New fredmiranda.com Mobile Site
  New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | Canon Forum | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2014 · Internal LED brightness - got new glasses

2Ropes

Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · Internal LED brightness - got new glasses

Interesting finding that at the same time I was getting my new 7D I was getting new glasses, so replacing my old 30D and 3yr old transition lens glasses at the same time. With my transition lenses I was unable to see the indicators within the viewfinder of my 30D so I purchased a pair of glasses without the transition coating and they worked well. My glasses deal was a BOGO so I also got a pair made up with the transition lens in them and today I forgot to take the clear set with me taking pictures at two soccer games. With the 7D I had no problem seeing the viewfinder indicator lights with the transition lens. Why would it be different with the 30D?

May 18, 2014 at 04:18 PM
Monito
• • • • • •
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · Internal LED brightness - got new glasses

Viewfinders and their indicator LEDs are arranged to present the whole field at a single apparent distance. That's why progressives don't work so well with them. That "distance" is adjustable with the diopter control on the viewfinder.

It could be that the 7D put the indicators into a region of the progressive lenses where the transition was not so great as in whatever region the 30D put them.

May 18, 2014 at 04:47 PM
2Ropes

p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · Internal LED brightness - got new glasses

I'll have to do some testing with my new glasses and see if I can narrow it down. Yesterday when I went out to my daughters soccer games with my dark (transition) glasses on was the first I realized a difference. I do often have issues with the progressive bifocal aspect of my glasses too, as you have to be using the very bottom of the lenses to view through that part of my glasses. Find myself holding my head tilted back to see! Growing old has it's issues, but at least I'm here to grow old!

May 19, 2014 at 08:59 AM
TrojanHorse
• • • •
p.1 #4 · p.1 #4 · Internal LED brightness - got new glasses

I'm still fighting with my 6D over the location of all the indicators - they are on the side and very easy to read on my 1d3, they're on the bottom and difficult to make out in the 6D. I have the same problem with needing reading glasses too. Ugh!

May 19, 2014 at 12:29 PM

FM Forums | Canon Forum | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username       Or Reset password

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.