Home · Register · Search · View Winners · Software · Hosting · Software · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username   Password

Rules & Guidelines | Canon Lens Code
How to post Feedback | How to Red-Flag a thread

FM Forums | Buy & Sell Photo-Gear | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2014 · Sold: Canon 1D Infrared Conversion + Accessories

aaronkondziela

Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · Sold: Canon 1D Infrared Conversion + Accessories

Item updated in the last 24 hours    Canon 1D IR

Item Sold

Price: $495.00
Payment method: PayPal
Item condition: 9 Shows signs of use, but very clean
Shipping instructions: $50 to United States only, USPS Priority Mail insured

Canon 1D Infrared conversion. 5000-some clicks on the shutter. Very good condition, with very minor signs of use. Photos of actual item, includes everything show plus the original Canon 1D box. Two batteries included, but one doesn't hold much of a charge any more. No CF card included.

Includes:
- Canon 1D IR
- Charger and power cable
- Canon and Lenmar batteries (one of them doesn't work well)
- DC coupler insert and AC Adapter (to run on AC instead of battery)
- Canon neck strap
- Canon hand strap
- Original manuals and software

Purchased locally from another FM member, who has a good history here and can vouch for this camera.

Full Kit

Back

Front

Left

Right

Edited on May 22, 2014 at 04:46 PM · View previous versions

May 18, 2014 at 01:14 AM
demdo
• •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · Sold: Canon 1D Infrared Conversion + Accessories

Do you have any sample photos taken with the body?

May 18, 2014 at 03:56 AM
scottgee1
• • •
p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · Sold: Canon 1D Infrared Conversion + Accessories

You may want to mention what type of conversion was done for this camera.

May 18, 2014 at 04:19 PM

Search in Used Dept. 

aaronkondziela

p.1 #4 · p.1 #4 · Sold: Canon 1D Infrared Conversion + Accessories

I don't have information on the details of the conversion (UPDATED BELOW). I'll ask the previous owner when I next speak with him, and post here if he happens to know.

I'm posting a shot from the camera in both JPEG and RAW, which helps show the wavelengths this camera captures.

RAW: https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/89581994/7D1E9234.TIF
JPEG: https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/89581994/7D1E9234.jpg

UPDATED: I found some details on the conversion. There is an information page that came with the camera that I forgot about... it was done by IRGuy, with a support email listed as irguy@irdigital.net - but that domain seems to be dead, now. I've seen his work elsewhere, I'm sure you can track him down if needed. There is no data on the filter that's installed, but the previous owner believes it to be a 980nm.

UPDATED: I'm taking a few shots to help determine the type of filter installed, to compare with the ones listed http://www.lifepixel.com/infrared-filters-choices

Processed RAW

Canon EOS-1D    1/250s    400 ISO    0.0 EV  

May 18, 2014 at 06:01 PM
Buffalonian
• •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #5 · p.1 #5 · Sold: Canon 1D Infrared Conversion + Accessories

Aaron is legit. We have been friends for a very long time, and is more of a cine guy, than a hard-core photographer. He is a VERY trusting individual and this camera is 100% legit. I should know, I owned it. He owns a Red Scarlet (http://www.red.com/ <-- for the non-initiated) - to tell you how serious he is about videography.

This is a standard 830nm IR conversion - not 980 (my bad Aaron). I have owned several IR cameras included a converted 50D and original 5D. The smaller sensor 1D conversion was ideal and done well from original inspection (no glue spots, clean installation). Since the filter space in the 1D seats so well, there are no leaks from straight light in their construction.

http://www.maxmax.com/ircameraconversions.htm <--- these are the people that did the conversion. It took me a bit to remember and find the link in my favorites.

If I hadn't sold this to Aaron, I'd be selling it myself at this point since I am a Sony A7 shooter now w/ tons of mixed glass.

Please do not hesitate buying from Aaron, as he has a good reputation as both a quality IT person, but also as a friend and fellow photographer who cares for his gear as much as I do - read my feedback, and you'll see.

Thanks.

The camera was converted VERY early in its life, so the shutter count is low. I can vouch for this as well.

May 18, 2014 at 07:06 PM
aaronkondziela

p.1 #6 · p.1 #6 · Sold: Canon 1D Infrared Conversion + Accessories

Shots at various WB settings to help determine the character of the filter. JPEG from camera, reduced 50% size, no other changes. 24-105 f/4 L

Auto WB

Daylight

Flash

Tungsten

Custom WB (on full-sun grass)

May 18, 2014 at 07:36 PM

FM Forums | Buy & Sell Photo-Gear | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username   Password    Reset password