Home · Register · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username  

New fredmiranda.com Mobile Site
  New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | Leica & Alternative Gear | Join Upload & Sell

end

Archive 2014 · Techart Contax G > Nex Adapter Final Version?

trogdon
• • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.2 #1 · p.2 #1 · Techart Contax G > Nex Adapter Final Version?

Don't mean to bump again, but I bought one of these and the AF is not accurate at all at any aperture. I do recall somewhere reading something about setting the aperture on the camera to f90, then making the camera autofocus, then adjusting the dial to basically micro adjust the lens focus? I haven't been able to find anything since, but if this is possible it would make me use it a bit more

May 23, 2015 at 11:48 AM
hiepphotog
• • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.2 #2 · p.2 #2 · Techart Contax G > Nex Adapter Final Version?

trogdon wrote:
Don't mean to bump again, but I bought one of these and the AF is not accurate at all at any aperture. I do recall somewhere reading something about setting the aperture on the camera to f90, then making the camera autofocus, then adjusting the dial to basically micro adjust the lens focus? I haven't been able to find anything since, but if this is possible it would make me use it a bit more

Calibrate the focus on this adapter is like jumping through hoops. You can re-read the manual (not very clear but it's there). What I remember is that you set the f value to f/32, then focus on a point. Depending if it's front or back focus, you can set the lens to certain f value to correct for that and take a picture. Unfortunately, at least with the one I used to have, this only works at a certain distance. However, stopping the lens down by one stop gave me better result. I think you should return yours if it's not such a hassle.

May 23, 2015 at 12:38 PM
serhan_
• • •
p.2 #3 · p.2 #3 · Techart Contax G > Nex Adapter Final Version?

I never updated mine but sb posted in dpreview a few days ago:
http://www.dpreview.com/forums/thread/3845976#forum-post-55838838

From those posts, af update instructions and video:
http://media.wix.com/ugd/df6d77_d6232cdd268845e49522399bcd529fd0.pdf

" target="_blank" rel="nofollow">

May 23, 2015 at 12:44 PM
trogdon
• • •
p.2 #4 · p.2 #4 · Techart Contax G > Nex Adapter Final Version?

Bought it here on FM, will try the calibration but if that doesn't work might just reach out to MXcamera. I think the adapter is great for manual focus, but it doesn't stick in manual focus mode so that's irritating

May 23, 2015 at 12:54 PM
       end

FM Forums | Leica & Alternative Gear | Join Upload & Sell

end

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username       Or Reset password

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.