New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | Pro Digital Corner | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2014 · Airmiles Reward Credit cards information

codyconway
• • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · Airmiles Reward Credit cards information

Wasn't entirely sure where else this quite fit, so I wanted to try here.

I am a traveling wildlife photography organizing international bird photography tours in South and Central America. After discussing with another wildlife photography tour professional, I got on board with the United Airlines Card through Chase (Mileage Plus). In my journeys I have banked into the elite statuses and such, but I'm starting to find better ticket prices through other companies. I'm starting to use air france for European flights, which is operated through Delta (Sky miles). So I recently subscribed to their card to try and climb through the ranks and see where it can get me.

One of the big benefits of the United Airlines card is they have a seemingly more flexible date for using miles (no restrictions) and lower buy in for tickets (17,500 miles round trip flights to South America when you catch it perfect). Finally looking into banking into my American Express Sky Miles card through Delta, I'm finding that even domestic airfare "discount" rates, require 10,000 more miles.

So I guess my question, does any other working professional try and utilize reward programs (use the card for equipment purchase, plane tickets, booking clients stays and transports, etc), and if so, what card / elite status membership has worked best for you getting you across the world and back?

**edit**

Should add - it must have zero international fees - this was a HUGE benefit to the United Card when they upgraded my account. I started using it for everything. Again, I've been extremely satisfied with the rewards program, but banking the flights is getting to be more costly than through other companies.

Jun 01, 2014 at 06:12 AM

FM Forums | Pro Digital Corner | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username       Or Reset password

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.