New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | Forum & Miscellaneous | Join Upload & Sell

3       end

Archive 2014 · SMS Notification alert

Jd3774life

Upload & Sell: Off
p.2 #1 · p.2 #1 · SMS Notification alert

Fred Miranda wrote:
Would that be something people really want?
I added the subject and sender to the txt alert. I thought about adding a little bit of the message (content) but it would have to be a teaser as there are limits on the amount of txt per SMS.
Fred

Adding a little bit of the message content would be extremely helpful in my opinion if possible! I would love that feature.

May 25, 2014 at 01:34 PM
Lee Saxon
• • • •
p.2 #2 · p.2 #2 · SMS Notification alert

Lee Saxon wrote:
This is a great idea! Including the CONTENT of PMs in the PM alerts would make this especially useful, I hope that's coming!

Fred Miranda wrote:
Would that be something people really want?
I added the subject and sender to the txt alert. I thought about adding a little bit of the message (content) but it would have to be a teaser as there are limits on the amount of txt per SMS.
Fred

I didn't think about character limits. I think Subject and Sender would be fine for the quick SMS alerts. I would really really love to see full message text in e-mail alerts, though.

May 25, 2014 at 04:10 PM
paulwasserman
• •
Upload & Sell: On
p.2 #3 · p.2 #3 · SMS Notification alert

The watchlist is a great new feature!

Once the basics are fully implemented, is there any chance:
- More than 3 keywords could be watched?
- Watches could include a maximum price?
- Watches could include a minimum condition?

Paul Wasserman

May 26, 2014 at 04:48 PM
MrMugman
• • •
p.2 #4 · p.2 #4 · SMS Notification alert

I don't seem to be receiving text message alerts. I input my phone number in the proper field, am I missing something?

May 28, 2014 at 02:31 AM
Elijah
• • • •
p.2 #5 · p.2 #5 · SMS Notification alert

I received a few messages VIA PM but only got a text message on my iPhone ONCE! Something's funky here... And I don't think the text came right away...

May 28, 2014 at 08:37 AM
Fred Miranda
Admin
p.2 #6 · p.2 #6 · SMS Notification alert

Iluxa007 wrote:
I received a few messages VIA PM but only got a text message on my iPhone ONCE! Something's funky here... And I don't think the text came right away...

Only messages from FM Members will send you an SMS alert.
PMs from the site or Watchlist currently don't.
Other alerts like Thread subscription and Watchlist are going to be added as SMS options as well.
Fred

May 28, 2014 at 10:46 AM
jcolwell
• • • • • • •
p.2 #7 · p.2 #7 · SMS Notification alert

It's been working fine for me. Maybe that's because I use a Samsung GN3.

May 28, 2014 at 04:30 PM
molson
• • • • • • •
p.2 #8 · p.2 #8 · SMS Notification alert

Not something I would ever use, since the email notifications show up on my phone at the same time anyway.

What I would REALLY like to see is a way to block PM's (and texts and emails) from people I add to my "Hide Me" folder.

Jun 01, 2014 at 09:15 AM
Prapanpong
• •
p.2 #9 · p.2 #9 · SMS Notification alert

Great. Thanks.

Jul 03, 2014 at 11:51 PM
NightPhoto
• •
p.2 #10 · p.2 #10 · SMS Notification alert

Hmm, sorry if this was covered already, but I'm not getting any SMS notification when I put in my cell number. I want this as when I list something to sell I want to be able to respond to PM's as fast as possible.

Oct 24, 2014 at 09:40 PM
Etherton
• • • •
p.2 #11 · p.2 #11 · SMS Notification alert

SMS used to work when I signed up but has since stopped. Checked my profile and everything looks right.

Nov 15, 2014 at 03:09 PM
lowa2
• • • •
p.2 #12 · p.2 #12 · SMS Notification alert

Stopped working for me as well but I just figured it was because Im Canadian and Fred was tired of paying for international text messaging

Dec 26, 2014 at 09:47 AM
Frank Kearney
• • •
p.2 #13 · p.2 #13 · SMS Notification alert

Got my first one last night. This is an excellent feature - thank you.

Apr 01, 2015 at 06:13 AM
Edward Castro
• • •
p.2 #14 · p.2 #14 · SMS Notification alert

Just out of curiosity, how secure is putting in our mobile numbers? The reason I ask this is because I've started to get a HUGE amount of phones calls from all over the US. These aren't telemarketers or scammers, but rather people that have called back saying some one called them from my number. The only place I've recently shared my phone number was here. It also took some time for text messages to come thru from here. But since Monday I've been getting at least 80 if not 100 phone calls, mostly from the east coast. It could just be a coincidence, but just want to give Fred a heads up just to double check stuff out.

I ended up having to change my phone number and kinda of worried on putting in my new number for SMS messages. I paid membership just for that feature really.

Aug 27, 2015 at 01:19 PM
kur1j

p.2 #15 · p.2 #15 · SMS Notification alert

Is this feature broken currently? It was working for a few days and I didn't change anything at all and now I'm not getting the text messages on my phone. It does appear in getting PMs but not texts to my phone.

Sep 05, 2015 at 09:04 PM
Pstockfisch

p.2 #16 · p.2 #16 · SMS Notification alert

I give up! I tried to find this option under Edit Profile and could not find anything that lets me add a watch list. It is not under notification nor under the profile so... where did you hide it?

Dec 17, 2015 at 09:55 AM
DanBrown
• • • •
p.2 #17 · p.2 #17 · SMS Notification alert

Pstockfisch wrote:
I give up! I tried to find this option under Edit Profile and could not find anything that lets me add a watch list. It is not under notification nor under the profile so... where did you hide it?

As indicated in the first post, this option is only available if you have the buy/sell membership option.

Dec 20, 2015 at 09:10 AM
drtaylor23
• •
p.2 #18 · p.2 #18 · SMS Notification alert

I don't get email or SMS alerts for my watchlist and email only for other PMs. Not going to spam or anything. Just no message whatsoever. Site pop up notification works fine though. Any ideas?

Sep 01, 2016 at 07:33 PM
thait84
• •
p.2 #19 · p.2 #19 · SMS Notification alert

drtaylor23 wrote:
I don't get email or SMS alerts for my watchlist and email only for other PMs. Not going to spam or anything. Just no message whatsoever. Site pop up notification works fine though. Any ideas?

I have the same issue. No email or SMS notifications. Regular PMs I get the email notification though.

Sep 04, 2016 at 01:08 PM
eleazar123

p.2 #20 · p.2 #20 · SMS Notification alert

I just signed up for the SMS notifications as well and they don't seem to be working for me either I receive the PM e-mail, but no text message ever comes through.

Oct 03, 2016 at 10:45 AM
       3       end

FM Forums | Forum & Miscellaneous | Join Upload & Sell

3       end

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username       Or Reset password

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.