New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | General Gear-talk | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2014 · Beattie Gemini 645 Long-Roll System

Mike Letour
• •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · Beattie Gemini 645 Long-Roll System

I do a lot of buying and selling on the big auction site to support my gear habit. Today, in a local thrift store, I found this Gemini Long Roll Preview camera:

screen capture freeware

The whole setup was in three cases, and included the camera, film back, the lens, a CRT monitor, and a Betamax-looking deck (I assume for the video capture). The shop wanted $150 for the whole setup. I broke out the camera, the lens (a Pentax SMCP-A 645 80-160 4.5), and the film back (shown), and offered $75. I figure the lens alone is worth the price, assuming the rest of this is a boat anchor. So is it, or is there any value to the film back and camera? Usually, I'll throw obsolete stuff on auction knowing there is some guy in Upper Turkmenakazakistsan who still uses it, but this beast is waaay too heavy to ship overseas for a decent price. So, if I don't think I can sell it domestically, my trash guy will get the next shot at it.

Usually, I can find out anything about anything with good old Google, but information is really sketchy on this camera. Someone impress me with their expansive knowledge of this system

Thanks.

May 19, 2014 at 05:25 PM

FM Forums | General Gear-talk | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username       Or Reset password

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.