New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | Digital Art, Smartphone & Abstract | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2014 · Software

raven4ns
• •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · Software

Hello,
Which software do many of you use to photopaint with? I am in the process of trying to decide just that question. Photoshop is simply too expensive as this is a hobby and I can't justify the cost of PS. However there must be many other software packages that would allow me to photopaint some images for my own satisfaction. Do many of you use painting software or filters like Topaz? Thank you for any and all suggestions as they will be most appreciated.

Tim

May 25, 2014 at 09:13 AM
centricx007

p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · Software

Try LightRoom, Easy to use. not very expensive

Jun 05, 2014 at 12:12 PM
Imagemaster
• • • • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · Software

Topaz and Photoshop Elements both cost less than Lightroom.

Jun 06, 2014 at 12:16 AM
wolfcreek

p.1 #4 · p.1 #4 · Software

If you're looking for a mobile app, try Glaze. Creates some interesting effects with digital images.

Jun 13, 2014 at 02:40 PM
Abuttolph
• • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #5 · p.1 #5 · Software

SnapArt by AlienSkin is also decent (although it crashed on me a couple of times when trying it out). You can try it for free.

Jul 25, 2014 at 03:22 PM
lylejk
• • • • •
p.1 #6 · p.1 #6 · Software

DAP (Mediachance), PostworkShop Pro (haven't re-installed yet since ol' Betsy died on me and now I have a new computer), GIMP w/ GMIC for starters. PS will do too, but I only use Photoshop to process my Leica RAWs.

Jul 25, 2014 at 04:57 PM
web52
• • •
p.1 #7 · p.1 #7 · Software

Depending on how much you want to give over to the software writer, you can use some plug-ins, or what I do for more control: I smudge-paint. First you remove the pixel-nature of the photo (smudge - different brushes have different effects) then you add back in brush-stroke nature to the picture (brush types is vital) by either straight painting, or dodging and burning. LOTS more work than just using a plugin.

Jul 27, 2014 at 01:02 PM

FM Forums | Digital Art, Smartphone & Abstract | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username       Or Reset password

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.