New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | Lighting & Studio Techniques | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2014 · Odin and Phottix Strato II Multi 5-in-1 Triggers

graham_martin
• • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · Odin and Phottix Strato II Multi 5-in-1 Triggers

If I buy the Odin transmitter will it have complete functionality with my Strato II Multi triggers? The Phottix website says that it is compatible with the Strato II units, but it doesn't elaborate beyond that. I just don't want to buy it and find that some of the Odin functions don't work. I would be using it with two Nikon SB800s.

May 21, 2014 at 08:29 PM
egd5
• • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · Odin and Phottix Strato II Multi 5-in-1 Triggers

With the strattosII receivers you will have manual flash only. No ttl.
ETA-you might want to take a look at the Mitros + flash. It has the odin transmitter (and receiver and strattos receiver) all built into it. If you already have strattos receivers then you could use the Mitros+ flash to trigger the other two sb800 units. Manual only though. If you wanted ttl you'd have to get odin receivers.

May 21, 2014 at 09:03 PM
graham_martin
• • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · Odin and Phottix Strato II Multi 5-in-1 Triggers

That's a bit of a bummer. So, is there any advantage to using the Odin as opposed to my existing Phottix Strato transmitter?

May 21, 2014 at 09:09 PM
Nathan Padgett
• • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #4 · p.1 #4 · Odin and Phottix Strato II Multi 5-in-1 Triggers

graham_martin wrote:
That's a bit of a bummer. So, is there any advantage to using the Odin as opposed to my existing Phottix Strato transmitter?

Not really. It's functionality with the Stratos II recievers is a bonus. For full TTL and manual control from the Odin transmitter you need the Odin receivers (or a Mitros +).

May 27, 2014 at 03:23 PM

FM Forums | Lighting & Studio Techniques | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username       Or Reset password

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.