FM Forum Rules
Macro World Resource

FM Forums | Macro & Still Life | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2014 · Inn Focus

e6filmuser
• • • • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · Inn Focus

A couple of pints of excellent English ale with my lunch seem to have transfered some steadiness from my legs to my arms. Each of these took just two shots.

The butterfly was the most beaten up, ragged individual I have seen in years, such that it took me a while to be sure of the species, but was facially undamaged.

EM-1, x 1.5 Kiron TC, extension, Printing Nikkor 105mm at 1/250, f11, ISO 400, twin TTL flash.

Both images slightly cropped, as to improve composition, which is still not good!

Harold

Edited on May 14, 2014 at 12:26 PM · View previous versions

May 14, 2014 at 09:10 AM
coder
• • • • •
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · Inn Focus

Hi Harold,

I see either motion blur or excessive noise reduction, or both. What shutter speed are these at?

Brian V. (LordV) If I recall right, used a "bean pole" (I think that is what he called it) to provide stabilization for his shots. Less cumbersome than a tripod but also providing some steadiness, maybe something like that would be useful to you.

ETA: http://www.dgrin.com/showthread.php?t=24569

May 14, 2014 at 10:59 AM
e6filmuser
• • • • • •
p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · Inn Focus

coder wrote:
Hi Harold,

I see either motion blur or excessive noise reduction, or both. What shutter speed are these at?

Brian V. (LordV) If I recall right, used a "bean pole" (I think that is what he called it) to provide stabilization for his shots. Less cumbersome than a tripod but also providing some steadiness, maybe something like that would be useful to you.

ETA: http://www.dgrin.com/showthread.php?t=24569

1/250 and TTL flash, so no motion blur. NR minimal as there was just a trace.

Harold

May 14, 2014 at 11:30 AM

FM Forums | Macro & Still Life | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username       Or Reset password

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.