FM Forum Rules
Landscape Posting Guidelines

FM Forums | Landscape Photographer | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2014 · Green Dragon

zeelichsheng
• •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · Green Dragon

I ignored the infamous Thor's Well but chose this small beach for the sunset. No spectacular light, but still an interesting image.

May 22, 2014 at 12:49 PM
JimFox
• • • • • • •
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · Green Dragon

I really like your composition, very creative, and a good eye to catch that. I think the sky though has been pushed too much, the blue in the clouds doesn't seem natural. I would suggest to cut back on the blue in the sky a bit, get it a back towards gray, and just let the cool foreground carry this shot.

Jim

May 22, 2014 at 01:09 PM
Blakemore
• • •
p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · Green Dragon

Love it. I'm a huge fan of blues and greens together. I like the sky the way it is. But I'm not one to be concerned with what is natural. I guess I lean more on the end of creating artwork I enjoy, not documenting reality. Great job!

May 22, 2014 at 01:19 PM
zeelichsheng
• •
p.1 #4 · p.1 #4 · Green Dragon

Thanks for your comments. I'll make some adjustment to the sky.

Jim, I think I compensated a little more for the sky. But it was actually that BLUE about 30 minutes after this shot, when it was almost dark. I think I just blended the two scenes in my mind

May 22, 2014 at 01:31 PM
elitefroggy
• •
p.1 #5 · p.1 #5 · Green Dragon

Very nice shot and composition on this one. I agree with Jim though about the color of blue and the overall blueness of them doesn't look natural to me either. Grayer would be better IMHO. Dave

May 22, 2014 at 08:55 PM

FM Forums | Landscape Photographer | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username       Or Reset password

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.