FM Forums | Landscape Photographer | Join Upload & Sell

end

Archive 2014 · The Rising

wswartzwel
• •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.2 #1 · p.2 #1 · The Rising

Scott,
When I look at this, I see a huge dog headed gargoyle… with a black stripe over the eye. The head is in the middle, with the two large branches being the arms/wings outstretched. Very creepy.
The way you processed it with dark tones and shadows, really helps push that eerie mood. Very artistic, and skillful work here. Hope I don't have nightmares.

I would like it better with about half as much of the grass on the bottom though, as my eyes bounce back and forth from the grass to the tree, perhaps just a little crop off the bottom.

May 28, 2014 at 08:03 AM
Scott Kroeker
• • • • •
p.2 #2 · p.2 #2 · The Rising

JimFox wrote:
Thats an odd comment Kee, what other words do you think Scott wants to hear? I believe he would just want to know how people are impacted by the shot and if there were any suggestions. Your question seems really odd...

Jim

Jim, if the comment was sincere then I could understand but based her track record here I am inclined to believe the comment was rather derogatory so I am just going to ignore it. No skin off my teeth.

wswartzwel wrote:
Scott,
When I look at this, I see a huge dog headed gargoyle… with a black stripe over the eye. The head is in the middle, with the two large branches being the arms/wings outstretched. Very creepy.
The way you processed it with dark tones and shadows, really helps push that eerie mood. Very artistic, and skillful work here. Hope I don't have nightmares.

I would like it better with about half as much of the grass on the bottom though, as my eyes bounce back and forth from the grass
...Show more

Thank you Bill for you comment and feedback. To be honest, cropping it would crop off the bottom of the trees on the left and that I wouldn't like. If I were to crop it would be so little as to keep the "bottom" of the hill/grass anchored in the corner that it wouldn't make much difference to what it is now. It really was a challenging subject to shoot due to the setting it was in. I plan to go back in winter and try from lower on the hill and a longer lens.

May 28, 2014 at 11:43 AM
wswartzwel
• •
p.2 #3 · p.2 #3 · The Rising

Looking back at the image and scrolling the bottom off the screen I see what you mean about losing the trees.

May 28, 2014 at 11:52 AM
CW100
• • • • •
p.2 #4 · p.2 #4 · The Rising

good silhouette

May 29, 2014 at 07:33 AM
nburwell
• • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.2 #5 · p.2 #5 · The Rising

Fred Miranda wrote:
Great detail on that shaded branch Scott. The light is special.

I have to agree with Fred here. There really is something special about that light. Excellent work, Scott!

-Nick

May 29, 2014 at 10:06 AM
Ed Swift
• • •
p.2 #6 · p.2 #6 · The Rising

Thats a very cool tree and shot Scott.

May 29, 2014 at 05:04 PM
Fred Meebley
• •
p.2 #7 · p.2 #7 · The Rising

That old tree looks like a real survivor. You did it justice with the light. Nice job.

May 30, 2014 at 12:11 AM
       end

FM Forums | Landscape Photographer | Join Upload & Sell

end

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username       Or Reset password

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.