Home · Register · Search · View Winners · Software · Hosting · Software · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username   Password

New fredmiranda.com Mobile Site
  New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | Lighting & Studio Techniques | Join Upload & Sell

Adjusting Godox/Cheetah AD-360 power level with Phottix Odin

jeinovaa

Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #1 · Adjusting Godox/Cheetah AD-360 power level with Phottix Odin

I just bought the Godox (Cheetah) barebulb flash and tried to adjust the power level with the Odin kit. The flash fires fine but I can't adjust the power level remotely. Did I misunderstand that I could remotely control the power level of the flash from the Odin transmitter?

May 21, 2014 at 06:56 AM
nixland
• • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #2 · Adjusting Godox/Cheetah AD-360 power level with Phottix Odin

Yes, the Odin can not be used to control the power of the Godox AD flash.
To control the power of the Godox remotely you need the Godox FT16 wireless trigger and receiver.

May 21, 2014 at 10:24 AM
Cableaddict
• • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #3 · Adjusting Godox/Cheetah AD-360 power level with Phottix Odin

This is the one major Failing of the Godox / Cheetah CL's. If they had a really good wireless controller system, then they'd be a no-brainer.

they are some rumors that a new model will be released Sometime this year, with a built-in Odin-type receiver. Of course, it's "just" a rumor, but from connected people, so most likely true. The only question is when.

I'm not investing until I see something like this. - fingers crossed that they'll also incorporate TTL, which would be very smart since the main market for these flashes is probably event photographers.

Jun 07, 2014 at 06:39 PM

FM Forums | Lighting & Studio Techniques | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username   Password    Retrive password