New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | Trip Location Advice & Meet-ups | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2014 · Vancouver BC

andyjaggy82
• • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · Vancouver BC

I am taking a work trip to Vancouver, and have the potential opportunity to bookend the trip 3 days before and after with personal stuff. I don't know the area very well so am looking for some recommendations on good locations in the area.

May 27, 2014 at 12:41 PM
dlaurin10
• •
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · Vancouver BC

Lookup Granville Island Market, Stanley Park, Canada Place, Grouse Mountain, Gastown, UBC Botanical Garden that would be a good start.

May 27, 2014 at 10:23 PM
roadie-z

p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · Vancouver BC

What kind of scenery or subject are you looking for?

May 28, 2014 at 11:54 AM
andyjaggy82
• • •
p.1 #4 · p.1 #4 · Vancouver BC

Landscapes. I am up for anything up to around a 4-5 hour drive in the area. My co-worker and I are actually thinking we might go down to Olympic NP for the 3 days before, though I am not sure how that works crossing over the border with a rental car.

Google earth is showing some pretty nice scenery a few hours north of Vancouver, but I'm not sure where to go exactly.

May 28, 2014 at 12:56 PM
Danpbphoto
• • • • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #5 · p.1 #5 · Vancouver BC

The drive up to the Whistler ski area is fantastic! Eagles everywhere along the river that runs beside the road. Take a trip to the Cipilano suspension bridge. Totem poles at the park.
Take the ferry to Victoria. The gardens are beautiful and you may see some Orca's.
With that amount of time you are limitless!
Have a great trip!
Dan

Jun 02, 2014 at 04:47 PM
gromitc

p.1 #6 · p.1 #6 · Vancouver BC

I also recommend Stanley Park and Gastown. If you are going to rent a car and don't mind taking a ferry, Victoria in Vancouver Island is a very nice place to visit.

Jun 12, 2014 at 09:48 PM
dlabrecque
• •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #7 · p.1 #7 · Vancouver BC

Last time I checked, the ferry ticket to Victoria I, with car, was about $150. You can check for prices online: http://www.bcferries.com/fares

Am told it's best to include an overnight if you're going over; just too much to see in one day.

Jun 16, 2014 at 10:42 AM
gromitc

p.1 #8 · p.1 #8 · Vancouver BC

dlabrecque wrote:
Am told it's best to include an overnight if you're going over; just too much to see in one day.

True. I like Victoria more than Vancouver downtown area.

Jun 16, 2014 at 12:37 PM

FM Forums | Trip Location Advice & Meet-ups | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username       Or Reset password

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.