Who have thought this:

http://jeremycowart.com/2014/05/now-shooting-bridal-portraits/

heiko

May 22, 2014 at 07:11 PM
hardlyboring
• • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · Jeremy Coward doing bridal shootings now

hmm.. cool stuff but I would take these more as model shoots.
I know a lot of forward thinking people and can only count maybe 2 that would actually want bridal portraits like that.

Not to say they are not good but ya...

May 22, 2014 at 07:19 PM
sgtbueno
• • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · Jeremy Coward doing bridal shootings now

Yeah, not too many brides will like something like that.

May 22, 2014 at 07:52 PM
ai3x
• • • •
p.1 #4 · p.1 #4 · Jeremy Coward doing bridal shootings now

I have to admit I really don't like most of them either. Most look OOF or with poor exposure. Some are good but generally not my bag. I normally quite like his work.

May 22, 2014 at 09:06 PM
Tony Hoffer
• • • • •
p.1 #5 · p.1 #5 · Jeremy Coward doing bridal shootings now

Y'all be crazy.

May 22, 2014 at 09:10 PM
jcolman
• • • • •
p.1 #6 · p.1 #6 · Jeremy Coward doing bridal shootings now

His work is quite different. Something some brides may want. Not my cup of tea but I respect his creativity.

May 22, 2014 at 09:12 PM
D. Diggler
• • • • •
p.1 #7 · p.1 #7 · Jeremy Coward doing bridal shootings now

heikoM wrote:
jeremy cowart now shooting bridal portraits

Who? Never heard of.

May 23, 2014 at 12:11 AM
Prettym1k3
• • • •
p.1 #8 · p.1 #8 · Jeremy Coward doing bridal shootings now

I love Jeremy Cowart.

But I see nothing that was cut off below the knee. I see no real focus on a bride, but mostly a focus on the model, hair, and make-up.

Editorial for sure. Fashion and bridal magazines will eat this up. But for the every-bride? No way. It's lacking detail in the things that brides put thought into.

May 23, 2014 at 11:17 AM
Mark_L
• • • • •
p.1 #9 · p.1 #9 · Jeremy Coward doing bridal shootings now

Prettym1k3 wrote:
I love Jeremy Cowart.

But I see nothing that was cut off below the knee. I see no real focus on a bride, but mostly a focus on the model, hair, and make-up.

Editorial for sure. Fashion and bridal magazines will eat this up. But for the every-bride? No way. It's lacking detail in the things that brides put thought into.

I don't know, looks a bit like Sue Bryce inspired bridal stuff.

May 23, 2014 at 11:36 AM
ricardovaste
• • • •
p.1 #10 · p.1 #10 · Jeremy Coward doing bridal shootings now

I can't say I know who that is anyway. Who is he? Should I know? Wait I can't know him anyway, I can't look at his work as I don't look at other wedding photographers work. And who are you whilst we're at it?

May 23, 2014 at 12:14 PM
dgleason
• •
p.1 #11 · p.1 #11 · Jeremy Coward doing bridal shootings now

He's just providing examples of the style his bridal portaits might take on to try and attract some clients. I'm sure that when he's shooting for an actual bride he'll do his thing, but also aim to please the bride with a little variety, full length shots etc.. I dig it. I could see a lot of rock star brides doing these.. and after all, he mostly shoots rock stars anyway

May 23, 2014 at 12:27 PM
sboerup
• • • • •
p.1 #12 · p.1 #12 · Jeremy Coward doing bridal shootings now

Whoever said that bridal portraits need to be like everyone else? The caliber of this execution and creativity is beyond anyone I know here. I think most wedding photographers are in a bubble when it comes to stylistic preferences that brides want. Thats not to say he's going to be successful (financially) while offering this type of creative work, but its sure different and refreshing to see.

I have a suspicion though (based on rumors I've heard from others that know him and/or worked with him) is that his studio wasn't doing very well, and he's had to branch out to other creative work to pay the bills. He's a very high profile shooter and I wonder what has happened to that market.

May 23, 2014 at 02:09 PM
LeeSimms
• • • •
p.1 #13 · p.1 #13 · Jeremy Coward doing bridal shootings now

I know a lot of forward thinking people and can only count maybe 2 that would actually want bridal portraits like that

Where do you shoot? West Virginia?

I think half of my brides would kill to look this distinctive and seductive.

May 23, 2014 at 02:35 PM
DigMeTX
• • •
p.1 #14 · p.1 #14 · Jeremy Coward doing bridal shootings now

I think his work is awesome.

brad

May 23, 2014 at 02:39 PM
TrailboyWales

p.1 #15 · p.1 #15 · Jeremy Coward doing bridal shootings now

Only one shot says 'bride' to me, otherwise they are portraits.

They all seem gleaned from his editorial portfolio.

May 23, 2014 at 03:11 PM
sgtbueno
• • •
p.1 #16 · p.1 #16 · Jeremy Coward doing bridal shootings now

LeeSimms wrote:
I know a lot of forward thinking people and can only count maybe 2 that would actually want bridal portraits like that

Where do you shoot? West Virginia?

I think half of my brides would kill to look this distinctive and seductive.

Really? a bridal portrait in underwear? I want to know how many REAL brides want that type of work, 1 out of 1,000

May 23, 2014 at 07:34 PM
LeeSimms
• • • •
p.1 #17 · p.1 #17 · Jeremy Coward doing bridal shootings now

Well, I had a bride this year that wanted a racy shoot the day of her wedding — with dress. i got her to move into the week before.

I've had a feeling that super bridals are the next wave.

May 23, 2014 at 07:40 PM
heikoM
• • • •
p.1 #18 · p.1 #18 · Jeremy Coward doing bridal shootings now

sgtbueno wrote:
Really? a bridal portrait in underwear? I want to know how many REAL brides want that type of work, 1 out of 1,000

One bride out of thousand, wait, how many weddings are there in the states, each year? About 2.5 millions. Then you still have 2.500 potential clients, donīt you (0:

just kidding,

heiko

May 24, 2014 at 01:14 AM
DigMeTX
• • •
p.1 #19 · p.1 #19 · Jeremy Coward doing bridal shootings now

heikoM wrote:
One bride out of thousand, wait, how many weddings are there in the states, each year? About 2.5 millions. Then you still have 2.500 potential clients, donīt you (0:

just kidding,

heiko

The point is important to this whole discussion though. People are saying all kinds of stupid stuck-in-the-box stuff about why this is a bad idea. Of course his style is far off the beaten path for a bridal shoot and of course Cowart is completely aware of this but like you said - there are a lot of weddings in the country and there will be the occasional bride who would love to have bridals that look like they're out of a fashion mag shot by the guy who shoots Hayden Panettiere/Kelly Clarkson/Sting/Taylor Swift/Whoeverelsefloatsyourboat. I'm pretty sure Cowart is not trying to get into making his living off bridal shoots but he's throwing it out there for the occasional interested bride. Sounds like he wants to do it for fun more than anything honestly. I doubt he needs the bridal work.

brad

May 24, 2014 at 10:09 AM
sherijohnson
• • • •
p.1 #20 · p.1 #20 · Jeremy Coward doing bridal shootings now

I first wondered if the misspelling of his name was intentional in the title....

I heard about this first from jc himself and after taking a peek, I myself would love to do this kind of a shoot with him.... or even with someone from here. Last time I tried my dress was not fitting yet, but if it did, I so want to do some photos.... OR if the dress never fits, get another one and do some creative shots

May 24, 2014 at 10:23 AM
       2       end

FM Forums | Wedding Photographer | Join Upload & Sell

2       end

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username       Or Reset password

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.