New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | Trip Location Advice & Meet-ups | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2014 · Going to Yosemite Valley for a Couple of Days...Suggestions

cohenfive
• • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · Going to Yosemite Valley for a Couple of Days...Suggestions

My wife, son and I are heading into Yosemite valley for a couple of days starting tomorrow, leaving Friday. I have hiked a lot in the backcountry of the park but haven't been in the valley in a long time, and would love some suggestions on where to go. I know it will be crowded but that's what we are going to deal with. Thinking of hiking up to upper Yosemite falls, maybe hiking down from glacier point, etc. Also would love to hear suggestions for sunrise/sunset shots. There should be water running from the falls which is nice, and the weather looks amazing. Thanks!

May 13, 2014 at 12:15 PM
gdanmitchell
• • • • • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · Going to Yosemite Valley for a Couple of Days...Suggestions

I'm going to offer not specific location advice—though I certainly could—but rather a piece of general photography advice that works for me. I like to follow the "edge of the light" in the Valley as the day progresses. In other words I look for those places where sunlight meets the areas in the shadow of cliffs. You can often find a lot of really interesting light in these locations.

Dan

May 19, 2014 at 04:46 PM
cohenfive
• • • • •
p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · Going to Yosemite Valley for a Couple of Days...Suggestions

Thanks, I'll remember that for next time. We got back over the weekend, had a great time. Hiked to the top of Yosemite falls, that was a real killer hike!! But some great pics as well (imo). I'll post a few up later today.

May 19, 2014 at 04:56 PM
DougVaughn
• • • •
p.1 #4 · p.1 #4 · Going to Yosemite Valley for a Couple of Days...Suggestions

How was the water flow in the falls? My wife and I will be there starting June 1st for four days of shooting. Considering the drought, I'm somewhat worried the falls will be unimpressive. Still, the worst day in Yosemite is better than the best day at work... or many other places.

May 22, 2014 at 01:04 PM

FM Forums | Trip Location Advice & Meet-ups | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username       Or Reset password

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.