Home · Register · Search · View Winners · Software · Hosting · Software · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username   Password

New fredmiranda.com Mobile Site
  New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | Lighting & Studio Techniques | Join Upload & Sell

Godox Witstro and Softboxes

tonytastic

Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #1 · Godox Witstro and Softboxes

Hi,

I got a Godox AD360 and absolutely love it. I picked up the softbox for it and find that its pretty small; I have a lot of Elinchrom softboxes but am open to picking up a new bigger softbox for outdoor use.

Does anyone know where I can find an adaptor or place that sells a bigger softbox (50cm x 50cm) or larger or a larger octabank for this that also ships to Canada?

Thanks!
Tony

May 28, 2014 at 03:49 PM
lifthard2001
• • •
p.1 #2 · Godox Witstro and Softboxes

Have you looked into the softboxs that opens like umbrellas so you can use your umbrella adapter (if you purchased one) . Im using the Cheetah version of this light and really like it

http://www.amazon.com/Photography-Umbrella-Softbox-Canon-6090GD/dp/B00908A8PK/ref=sr_1_fkmr0_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1401296848&sr=8-1-fkmr0&keywords=Photography+Umbrella+type+Softbox+24%22+x+36

May 28, 2014 at 05:04 PM
tonytastic

p.1 #3 · Godox Witstro and Softboxes

My friend has one of those; to be honest, I'm not a big fan of having the entire speedlite inside the softbox as it restricts the angles you use when on a lightstand.

That said, I have thought about it, the design of the head would be perfect for something like that to get maximum light output.

May 28, 2014 at 05:26 PM
lifthard2001
• • •
p.1 #4 · Godox Witstro and Softboxes

Have you looked into a cheetah box with the speedlight mount. You can mount that onto a umbrella swivel mount and that will take care of your angles

May 28, 2014 at 05:37 PM

Search in Used Dept. 

tonytastic

p.1 #5 · Godox Witstro and Softboxes

Good catch, I think thats exactly what i'm looking for.

Amazon doesn't ship them to canada, but ebay does.

Thanks!

May 28, 2014 at 06:00 PM
kymira

p.1 #6 · Godox Witstro and Softboxes

Do you ever find putting modifiers like soft boxes on the AD360, give it a front heavy load because the unit is so small?

Jun 15, 2014 at 11:55 AM
tonytastic

p.1 #7 · Godox Witstro and Softboxes

After getting the S-Type bracket, any softbox attached on top doesn't hook up to the AD360 anymore, it hooks up to the bracket which will bear the weight. Any of the modifiers built to attach directly to the AD360 actually doesnt' contain much bulk or weight (such as the small octagon softbox they make for it).

Jun 16, 2014 at 04:24 AM
BrianO
• • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #8 · Godox Witstro and Softboxes

tonytastic wrote:
...I'm not a big fan of having the entire speedlite inside the softbox as it restricts the angles you use when on a lightstand.

I put mine sideways on a boom stand; no more angle restrictions!

I can spin the boom to get 360 degrees of up/down movement, and spin the column to get 360 degrees of left/right movement.

Jun 16, 2014 at 11:06 AM

FM Forums | Lighting & Studio Techniques | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username   Password    Retrive password