FM Forum Rules
Wedding Resource List

FM Forums | Wedding Photographer | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2014 · Diablo Ranch - California Hillside - M & L

Prettym1k3
• • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · Diablo Ranch - California Hillside - M & L

Shot this brilliant couple on Sunday. They lived in Australia, moved to London, got married in California, and at this moment are on their way to Mexico. I know not everyone feels like making friends when they're working, but I genuinely feel like I made friends at this wedding, not just with some of their family and friends, as well as the couple, but also with their friends and the DJ and the planner. This couple hand picked us all, and we all felt exceptionally special and honored to be there. I received more smiles, pats on the back, and hugs from family and friends than I think I ever have.

Also, been shooting a lot with the new Sigma Art. And it's brilliant, and has completely changed my shooting style. I used to be strictly a 50 and 85 guy. Now I know why some of you say you could all shoot with the 35/85 combo all day. Because I feel like those could be 95% of my go-to lenses.

May 28, 2014 at 02:51 PM
carriedaway
• •
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · Diablo Ranch - California Hillside - M & L

Gorgeous, indeed. Love the colors in these; spot on.

May 29, 2014 at 08:48 AM
dhp_sf
• • •
p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · Diablo Ranch - California Hillside - M & L

Nice work Mike! A very classic look here.

May 29, 2014 at 11:50 AM
kingadriano

p.1 #4 · p.1 #4 · Diablo Ranch - California Hillside - M & L

Really nice work!.Sounds like a great experience too!

May 29, 2014 at 12:04 PM
dgleason
• •
p.1 #5 · p.1 #5 · Diablo Ranch - California Hillside - M & L

These are lovely! Great job!

May 29, 2014 at 02:03 PM
Prettym1k3
• • • •
p.1 #6 · p.1 #6 · Diablo Ranch - California Hillside - M & L

Thanks guys. I have a good amount of weddings I'm proud of for multiple reasons. But, and it's easy to always focus on the most recent wedding, I might be the most proud of my candids at this wedding. But it was really great. Great lighting, happy people galore - that stuff really makes for some amazing candid moments.

May 29, 2014 at 03:57 PM
Theographics
• •
p.1 #7 · p.1 #7 · Diablo Ranch - California Hillside - M & L

beautiful, beautiful light in #40. great set!

May 29, 2014 at 03:59 PM
dhp_sf
• • •
p.1 #8 · p.1 #8 · Diablo Ranch - California Hillside - M & L

Prettym1k3 wrote:
Thanks guys. I have a good amount of weddings I'm proud of for multiple reasons. But, and it's easy to always focus on the most recent wedding, I might be the most proud of my candids at this wedding. But it was really great. Great lighting, happy people galore - that stuff really makes for some amazing candid moments.

Definitely what I see. I think the more compelling shots in this set are the ones where you're just photographing things as they happen, keyed in on the primary subjects without too much over-thinking on trying to shoot through elements and stuff. The portraits are classic and elegant, too. I'm sure your clients will be happy with these

May 29, 2014 at 04:01 PM
Ziffl3
• • • • •
p.1 #9 · p.1 #9 · Diablo Ranch - California Hillside - M & L

Really. Nice. Coverage.

Good stuff.

May 29, 2014 at 04:03 PM
Prettym1k3
• • • •
p.1 #10 · p.1 #10 · Diablo Ranch - California Hillside - M & L

dhp_sf wrote:
Definitely what I see. I think the more compelling shots in this set are the ones where you're just photographing things as they happen, keyed in on the primary subjects without too much over-thinking on trying to shoot through elements and stuff. The portraits are classic and elegant, too. I'm sure your clients will be happy with these

You said that way more eloquently than I could have, Duy. I really tried to go simple on this wedding. Walking into this meant I knew that there was so much beautiful light, beautiful stuff, and a beautiful couple too shoot. Not that shooting through things, or different angles are "gimmicky", but I didn't need to think that way for this wedding to get the shots I wanted. Everything was just... beautiful.

May 29, 2014 at 04:44 PM

FM Forums | Wedding Photographer | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username       Or Reset password

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.