturbing discussion with my local camera store today. Called to reserve the 12/32 Touit pair and apparently managed to bag a set that had just come in (they had none in stock). However, the sales guy told me that he had just heard that Zeiss was ending the rebate deal early -- possibly within a week or so. Please don't take this as gold and do your own research, however, if you're thinking of jumping on this smokin' deal, you might not want to wait too long.

Jun 06, 2014 at 11:58 PM
ibcj
• •
p.3 #6 · p.3 #6 · Zeiss Tuit lenses Instant Rebates, Save up to $800!

Jerry-Astro wrote:
So, somewhat disturbing discussion with my local camera store today. Called to reserve the 12/32 Touit pair and apparently managed to bag a set that had just come in (they had none in stock). However, the sales guy told me that he had just heard that Zeiss was ending the rebate deal early -- possibly within a week or so. Please don't take this as gold and do your own research, however, if you're thinking of jumping on this smokin' deal, you might not want to wait too long.

Very interesting information! The retailer I bought mine from has reset their prices back to retail.

Jun 07, 2014 at 12:32 AM
Jerry-Astro

p.3 #7 · p.3 #7 · Zeiss Tuit lenses Instant Rebates, Save up to $800!

Confirmed. Here's the link. Ends on the 15th. Feeling really lucky right now... Picking them up tomorrow morning.

http://www.zeiss.com/camera-lenses/en_us/camera_lenses.html

Jun 07, 2014 at 01:14 AM
RustyBug
• • • • • •
p.3 #8 · p.3 #8 · Zeiss Tuit lenses Instant Rebates, Save up to $800!

Mine arrived today.

Bought an X-M1 to test the waters.

Now that Zeiss has the widest end covered, it's time to find a good adapter for some "Alt on Alt". Looking forward to seeing how some Leica, Mamiya & C/Y glass plays with the X-Trans sensor.

Jun 07, 2014 at 03:39 AM
krdvg

p.3 #9 · p.3 #9 · Zeiss Tuit lenses Instant Rebates, Save up to $800!

I have seen results of 12mm with the baffle removed on A7(r). Anybody know how the 32mm will do??

Jun 07, 2014 at 09:59 PM

Search in Used Dept. 

A.Y.
• • •
p.3 #10 · p.3 #10 · Zeiss Tuit lenses Instant Rebates, Save up to $800!

goosemang wrote:

The AF motors on both the 12mm and 32mm make constant buzzy sound that will be audible in video; therefore, I returned the kit. The AF speeds on both lenses are slower and hunt more than the E-mount lenses I have - again not good for video.

Jun 08, 2014 at 02:54 AM
marlinspike

p.3 #11 · p.3 #11 · Zeiss Tuit lenses Instant Rebates, Save up to $800!

A.Y. wrote:
The AF motors on both the 12mm and 32mm make constant buzzy sound that will be audible in video; therefore, I returned the kit. The AF speeds on both lenses are slower and hunt more than the E-mount lenses I have - again not good for video.

Did you update the firmware? Even though I just bought mine, they still had the old firmware. The new firmware makes the AF much better on my X-E2, though I'll agree the AF motors are indeed very noisy.

Jun 08, 2014 at 03:12 AM
dovey
• •
p.3 #12 · p.3 #12 · Zeiss Tuit lenses Instant Rebates, Save up to $800!

And how are the results of the 12mm on the A7R with the baffles removed?
I would love to know, the results with the Sigma art lenses were surprisingly good and useable, would love to do the same with the 12mm if this gives a reasonable result

Jun 08, 2014 at 03:54 AM
TMaG82
• • •
p.3 #13 · p.3 #13 · Zeiss Tuit lenses Instant Rebates, Save up to $800!

marlinspike wrote:
Did you update the firmware? Even though I just bought mine, they still had the old firmware. The new firmware makes the AF much better on my X-E2, though I'll agree the AF motors are indeed very noisy.

They're going to be noisy because of the design. The firmware improved AF speed as well as I believe disabled the necessity to have the NEX constantly pre focus even when not shooting. The workaround before on the NEX7 was to have it on MF mode and use the rear button to AF. But the lens design uses noisier DC motors rather than the quieter designs being used now (like the STM on the newer canons).

Jun 09, 2014 at 12:01 AM
umsl12
• •
p.3 #14 · p.3 #14 · Zeiss Tuit lenses Instant Rebates, Save up to $800!

For those who received the Zeiss deal ( and having Fuji lenses) , how do you like Zeiss 32m compare to Fuji 35/23mm and Ziess 12mm compare to Fuji 14mm? Thanks

Jun 10, 2014 at 02:09 AM
absolutic
• • •
p.3 #15 · p.3 #15 · Zeiss Tuit lenses Instant Rebates, Save up to $800!

I've spend a day shooting with the Zeiss pair yesterday.... I used to own 35 1.4 and 23 1.4, but don't currently have these to compare side-by-side. Zeiss is very sharp wide open.

Jun 10, 2014 at 05:11 AM
mMontag
• • • •
p.3 #16 · p.3 #16 · Zeiss Tuit lenses Instant Rebates, Save up to $800!

A quick note on the Zeiss 12mm......

The front of the lens body crowds the filter ring threads - it will not accept a 67mm Lee wide angle adapter - be careful putting on a rotating filter like a CPL - you can't reach in and remove the filter at it's base and may need a filter wrench to grab the base. Too bad - a poor design that could have been easily avoided!! jmo

Jun 10, 2014 at 02:46 PM
umsl12
• •
p.3 #17 · p.3 #17 · Zeiss Tuit lenses Instant Rebates, Save up to $800!

Thanks Absolutic and mMontag!

Jun 10, 2014 at 02:53 PM
jonmason

Account locked
p.3 #18 · p.3 #18 · Zeiss Tuit lenses Instant Rebates, Save up to $800!

this set with the X-T1 would be very nice indeed.

Jun 28, 2014 at 05:37 PM
1       2      
       end

FM Forums | Alternative Gear & Lenses | Join Upload & Sell

1       2      
       end

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username   Password    Reset password