New fredmiranda.com Mobile Site
  New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | Post-processing & Printing | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2014 · Archive Creator

colorchange2

Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · Archive Creator

Please help. I used Archive Creator (from Pictureflow) to back up my photo's to blue ray. It works wonderfully as it spans disks and can use multiple drives. I lost a hard drive and don't have a backup of the original .zip file. Pictureflow will no longer support it and the only versions available online are earlier versions, not 3.

Does anyone have the zip file? I have a legit license so I only need the install files itself. I'll pay someone if they have it. Failing that, is there another nice backup program that will span discs during archive?

Thanks

May 27, 2014 at 08:59 AM
colorchange2

p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · Archive Creator

Nobody?

May 30, 2014 at 11:16 AM
Paul Mo
• • • • •
p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · Archive Creator

So you need to open files on a BluRay disc created by Archive Creator v.3? There are version above 3 online, aren't there?

I think you 'll find most people favor HDD's while others prefer the cloud. I like HDD's myself - any reason not have a robust, modern HDD backup plan?

May 30, 2014 at 03:44 PM
colorchange2

p.1 #4 · p.1 #4 · Archive Creator

No, I want to use Archive Creator to back up my files to BR disc. The versions that say they are 3 online are in fact 2.x. I prefer to use BR for offsite backup.

May 30, 2014 at 04:01 PM
colorchange2

p.1 #5 · p.1 #5 · Archive Creator

I have been saved! Thank you to a user who I won't mention as I didn't ask him if it's OK first but, THANKS!

Anyone who needs the file let me know.

Tim

Jun 07, 2014 at 03:21 PM
snappy67

p.1 #6 · p.1 #6 · Archive Creator

I could really use a link to Archive Creator. I bought the program and have a serial number but I just redid my computer and don't have the original program. I would really appreciate any help that you can provide.

Jun 11, 2014 at 07:17 PM
colorchange2

p.1 #7 · p.1 #7 · Archive Creator

I'll send you the link tomorrow.

Jun 11, 2014 at 07:23 PM
schlotz
• • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #8 · p.1 #8 · Archive Creator

To each their own.... ie backup solution. Many have started this way and quickly learned to move on. Good luck!

Jun 12, 2014 at 07:36 AM
colorchange2

p.1 #9 · p.1 #9 · Archive Creator

It's cheaper to buy BR discs than a hard drive (currently) and longevity is debatable between the formats. Also, having multiple formats back-ups is a diversification of risk.

Some move on intelligently, others don't. lol

Jun 12, 2014 at 07:49 AM
schlotz
• • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #10 · p.1 #10 · Archive Creator

Glad to know an intelligent decision was made. BTW: keep the disks away from significant temp & humidity changes. That will help their longevity.

Jun 12, 2014 at 09:57 AM

FM Forums | Post-processing & Printing | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username       Or Reset password

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.