Home · Register · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username  

New fredmiranda.com Mobile Site
  New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | Canon Forum | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2014 · Canon lenses on Fuji X bodies. Hopefully soon.

bbvaj
• •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · Canon lenses on Fuji X bodies. Hopefully soon.

New rumor is that canon may give up EOS M line and partner with Fuji… may be not a bad idea… given the lack of competent sensor tech at the moment.

http://www.canonrumors.com/2014/05/fuji-canon-partnership-for-mirrorless-in-the-works-cr1/

Reading between the lines, I have a feeling (wild speculation) an upcoming fuji x-series full frame will have access to full canon lens lineup. If it were just APS-C i do not really see the need for fuji to partner with canon, given they already have enough great lenses.

What do you guys feel about it?

May 23, 2014 at 09:57 AM
chez
• • • • • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · Canon lenses on Fuji X bodies. Hopefully soon.

If you can't beat them...join them. I don't see what Canon will bring to this party. Fuji is doing very well with it's own Mirrorless lens lineup.

May 23, 2014 at 10:10 AM
galenapass
• • • • •
p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · Canon lenses on Fuji X bodies. Hopefully soon.

I guess you have to ask yourself "what is driving mirrorless sales". From what I see on this forum, and others, is that most people like the idea of downsizing while not giving up that much IQ. The Fuji system is ideal because it has an APS-C sized sensor, good ISO performance and fantastic lenses (although not as many as Canon). Mirrorless with large Canon lenses? What's the point, why not just use Canon? Now, if it's a 50 MP mirrorless then that is a different story, similar to the A7r story which has been apparently quite successful.

I guess we will see, but I am more skeptical of this rumor than the 7DII rumor.

Edit - I might add that mirrorless as a segment of cameras is really looking very interesting these days. I sold one of my 5DIIs and bought a Fuji X-E2 + lenses. What a great move, I couldn't be happier. I love the convenience of a smaller system and I have not given up much IQ. In fact, for pushing shadows and overall DN, I have gained a lot. Moreover, I can buy top quality Fuji primes and zooms at a faction of what Canon is charging. For sports and wildlife I still need my Canon gear, but for everything else, and especially travel, Fuji is a great way to go.

Edited on May 23, 2014 at 10:31 AM · View previous versions

May 23, 2014 at 10:21 AM
ben egbert
• • • • • •
p.1 #4 · p.1 #4 · Canon lenses on Fuji X bodies. Hopefully soon.

For landscapes, who needs a mirror? But you do need UWA lenses and perhaps TSE lenses. At least I do.

My EOSM is pretty good as a back up and makes good landscapes when UWA is not required. I seldom use the viewfinder on a tripod.

A 50mp full frame mirrorless would be really nice, but it has to have DR. The DR is more important than the resolution.

May 23, 2014 at 10:31 AM
snapsy
• • • • • •
p.1 #5 · p.1 #5 · Canon lenses on Fuji X bodies. Hopefully soon.

For my particular preferences this is not a very complementary match - Fuji already has great lenses and I prefer Bayer sensors over Fuji x-trans.

May 23, 2014 at 10:33 AM
galenapass
• • • • •
p.1 #6 · p.1 #6 · Canon lenses on Fuji X bodies. Hopefully soon.

Have you seen the rumor that Fuji is teaming up with Sony for a 50MP fixed lens camera? If true that would have many people very excited and would most likely have the DR you are talking about.

http://www.mirrorlessrumors.com/fuji-will-use-sony-s-50-megapixel-sensor-to-launch-a-medium-format-and-fixed-lens-camera-this-summer

May 23, 2014 at 10:35 AM
curious80
• • • •
p.1 #7 · p.1 #7 · Canon lenses on Fuji X bodies. Hopefully soon.

Canon and Fuji are so drastically opposite to each other in their product philosophy that I just can't imagine this happening.

May 23, 2014 at 10:48 AM
Dave McGaughey
• • •
p.1 #8 · p.1 #8 · Canon lenses on Fuji X bodies. Hopefully soon.

This doesn't make much sense. Why would Fuji encourage Canon to make lenses for their system? Lenses are where much of the profit is. Fuji has stated in the past that they are happy that Sigma hasn't bothered to make Fuji X lenses. What does Canon get out of this? Mass confusion? You have to buy a Fuji body to use these weird Canon lenses that don't work on your Rebel? What's up with that?

May 23, 2014 at 10:49 AM
galenapass
• • • • •
p.1 #9 · p.1 #9 · Canon lenses on Fuji X bodies. Hopefully soon.

Dave McGaughey wrote:
This doesn't make much sense. Why would Fuji encourage Canon to make lenses for their system? Lenses are where much of the profit is. Fuji has stated in the past that they are happy that Sigma hasn't bothered to make Fuji X lenses. What does Canon get out of this? Mass confusion? You have to buy a Fuji body to use these weird Canon lenses that don't work on your Rebel? What's up with that?

Put that way it does not make much sense. But then again, did it make sense to no longer support 1.3x crop?

May 23, 2014 at 10:58 AM
jcolwell
• • • • • • •
p.1 #10 · p.1 #10 · Canon lenses on Fuji X bodies. Hopefully soon.

Interesting possibility. I'm already a user of both Canon EOS and Fuji X. It would be nice to use my 70-200/4L IS on my X-E2 (with an adapter that enables AF, auto-aperture, and IS) - it blows the doors off my 55-200 R OIS.

May 23, 2014 at 11:17 AM
johnctharp
• • • • •
p.1 #11 · p.1 #11 · Canon lenses on Fuji X bodies. Hopefully soon.

If Canon is going to source their bodies from Fuji, who sources their sensors from Sony, why not just buy sensors from Sony?

Give me a6000 IQ and AF behind my EF-M lenses (that humiliate Sony's) and adapted Canon glass, and put it in a true semi-pro body with an integrated EVF like Canon built for the G1X II, and I'll be happy .

May 23, 2014 at 02:02 PM

FM Forums | Canon Forum | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username       Or Reset password

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.