FM Forum Rules
Landscape Posting Guidelines

FM Forums | Landscape Photographer | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2014 · Corona Del Mar Beach

puckman
• •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · Corona Del Mar Beach

Some older stuff (shot earlier this year). Since I'm new here, I'll share some older material first.

C&C always welcome.

May 20, 2014 at 04:33 PM
JimFox
• • • • • • •
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · Corona Del Mar Beach

Some nicely lit shots. Too bad there wasn't any clouds. In #2, the sky doesn't really look right. It's pretty dark on the upper left, but it too quickly tapers to a very light cyan. I would even the sky out in it. In #1, I am not a big fan of shooting at an angle where you have just a corner with sand in a composition.

Why didn't you wait until the sun was setting and get the sun or a sunstar in the shot?

Jim

May 20, 2014 at 05:32 PM
puckman
• •
p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · Corona Del Mar Beach

I did. I'll post those soon. These were right before the sunset.
The sun was setting on the opposite end of the beach, where there were no rock, so it made for a less interesting shot, IMO.

May 21, 2014 at 11:14 AM
nismoxr34
• • •
p.1 #4 · p.1 #4 · Corona Del Mar Beach

nice lighting here. I tried to shoot here once as well and it was really hard to find the exact composition I liked. I definitely like the look of the second image better then the first.

May 21, 2014 at 03:05 PM
JimFox
• • • • • • •
p.1 #5 · p.1 #5 · Corona Del Mar Beach

Shooting towards the sun was less interesting because you were on the wrong part of the beach...

That is one of my favorite locations to shoot, and the real action is in the area called Little Corona. When you are on Ocean Blvd instead of going north to Corona Del proper, simply drive south, find some parking and walk down the pathway to the southern most end. The Arch is there, and a ton more opportunities for shots.

Jim

May 21, 2014 at 03:26 PM

FM Forums | Landscape Photographer | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username       Or Reset password

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.