Home · Register · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username  

New fredmiranda.com Mobile Site
  New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | Canon Forum | Join Upload & Sell

end

Archive 2014 · So introduce the 50MP body, willYa?

aubsxc
• • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.2 #1 · p.2 #1 · So introduce the 50MP body, willYa?

Daniel Smith wrote:
Come on Canon. Getting a bit late in the game and a lot switching to Nikon for the D800.

Get with it and introduce the 50MP body or get out of the business.

Maybe you are afraid your lenses won't do such a chip justice?

So design and produce higher quality lenses.

I know plenty of people who are consistently able to produce high quality images using Canon glass and cameras on a regular basis. If you are not able to do so, perhaps you are doing something wrong?

May 10, 2014 at 07:16 AM
chez
• • • • • • •
p.2 #2 · p.2 #2 · So introduce the 50MP body, willYa?

Imagemaster wrote:
Too bad most of us don't want the A7R, regardless of what lenses it uses.

I think the only accurate statement you can say is that you don't want the A7R. Saying most of us is just assuming.

I can say with quite a bit of accuracy thatnmost of us thst bought the A7R find it to be quite nice camera that delivers great images...which in the end, that is what it's all about.

I understand it might not get you your bird pics, but there is a whole bunch more to photography than birds.

May 10, 2014 at 09:00 AM
chez
• • • • • • •
p.2 #3 · p.2 #3 · So introduce the 50MP body, willYa?

Imagemaster wrote:
Maybe many can already get great images without the need for 50MP, or a D800.

Again...if you don't need the extra pixels, then the camera is not for you. For others that can use the extra pixels to either print large or crop heavy...where's the beef?

You shoot with a high speed camera...but for me 1-shot is all I need. Do you see me climbing on people's backs when they dream about the new 7DIi with it's mega fast fps. Maybe just give it a rest regarding a higher pixel better dynamic range camera. If you don't need one, just let it rest for a bit.

May 10, 2014 at 09:04 AM
jcolwell
• • • • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.2 #4 · p.2 #4 · So introduce the 50MP body, willYa?

May 10, 2014 at 09:21 AM
Imagemaster
• • • • • • •
p.2 #5 · p.2 #5 · So introduce the 50MP body, willYa?

chez wrote:
I think the only accurate statement you can say is that you don't want the A7R. Saying most of us is just assuming.

I can say with quite a bit of accuracy thatnmost of us thst bought the A7R find it to be quite nice camera that delivers great images...which in the end, that is what it's all about.

I understand it might not get you your bird pics, but there is a whole bunch more to photography than birds.

No kidding. Since this is the Canon forum, why don't you take a poll and see if most of us Canon owners don't want the A7R?

That might just show how accurate my assumption is.

May 10, 2014 at 09:39 AM
Imagemaster
• • • • • • •
p.2 #6 · p.2 #6 · So introduce the 50MP body, willYa?

chez wrote:
Again...if you don't need the extra pixels, then the camera is not for you. For others that can use the extra pixels to either print large or crop heavy...where's the beef?

You shoot with a high speed camera...but for me 1-shot is all I need. Do you see me climbing on people's backs when they dream about the new 7DIi with it's mega fast fps. Maybe just give it a rest regarding a higher pixel better dynamic range camera. If you don't need one, just let it rest for a bit.

So others saying they don't need the extra pixels and the camera is not for them, are climbing on people's backs?

Sounds like you are the one beefing Mr. 1-shot.

May 10, 2014 at 09:43 AM
mogud
• • • •
p.2 #7 · p.2 #7 · So introduce the 50MP body, willYa?

Why do people assume Canon isn't in the game. Just because the HMP body is not in your hands doesn't mean one isn't in the wings. For the people whining about this camera, do you have the lenses to go along with this body?

Sony's A7r produces great images but the steps you have to go through to get these great images is a little much. The camera is for early adopters and I've been down that rocky, rut ridden road too many times. I'll wait for Canon.

May 10, 2014 at 09:51 AM
Imagemaster
• • • • • • •
p.2 #8 · p.2 #8 · So introduce the 50MP body, willYa?

Some people can't wait for anything.

May 10, 2014 at 10:12 AM
Dave_EP
• • •
p.2 #9 · p.2 #9 · So introduce the 50MP body, willYa?

Daniel Smith wrote:
Getting a bit late in the game and a lot switching to Nikon for the D800.

Had one and switched back. So what's you're point?

If megapixels is all you crave then there are cameras with much higher MP count than the D800.

