Home · Register · Search · View Winners · Software · Hosting · Software · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username   Password

New fredmiranda.com Mobile Site
  New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | Lighting & Studio Techniques | Join Upload & Sell

PCB Bag Quality

Albino_BlacMan
• •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · PCB Bag Quality

I'm looking at picking up a cheap bag for my cheap beauty dish. Just something I can attach to a backpack when I bring it to location shoots.

I'm wondering about the quality of the PCB (Paul C Buff) bags. They have one for $30. Has anyone used it (or other bags)? Are they going to fall apart on me or are they decent? The other option is a Hensel bag but that costs me $52.

Opinions greatly appreciated.

Chris

May 26, 2014 at 02:42 PM
Gregg Heckler
• • •
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · PCB Bag Quality

I just bought one for my Mola Demi and I'm very impressed with it for the price. The Demi just fits in it. You wouldn't want to throw it around or ship it but for transporting in the car and storing it's not bad.

May 26, 2014 at 05:56 PM
jamesmorophoto
• • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · PCB Bag Quality

amazon.com

look up the drum bags. they have padded ones, backpacks etc that blow away any of the stuff made for beauty dishes.

May 27, 2014 at 12:19 AM
Deezie
• • •
p.1 #4 · p.1 #4 · PCB Bag Quality

I use the PCB Beauty Dish bag for my Profoto dish and I love it. Very rugged material, well-made, terrific price. The Hensel bag is good, too. I used to have it when I owned Hensel lights, but I feel the PCB bag is of slightly higher quality. The material seems a little more durable.

Edited on May 27, 2014 at 03:36 PM · View previous versions

May 27, 2014 at 02:09 AM
Herb
• • •
p.1 #5 · p.1 #5 · PCB Bag Quality

Agreed on the Buff bag....I have one as well and thought the same.

Deezie wrote:
I use the PCB Beauty Dish bag fro my Profoto dish and I love it. Very rugged material, well-made, terrific price. The Hensel bag is good, too. I used to have it when I owned Hensel lights, but I feel the PCB bag is of slightly higher quality. The material seems a little more durable.

May 27, 2014 at 03:38 AM
jamesmorophoto
• • •
p.1 #6 · p.1 #6 · PCB Bag Quality

those bags all suck compared to the padded drum bags. no joke. amazon...

May 28, 2014 at 07:42 AM

Search in Used Dept. 

Deezie
• • •
p.1 #7 · p.1 #7 · PCB Bag Quality

those bags all suck compared to the padded drum bags. no joke. amazon...

Not sure I can trust the opinion of someone who employs the word "sucks" to make his point.

May 28, 2014 at 02:34 PM
Gregg Heckler
• • •
p.1 #8 · p.1 #8 · PCB Bag Quality

Plus the OP prefaces his requirement with the word cheap. Drum cases are nice but they are far from cheap. If you want the best then get the Mola or Tenba car case.

May 29, 2014 at 03:36 AM
rico
• • • •
p.1 #9 · p.1 #9 · PCB Bag Quality

Every time my wallet hears "Tenba", it goes into cardiac arrest. Admittedly, their products are well made (I have an Air case for my striplight).

May 29, 2014 at 03:41 AM
Albino_BlacMan
• •
p.1 #10 · p.1 #10 · PCB Bag Quality

I actually took jamesphotos advice on music equipment cases for standing bags and found gator bags that are well made for a really good price. There was one other company that also apparently had really good stuff.

So don't dismiss him too quickly although I'll probably just get a buff one b cause I have to place an order for some other pcb stuff anyways.

May 29, 2014 at 03:49 AM
Tom Robinson
• •
p.1 #11 · p.1 #11 · PCB Bag Quality

Zipper broke on mine, but I'm using it a lot.

May 30, 2014 at 02:06 PM
tommycrow

p.1 #12 · p.1 #12 · PCB Bag Quality

Hell, you can't beat the PCB bags for cheap and functional. Are they the best? Nope but they sure aren't expensive.

Jul 10, 2014 at 08:17 PM

FM Forums | Lighting & Studio Techniques | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username   Password    Reset password