FM Forum Rules
Macro World Resource

FM Forums | Macro & Still Life | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2014 · A tale of two whips, or a whip of two tails

e6filmuser
• • • • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · A tale of two whips, or a whip of two tails

Thanks to the enlightenment in the recent post by Constable, when I approached our shed door this morning a tiny insect (ca 8mm long) drew closer inspection. It was running up the plastic wall of the shed in morning sunshine. (Yes, it does look like very milky chocolate with a dried syrup drizzle streaked down it ).

Even with the naked eye, it was clearly recognisable. As always on these occasions, my camera and lenses were packed away for a field trip. To my surprise, having assembled my lens, TC and extension, the bug was still there but moving around quite rapidly, mainly upwards. I set the Printing Nikkor 105mm lens to f8 for the first shot, for theoretical better resolution, and then back to f11 for more DOF.

My wrangling technique let me down after three shots and the bug dropped into a cobweb. I rescue it but it jumped about a meter sideways and out of sight.

Anyway, thanks to Ed, I recognised the opportunity for a subject new to me. This one lacked the deep sun tan of Eds' bug. I like the blue of the whip, which reminds me of the pale blue of very deep fresh water. I have no idea as to the species or even genus.

I have left the images a little softer than I might have done.

Harold

© Harold Gough 2014

May 19, 2014 at 03:30 AM
Jonathan Huynh
• • • • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · A tale of two whips, or a whip of two tails

A little bit soft but nice.

May 20, 2014 at 10:19 PM

FM Forums | Macro & Still Life | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username       Or Reset password

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.