Home · Register · Search · View Winners · Software · Hosting · Software · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username   Password

New fredmiranda.com Mobile Site
  New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | Digital Art & Abstract | Join Upload & Sell

AM I MISSING SOMETHING???

billsamuels
• •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · AM I MISSING SOMETHING???

I've posted several pictures here, on Canon's forum, and at one other forum, with the hopes of getting constructive feedback that would improve my photo and post-processing skills. I thought they were decent photos, but instead, I got either ZERO feedback and in one location, one person's very nice feedback.

What am I doing wrong? What do I need to do to get YOUR attention? I saw that in one case, over 95 people looked at the photo, but not one single person commented on it, even though I said "Please let me know what you think."

I know I'm not a great photographer, needing no criticism, and I also know I'm not awful, sending you all running for the hills.

So please tell me what makes the difference between the photos you comment on and the ones you look and skip.

Thanks.

P.S. Please DON'T SKIP this comment as well.

May 14, 2014 at 03:37 AM
jsdill
• • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · AM I MISSING SOMETHING???

Hello...you have picked a notoriously harsh forum in which
to expect feedback! It has been so for many, many years

Suggest you keep throwing your work out and sooner or
later someone will relate to it verbally.

Regards,

Jordan

Edited on May 14, 2014 at 10:27 AM · View previous versions

May 14, 2014 at 10:02 AM
pjbuehner
• •
p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · AM I MISSING SOMETHING???

i just looked at a couple of your posts. I think that maybe the images are too small to really comment on. I would try to make them a bit bigger so that viewers can see detail.
Good luck.

May 14, 2014 at 10:17 AM
billsamuels
• •
p.1 #4 · p.1 #4 · AM I MISSING SOMETHING???

Thanks for the suggestions. It's odd because sometimes I get a few comments and other times I get zero. What FORUMS are not notoriously harsh so I could get a response fairly easily, especially when I put a photo out there?
Thanks.

May 14, 2014 at 07:43 PM
jsdill
• • •
p.1 #5 · p.1 #5 · AM I MISSING SOMETHING???

Hi...have you tried the Photo Critique forum?
Looks like that might be just what you are looking for.

fwiw, I get mostly zeros too!

Jordan

May 14, 2014 at 07:59 PM
Imagemaster
• • • • • • •
p.1 #6 · p.1 #6 · AM I MISSING SOMETHING???

1. First of all, this thread is against Forum Rules that states "all CAPS are not to be used in the thread subject title".
2. It does not matter if you ask for critique. People may not comment because the image is too small, so bad they don't want to tell you, not suitable for that forum, etc., etc.
3. Your image in this forum is too small and IMO is not digital art or abstract. It is simply a seascape shot taken at a slow shutter speed with no focal point of interest.
4. The Landing Gear shot in N&W Forum has no redeeming features IMO.
5. Same for your Harrison shot.

So the reason I made no comments is because you would probably find them too harsh.

The Photo Critique Forum is still the most likely forum to get honest critiques.

May 15, 2014 at 01:44 AM

Search in Used Dept. 

billsamuels
• •
p.1 #7 · p.1 #7 · AM I MISSING SOMETHING???

Imagemaster wrote:
1. First of all, this thread is against Forum Rules that states "all CAPS are not to be used in the thread subject title".
I DIDN'T REALIZE THIS, BUT I GOT SOMEONE'S ATTENTION - FINALLY!
2. It does not matter if you ask for critique. People may not comment because the image is too small, so bad they don't want to tell you, not suitable for that forum, etc., etc.
3. Your image in this forum is too small and IMO is not digital art or abstract. It is simply a seascape shot taken at a slow shutter speed with no focal point
...Show more

All my IMO's but thanks for sharing!

May 16, 2014 at 03:20 PM
Imagemaster
• • • • • • •
p.1 #8 · p.1 #8 · AM I MISSING SOMETHING???

So what part of Do not use all CAPS in postings or thread titles. don't you understand? It is against Forum Rules, and others find it annoying.

Learn to use the quote symbols properly, then you would not end up quoting yourself as well as me.

May 16, 2014 at 06:06 PM
Jo Dilbeck
• • • •
p.1 #9 · p.1 #9 · AM I MISSING SOMETHING???

Ah come on Tony, give the newbie a break :-), don't send him running to the hills.

Bill, I glanced at a few of your photos, and did comment on the ocean shot. I think you take nice snapshots, now you need to learn to take Great Photographs. The critique forum is probably your friend right now, but you WILL get the truth there, be sure you can take it. I watched and read for a very long time before I felt comfortable to put up an image, and some of the comments DID sting a bit. But hang in there, lots of nice well meaning folks here, Tony included, as I tend to agree with all he has to say.

Jo

May 18, 2014 at 02:33 AM
Somprp999

p.1 #10 · p.1 #10 · AM I MISSING SOMETHING???

@.@

May 23, 2014 at 03:34 AM
Imagemaster
• • • • • • •
p.1 #11 · p.1 #11 · AM I MISSING SOMETHING???

Somprp999 wrote:
@.@

And here we have a Newbie posting 25 one or two-word comments in order to list on the B&S Forum

May 23, 2014 at 03:56 AM

FM Forums | Digital Art & Abstract | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username   Password    Reset password