New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | Sony Forum | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2014 · question about autofocus on A7R

alexands
• •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · question about autofocus on A7R

I apologize if this has been answered already but I am not finding it spelled out. Using an FE lens, if I autofocus but want to confirm focus, there seem to be two choices: 1. turn the lens...but the act of turning it throws the focus off that the autofocus achieved and so I have to manually focus again (I would like to just confirm that the autofocus got it) or 2. Switch to manual focus after autofocusing and then use one of the buttons to zoom in to confirm autofocus. The problem I have here, is that the focus box used in manual focus is usually not in the same place where I autofocused and so I have to move it to that place. Is there anyway to just quickly confirm that the autofocus nailed it?

Thanks!

May 17, 2014 at 08:24 PM
ken.vs.ryu
• • • •
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · question about autofocus on A7R

The green box and dot means focus is achieved. You can also have it beep.

http://sonyalphanex.blogspot.com/2013/10/sony-a7r-eye-af-in-action.html

May 17, 2014 at 10:39 PM
alexands
• •
p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · question about autofocus on A7R

Thank ken.vs.ryu. The problem is that sometimes at narrow depth of fields, the autofocus gives a confirmation but it has not necessarily focused on exactly the spot I want it to. I want to be able to double check the focus without actually changing the focus (If I leave it on autofocus and turn the lens to activate a magnified view it changes the focus)

What I want to know is the following: If I begin by autofocusing (on an FE lens) and then turn autofocus off but use the manual focus magnifier box to double check focus, is there is a way to configure the camera so that the magnifier box shows up at the previous autofocus point ? (so I don't have to move it around)

May 18, 2014 at 11:56 AM
alexands
• •
p.1 #4 · p.1 #4 · question about autofocus on A7R

The other alternative would be if there is a different way to activate the magnified view while in autofocus (other than turning the lens). I don't think there is, unless I am missing something...if I map a button to the magnifier, when I press the button, it says that the operation is not available in DMF mode.

May 18, 2014 at 12:10 PM
killersnowman
• • • •
p.1 #5 · p.1 #5 · question about autofocus on A7R

Yea i think you know the answer to your question but don't like the answer. Unfortunately the zoomed in focus confirm mode is unavailable when the lens is in auto focus. So the only way that i see is to turn the lens to manual focus and then zoom in. Not the best solution, but it will work.

May 18, 2014 at 01:00 PM
alexands
• •
p.1 #6 · p.1 #6 · question about autofocus on A7R

The zoomed in focus confirm mode is not available in either of the autofocus modes but it is in DMF mode which incorporates both autofocus and manual focus. I just wish zooming in could be triggered by a button press instead of having to turn the lens as this throws off whatever the autofocus has already achieved.

May 18, 2014 at 01:10 PM

FM Forums | Sony Forum | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username       Or Reset password

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.