New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | Lighting & Studio Techniques | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2014 · Question re Phottix Odin and Phottix Multi Strato

graham_martin
• • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · Question re Phottix Odin and Phottix Multi Strato

I have the regular strato transmitter and two strato triggers but am thinking about upgrading to the Odin transmitter but keeping the strato triggers. I understand that this combo won't give me TTL. My question is whether buying the Odin would offer me any benefits over the Strato trigger?

May 22, 2014 at 08:15 PM
egd5
• • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · Question re Phottix Odin and Phottix Multi Strato

Is it the stratto II? They can be used with the odin. I'm not sure about the original stratto. The advantage of the odin is it gives you control at the camera over the power of the remote flashes. Think of it as the same as an su-800 but only using radio control instead of only optical.
ETA- sorry I never replied to your other thread, I haven't checked in here in a while. I've got a new vehicle and been spending time on the car forum checking out mods for it.

May 25, 2014 at 06:14 PM
graham_martin
• • • •
p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · Question re Phottix Odin and Phottix Multi Strato

I have the Strato ll multi. So are you saying that the Odin transmitter can be used with the Strato ll multi to change the power in the flash? If so then that would be a real improvement over having to lower the light stand to change power.

May 25, 2014 at 08:09 PM
egd5
• • •
p.1 #4 · p.1 #4 · Question re Phottix Odin and Phottix Multi Strato

Yes, but only in manual mode. If you wanted ttl then you would need odin receivers for that. You can have a mix of odin and stratto receivers and have ttl on the odin receivers and manual on the strattos. You'd just put them in different groups.

May 25, 2014 at 08:19 PM
egd5
• • •
p.1 #5 · p.1 #5 · Question re Phottix Odin and Phottix Multi Strato

Check out a website called flashhavoc.com You'll have to scroll back but there's reviews on everything there. Almost any kind of flash item you could want.

May 25, 2014 at 08:23 PM
graham_martin
• • • •
p.1 #6 · p.1 #6 · Question re Phottix Odin and Phottix Multi Strato

I have the Strato ll multi. So are you saying that the Odin transmitter can be used with the Strato ll multi to change the power in the flash? If so then that would be a real improvement over having to lower the light stand to change power.

May 25, 2014 at 08:42 PM
egd5
• • •
p.1 #7 · p.1 #7 · Question re Phottix Odin and Phottix Multi Strato

Did you copy and paste wrong thing?? but to answer again, yes.

May 25, 2014 at 08:52 PM
graham_martin
• • • •
p.1 #8 · p.1 #8 · Question re Phottix Odin and Phottix Multi Strato

I must have hit the send reply button twice. Oops.

May 25, 2014 at 09:44 PM

FM Forums | Lighting & Studio Techniques | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username       Or Reset password

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.