May 10, 2014 at 10:17 AM
chez
• • • • • • •
p.2 #10 · p.2 #10 · So introduce the 50MP body, willYa?

Imagemaster wrote:
No kidding. Since this is the Canon forum, why don't you take a poll and see if most of us Canon owners don't want the A7R?

That might just show how accurate my assumption is.

Well if the name on the camera matters so much to you, I can see you fluffing everything without Canon on it. Some of us really don't care about this name and just want the best camera for us. Today, that camera is the A7R if you shoot landscapes and want to still use your existing Canon lenses.

If Canon came out with a high mpix camera I would take a close look at it but it would have to bring something to the table the Sony does not. The compact size of the Sony along with being able to use any lens on it as well as great focusing abilities makes it very hard to beat.

May 10, 2014 at 10:23 AM
chez
• • • • • • •
p.2 #11 · p.2 #11 · So introduce the 50MP body, willYa?

mogud wrote:
Why do people assume Canon isn't in the game. Just because the HMP body is not in your hands doesn't mean one isn't in the wings. For the people whining about this camera, do you have the lenses to go along with this body?

Sony's A7r produces great images but the steps you have to go through to get these great images is a little much. The camera is for early adopters and I've been down that rocky, rut ridden road too many times. I'll wait for Canon.

What are these steps you are talking about. I mount the camera to a tripod, focus using live view which is a great screen and then shoot like I do with my 5d2. What are these steps you talk about?

May 10, 2014 at 10:27 AM
chez
• • • • • • •
p.2 #12 · p.2 #12 · So introduce the 50MP body, willYa?

Imagemaster wrote:
So others saying they don't need the extra pixels and the camera is not for them, are climbing on people's backs?

Sounds like you are the one beefing Mr. 1-shot.

Seems like any thread about a higher mpix camera...you take your opportunity to let people know the extra mpix is not for you. Maybe people really don't care if YOU don't need the extra mpix and maybe these types of threads are for people that do care about the extra pixels and want to discuss them.

I don't need the high fps cameras...should I jump into the 7dIi thread and make my statement. I don't need the 200-400 zoom...should I jump into those threads and state this? I don't need the AF tracking abilities...should I jump into those threads and state this.

Get my point...Mr. Spray & Pray

May 10, 2014 at 10:33 AM
Imagemaster
• • • • • • •
p.2 #13 · p.2 #13 · So introduce the 50MP body, willYa?

You don't need to jump into other threads because you are doing all your whining here.

Talk about "The pot calling the kettle black". That's you Mr. Pot.

May 10, 2014 at 10:43 AM
chez
• • • • • • •
p.2 #14 · p.2 #14 · So introduce the 50MP body, willYa?

Imagemaster wrote:
You don't need to jump into other threads because you are doing all your whining here.

Talk about "The pot calling the kettle black". That's you Mr. Pot.

Sorry, but your comeback here is just that...a childish comeback. Cutting away the layers from it all, you just love to be heard regarding your "no need for more pixels". It's all about you...maybe take a little look around and see maybe...just maybe, some people's needs are different than yours.

As far as whining...I am not. I'm just tired of the few that seem to need to jump into threads they have ZERO interest in just to be heard.

Oh...exactly what is your interest in this thread? Exactly....

May 10, 2014 at 10:51 AM
EB-1
• • • • • • •
p.2 #15 · p.2 #15 · So introduce the 50MP body, willYa?

chez wrote:
What are these steps you are talking about. I mount the camera to a tripod, focus using live view which is a great screen and then shoot like I do with my 5d2. What are these steps you talk about?

Having to use LV is very limiting for wildlife.

EBH

May 10, 2014 at 11:01 AM
chez
• • • • • • •
p.2 #16 · p.2 #16 · So introduce the 50MP body, willYa?

EB-1 wrote:
Having to use LV is very limiting for wildlife.

EBH

The camera is obviously not made for sports or wildlife just like a 4x5 large format is not used for these situations. Buy the right equipment for the job at hand. The A7R shines at shooting landscapes.

May 10, 2014 at 11:07 AM
Fred Miranda
Admin
p.2 #17 · p.2 #17 · So introduce the 50MP body, willYa?

These type of threads will be locked from now on. It seems the OP started a controversial thread and went away. This adds no value to our community.
Fred

May 10, 2014 at 11:16 AM
       end

FM Forums | Canon Forum | Join Upload & Sell

end

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username       Or Reset password

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.