New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | Leica & Alternative Gear | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2014 · Help! Stuck Adapter

james2441139
• •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · Help! Stuck Adapter

I recently bought a Vivitar 90/2.5 Nikon AI mount to use with my NEX. I bought a Fotga Nikon-NEX adapter from eBay. I mounted the lens but now cannot unmount the adapter I know Nikon turns clockwise to unmount. I am rotating it clockwise while pushing the little tab on the side of the adapter downwards, doesn't seem to do anything. Is there anything else that I am missing?

May 21, 2014 at 03:51 PM
mcbroomf
• • • • •
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · Help! Stuck Adapter

I have found on a couple of adapters that the tabs don't always disengage the locking mechanism properly. I fought one over the weekend that was stuck (C/Y-Nex) and had to use pliers. Serious and repeated pushing and wiggling seemed to be my only recourse. I eventually got it off by pushing (with the pliers) on the base of the knob rather than at the top as the pin coming out was a little bent. I'm not sure that will help with the tab style on a Nikon though. You could try a very small dab of alcohol if you think it's jammed (or just drink it)....

May 21, 2014 at 06:06 PM
jcolwell
• • • • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · Help! Stuck Adapter

mcbroomf wrote:
... (or just drink it)....

May 21, 2014 at 06:08 PM
mcbroomf
• • • • •
p.1 #4 · p.1 #4 · Help! Stuck Adapter

I learned from last time when I described Iso Propyl Alcohol as IPA
and we call it ISO at work which might also be confusing in the photography world ...

May 21, 2014 at 06:22 PM
freaklikeme
• • • • • •
p.1 #5 · p.1 #5 · Help! Stuck Adapter

You might want to try wiggling the lens back and forth a bit while pushing in the lens release. Sometimes the locking pins just need some encouragement to retract.

May 21, 2014 at 06:23 PM
LightShow
• • • • •
p.1 #6 · p.1 #6 · Help! Stuck Adapter

james2441139 wrote:
I recently bought a Vivitar 90/2.5 Nikon AI mount to use with my NEX. I bought a Fotga Nikon-NEX adapter from eBay. I mounted the lens but now cannot unmount the adapter I know Nikon turns clockwise to unmount. I am rotating it clockwise while pushing the little tab on the side of the adapter downwards, doesn't seem to do anything. Is there anything else that I am missing?

I had an Adaptall lens in Nikon mount get stuck to an EF adapter, the Adatall mount was aftermarket, I had to take it home to separate them, I had to push the release while turning CCW then change directions while still pushing the release to remove it.

May 22, 2014 at 07:32 PM

FM Forums | Leica & Alternative Gear | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username       Or Reset password

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.