Home · Register · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username  

New fredmiranda.com Mobile Site
  New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | People Photography | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2014 · My first ever portrait of a baby :)

Arutenmu

Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · My first ever portrait of a baby :)

瑛美梨 by Arutemu, on Flickr

C&C welcomed

May 30, 2014 at 06:12 AM
bbourizk
• • • •
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · My first ever portrait of a baby :)

My C&C is to step back from your subjects a bit. All the posts you have posted you are in the subjects face and they are huge in the frame. I'd personally would like to see you a little back.

May 30, 2014 at 06:37 AM
Steady Hand
• • • • • •
p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · My first ever portrait of a baby :)

Hello.

Quick Comments:

Nice expression on the face.

The lighting appears to be mixed (perhaps a mix of natural sunlight and incandescent) (creating both cool and warm areas on the face).

May 30, 2014 at 09:00 AM
Charles Loy
• • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #4 · p.1 #4 · My first ever portrait of a baby :)

Nice photo. Is it an actual portrait or a photo that came off excellent.

May 30, 2014 at 09:17 AM
nextelbuddy
• • •
p.1 #5 · p.1 #5 · My first ever portrait of a baby :)

bbourizk wrote:
My C&C is to step back from your subjects a bit. All the posts you have posted you are in the subjects face and they are huge in the frame. I'd personally would like to see you a little back.

agree with this, sometimes its nice to fill the frame but sometimes its nice to step back and get more into your composition. Eyes are nice and sharp, image is just a tad under exposed but its not too bad.

Steady commented on the mixed lighting, it could be fixed but honestly its not bad enough to be distractig at least to me.

very cute baby.

May 30, 2014 at 09:38 AM
friscoron
• • • • •
p.1 #6 · p.1 #6 · My first ever portrait of a baby :)

Steady's talking about the light on the left side of the baby's face compared to the light on the front of the face. The light on the side of the face appears to be window light, and the front of the face is incandescent light.

I agree with Bud about stepping back. But I also think you need to really evaluate the light in your shooting environment.

May 30, 2014 at 09:53 AM
oranso

p.1 #7 · p.1 #7 · My first ever portrait of a baby :)

Great picture - as I'm about to have my first kid I'm imagining there will be thousands of baby pictures in my near future...

May 30, 2014 at 04:42 PM
GoodEgg
• • •
p.1 #8 · p.1 #8 · My first ever portrait of a baby :)

You got the baby's attention, and the baby gave you a sweet smile. Good things.

Improvements: clone out/burn/otherwise hide or remove the left hand and right arm of the person holding her.
I played with Levels and Curves but accomplished little. My best results was PSCC>Shadows&Highlights>Shadows 50%.
Catchlights -- I see at least 9 lights reflected in both eyes, as well as a window in her left eye. I'd consider consolidating (one catchlight in each eye).
I guess I have a lot to learn as I do not see the different color temps others see. Her color temperature does look a bit cool.
Backing up would have revealed her holder. She looks old enough to hold herself up. She must be an active crawler.

May 31, 2014 at 12:38 AM

FM Forums | People Photography | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username       Or Reset password

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.