New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | Lighting & Studio Techniques | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2014 · Need help from anyone using Elinchrom Skyport Speed

boomanbb
• •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · Need help from anyone using Elinchrom Skyport Speed

For someone with the Skyport Speed transmittter, should the hotshoe on the transmitter be able to flex up and down or should it be rigid and unmoving where it attaches to the body of the transmitter? I picked up one off ebay to use with my D-Lites and I am suffering from limited range and irratic behavior. The test button triggers the strobes consistantly but the camera is only 50-75% reliable. The behavior is worse in the speed mode and range is very limited.
I am thinking that the unit should not be feeling like it is spring loaded on a pivot where it attaches to the camera.

Thanks for your help!

Ben

May 27, 2014 at 03:53 PM
Gregg Heckler
• • • •
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · Need help from anyone using Elinchrom Skyport Speed

Assuming the transmitter hasn't been damaged, it should slide all the way in and lock down tight in the hot shoe with the locking wheel. If not then their may be something mechanically wrong with it. Also, be sure the batter is good. Any wireless consistent transmitter use would be affected by low battery power.

What camera body is it? If it's a D700 it could be the hot shoe.

May 27, 2014 at 07:09 PM
boomanbb
• •
p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · Need help from anyone using Elinchrom Skyport Speed

Thanks, it is the shoe on the Skyport transmitter. If I loosen the locking ring, the hot shoe mount moves back and forth with about 3mm of travel.

May 27, 2014 at 08:10 PM

FM Forums | Lighting & Studio Techniques | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username       Or Reset password

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.