gbuktenica

Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · Need a new bag

I currently have the following gear:
16 - 35 f2.8
24 - 105 f4
70 - 200 f2.8 IS
550ex
I have been carting all of this around in a lowepro mini treaker for a number of years. I have now added a 1DX and a Sony VAIO laptop. Dragging all of this through airports is killing me and my back. Any suggestions for a bag upgrade that is good for carry on luggage and / or treaking?

May 18, 2014 at 04:50 AM
dmahar
• •
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · Need a new bag

If you do trekking rather than urban stuff then I can strongly recommend the lowepro aw trekker pro 300. It is very versatile In terms of what it can carry and how you can set it up. I have never had any problems with airline carry-on and it has a very good harness system for long hikes.

May 18, 2014 at 07:16 AM
dhachey
• • •
p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · Need a new bag

OK, I travel a lot and typically take about 35 lbs (15 Kg) of gear. Not a lot of fun, but necessary. I put most of the stuff in a airline compliant locking roller bag from Thinktank, and carry some critical stuff in a smaller backpack like the ThinkTank Streetwalker. When out hiking I use the smaller bag and take only the stuff I expect to need for the day. I rarely carry the laptop when out shooting, but use it at night to cull and store images when back in the room or tent. Hope this helps.

BTW, I'm no spring chicken, but the exercise and workout is good for me. Splitting the load is the easiest approach.

May 18, 2014 at 09:09 AM
Dragonfire
• • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #4 · p.1 #4 · Need a new bag

LowePro Omni Trekker - https://www.fredmiranda.com/forum/topic/1284774/

May 18, 2014 at 05:40 PM
bjornssh
• •
p.1 #5 · p.1 #5 · Need a new bag

Check: http://www.cambags.com/

Steve

May 18, 2014 at 06:12 PM

FM Forums | Canon Forum | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username       Or Reset password

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.