Home · Register · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username  

New fredmiranda.com Mobile Site
  New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | Canon Forum | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2014 · Should I sell Metz 44 AF-1 for Canon 430 EX II??

sasho_p
• •
[X]
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · Should I sell Metz 44 AF-1 for Canon 430 EX II??

Hi guys, now that the 430 EX II is on rebate, I'm tempted to sell my METZ 44-1 and get a Canon for not so much more money (about 70-100$ more)
What do you think?

May 15, 2014 at 12:42 PM
matthewm
• • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · Should I sell Metz 44 AF-1 for Canon 430 EX II??

Does the Canon offer any functionality over the Metz that you really want to have? If so, you might want to try and weigh the pros and cons of the added functionality. Is it worth the upgrade?

May 15, 2014 at 01:14 PM
johnctharp
• • • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · Should I sell Metz 44 AF-1 for Canon 430 EX II??

I went with Yonguo's equivalent of the 580EX II, for less than the 430EX II is selling for refurbished, and I'm quite happy with that decision .

May 15, 2014 at 02:29 PM
sasho_p
• •
[X]
p.1 #4 · p.1 #4 · Should I sell Metz 44 AF-1 for Canon 430 EX II??

My only gripe about the METZ is that it sometimes does not measure correctly and I end up with underexposed or overexposed shots. It seems that the TTL just seises to work until restart. It also does something very odd sometimes - it just starts firing strobes like crazy and the zoom mechanism goes from back to front repeatedly. I'm going to bring it for warranty repair first though. I don't know about functionality - I think it should work better without hickups.

May 15, 2014 at 02:52 PM

FM Forums | Canon Forum | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username       Or Reset password

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.