New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | Leica & Alternative Gear | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2014 · Metabones and Canon 100mm II macro IS failure

Paul Gardner
• • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · Metabones and Canon 100mm II macro IS failure

FYI: Last week I attempted to use my Canon 100mm Macro IS on the A7R and found that it would not present the F stop on the LCD or EVF, or autofocus. My Canon 24mm F2.8 II and my Canon 28-300 work properly. I am waiting to hear back from Metabones for a solution.

May 11, 2014 at 10:25 AM
retrofocus
• • • • • •
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · Metabones and Canon 100mm II macro IS failure

Yes, it is funny, sporadically some lenses do not work with AF and the Metabones III adapter. I observed this on my Canon 50/1.4, but also on the Sigma 150/2.8 macro lens. Some other non-USB based AF lenses work without issues, for example the older Canon 100/2.8 EF macro lens.

May 11, 2014 at 10:55 AM
molson
• • • • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · Metabones and Canon 100mm II macro IS failure

Mounting my Zeiss ZE lenses on the Metabones III adapter would completely lock up the camera and the LCD screen would black out. The Metabones is on its way back to B&H now.

May 11, 2014 at 04:21 PM
Alex Phan
• • • • •
p.1 #4 · p.1 #4 · Metabones and Canon 100mm II macro IS failure

not many lenses that will work base on metabones website. People forgot to check the "tested lens".

http://www.metabones.com/products/details/MB-EF-E-BM3

May 13, 2014 at 12:34 AM
molson
• • • • • • •
p.1 #5 · p.1 #5 · Metabones and Canon 100mm II macro IS failure

Bubble wrote:
not many lenses that will work base on metabones website. People forgot to check the "tested lens".

http://www.metabones.com/products/details/MB-EF-E-BM3

My lenses are on their "tested" list... and I assumed there would be a subtle difference between "working" and turning the camera into a brick...

May 13, 2014 at 10:19 AM
Alex Phan
• • • • •
p.1 #6 · p.1 #6 · Metabones and Canon 100mm II macro IS failure

Molson,

finally i have some free time today and i test out the Metabone mk III with Zeiss 21mm and Zeiss 135mm ZE to Sony A7 and it works perfectly.

May 15, 2014 at 08:31 PM
molson
• • • • • • •
p.1 #7 · p.1 #7 · Metabones and Canon 100mm II macro IS failure

Bubble wrote:
Molson,

finally i have some free time today and i test out the Metabone mk III with Zeiss 21mm and Zeiss 135mm ZE to Sony A7 and it works perfectly.

Obviously you got one that works (so far...)

Mine would work okay for one or two shots and then then the screen would go black and the camera would lock up until I powered it off and removed the adapter. No issues using Canon lenses on the same adapter, but using either the Zeiss 21mm f2.8 or 100mm f2 ZE would lock up the camera again every time.

May 15, 2014 at 10:13 PM
Alex Phan
• • • • •
p.1 #8 · p.1 #8 · Metabones and Canon 100mm II macro IS failure

let me try to test it again tomorrow the same as you did.

May 15, 2014 at 11:38 PM
lostinjapan
• • • •
p.1 #9 · p.1 #9 · Metabones and Canon 100mm II macro IS failure

I have had no problems with all six of my ZE primes nor Canon TSE lenses. They have all worked perfectly on the a7r with the Metabones iii adapter. Now of course saying that I just cursed myself.

Ryan

May 16, 2014 at 01:20 AM
molson
• • • • • • •
p.1 #10 · p.1 #10 · Metabones and Canon 100mm II macro IS failure

I think the problem (with my copy of the adapter) was just poor build quality - there was enough play in the lens mount that moving the camera seemed to cause a short or lost connection, which would manifest itself with the camera locking up.

May 16, 2014 at 07:52 AM

FM Forums | Leica & Alternative Gear | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username       Or Reset password

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.