New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | Canon Forum | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2014 · Canon 5D MKII Hand Strap

karim1980
• •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · Canon 5D MKII Hand Strap

I would like to use my Blackrapid R sport strap alongside with a hand strap if I could, which hand strap do you suggest?

May 31, 2014 at 05:39 PM
StillFingerz
• • • •
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · Canon 5D MKII Hand Strap

I grabbed a Cotton Carrier hand strap, it's easy to work with but kinda ruff on the hand. So I just ordered a Herringbone off eBay; see link below, there are lots on colors, tan, brown, black with red stitching, I choose black n black...it's for my 1DMk2n, I recently switched for a Domke gripper strap to a BR sport and enjoy using the BR with the heavier body.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Herringbone-Digital-SLR-Camera-Original-Leather-Hand-Grip-Strap-For-Canon-Nikon-/120974186728?pt=US_Camera_Straps_Hand_Grips&hash=item1c2a9f98e8

Normally it's always been a Domke gripper; 30plus yrs, of some size on my bodies but this time I needed something to be a bit more secure. The BR Sport has a clip and underarm/across chest strap that firmly secures the strap to my body, less chance of dropping my kit.

Having both neck and hand strap attached gives me a bit more confidence and actually helps me hand-hold a bit better, my 7D might get the same treatment. The CC hand strap did work it was just a bit rough as ballistic nylon can be...I'm hoping soft leather will be a better more comfortable fit

Cheers,
Jerry

May 31, 2014 at 06:22 PM
Gochugogi
• • • • • •
p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · Canon 5D MKII Hand Strap

After trying a few ballistic nylon handstraps that were rough on the skin--Cotton Carrier & Case Logic--I found leather to be the most kind to my skin. My fav is the CamAdapter ProStrap: durable but thick quality leather. My oldest one dates from 2004 and shows little signs of wear.

http://www.camdapter.com/handstrap/prostrap.html
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B008EFFG8E/ref=oh_details_o03_s00_i03?ie=UTF8&psc=1

The ProStrap needs to be secured to a QR plate with strap loop or the loop on a battery grip. I never remove my RRS plate so it works perfect with the ProStrap. It's the best made and most comfy strap I've owned, but not the right choice if you like to remove/install regularly. I think of it as semi-permenant.

I also have a Herringbone and it's okay but on the small side and I feel a little insecure with it. Instead of thick leather like the ProStrap, the leather is thin but with foam padding to impart body. It's very easy to install/remove although the leather strap is a bit bulky and tricky to thread through some QR loops. Mine came with a cheap arca plate which I tossed. The Herringbone is more suited for a ILC or SL1.

Finally, the worse hand strap I've owned is the Canon E-1. It's very comfortable and easy to install but the three I've owned all fell apart after a couple years. The part that contacts the back of your hand is soft leather, but the rest of the pad is "peather" and flakes into hundreds of particles all over your hand and camera. Very crappy quality.

May 31, 2014 at 06:38 PM
canon_capture

p.1 #4 · p.1 #4 · Canon 5D MKII Hand Strap

i use the "nikon hand strap II" with my 7d, soft secure and cheap. you can find it on ebay for around 20 bucks, and it comes with an arca swiss plate

May 31, 2014 at 10:51 PM

FM Forums | Canon Forum | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username       Or Reset password

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.