New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | Photo Critique | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2014 · Bridge Critique part 2

pike40
• • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · Bridge Critique part 2

Made it up to reshoot the RR bridge today. It was totally different conditions today, very cloudy, kind of moody sky. Attached are a couple versions for your critique. Thanks for the comments on my earlier post and I am looking forward to your thoughts on these.

Thanks

Mike

May 25, 2014 at 08:31 PM
ben egbert
• • • • • •
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · Bridge Critique part 2

First is my favorite here and I love those clouds. Just a nit but I am not too fond of that sidewalk. It would be fine if it did not just end abruptly and with that piece of pavement intersecting it. I am thinking I would try to get a little bit over so that the sidewalk end was running out of the right edge of your shot. Or at least close enough to the water to avoid the pavement.

I see horizon halos.

By the way, I like all of these better than your other mostly because you have a better sky and light.

May 25, 2014 at 09:41 PM
pike40
• • •
p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · Bridge Critique part 2

ben egbert wrote:
First is my favorite here and I love those clouds. Just a nit but I am not too fond of that sidewalk. It would be fine if it did not just end abruptly and with that piece of pavement intersecting it. I am thinking I would try to get a little bit over so that the sidewalk end was running out of the right edge of your shot. Or at least close enough to the water to avoid the pavement.

I see horizon halos.

By the way, I like all of these better than your other mostly because you have
...Show more

Thanks for the comments Ben. I am guessing what you are calling pavement is the Albani dam boat launch. Because they are purging water the level is below the end of the ramp. I cloned it out of this one, is this what you were thinking?

Mike

May 25, 2014 at 09:56 PM
sbeme
• • • • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #4 · p.1 #4 · Bridge Critique part 2

First in BW for me. The color "information" adds little for me and the play of shapes and lines makes the image. Nicely, the sky pulls in from the sky to the center dark clouds, positioned nicely above the island and near the virtual intersection of the bridges. Last two just have less features to pull the image together.
Scott

May 25, 2014 at 10:14 PM
pike40
• • •
p.1 #5 · p.1 #5 · Bridge Critique part 2

sbeme wrote:
First in BW for me. The color "information" adds little for me and the play of shapes and lines makes the image. Nicely, the sky pulls in from the sky to the center dark clouds, positioned nicely above the island and near the virtual intersection of the bridges. Last two just have less features to pull the image together.
Scott

Thanks for your comments sbeme, I also think the black and white works pretty well on this image, seems to capture the mood better.

Mike

May 25, 2014 at 10:34 PM
ben egbert
• • • • • •
p.1 #6 · p.1 #6 · Bridge Critique part 2

pike40 wrote:
Thanks for the comments Ben. I am guessing what you are calling pavement is the Albani dam boat launch. Because they are purging water the level is below the end of the ramp. I cloned it out of this one, is this what you were thinking?

Mike

Thats it. I could live with the sidewalk ok if it went all they way across, but cloning both out is good.

May 26, 2014 at 09:33 AM

FM Forums | Photo Critique | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username       Or Reset password

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.