1       2       3              12      
       14              17       18       end

Archive 2014 · Question for Holdfast users

dccb2009

Upload & Sell: Off
p.13 #1 · p.13 #1 · Question for Holdfast users

Well, I hope I didn't just void my warranty by making these modifications
http://minhphotography.com/temp/MoneyMaker01.jpg

I also added a Billingham SP40 shoulder pad to the side that I carry my 70-200. It definitely feels better with the shoulder pad on.
http://minhphotography.com/temp/MoneyMaker02.jpg

Sep 06, 2014 at 10:39 PM
S-Man23
• • •
p.13 #2 · p.13 #2 · Question for Holdfast users

Man that's a great idea with the Billingham pad.
I was chafing a little bit at tonights wedding and was thinking, I wonder if the shoulder parts could be made wider like on Gun Holster straps. But then you wouldn't be able to fit the buckle through it...I also wonder if the new prototype "glove leather" lined models would be softer. And then I wonder how the glove leather is going to wear with the D-Ring sliding on it after a while.

Sep 07, 2014 at 01:36 AM
panicatnabisco
• •
p.13 #3 · p.13 #3 · Question for Holdfast users

I had a 300/2.8 IS on mine. I carried this setup all day comfortably with no issues. I'll be putting away my black rapid DS-2 and Yeti for good since I hate that tactical look from black nylon straps

#ootd by capacity4action, on Flickr

Sep 07, 2014 at 03:51 AM
amonline
• • • • •
p.13 #4 · p.13 #4 · Question for Holdfast users

Some vain mofos up in here. lol

Sep 07, 2014 at 05:21 AM
NYstyles
• • •
p.13 #5 · p.13 #5 · Question for Holdfast users

Good idea with the shoulder pad. I was already looking to make something or source it for my shoulder! I might find some Etsy seller to whip it up. Im a thin female, I dont have meat on my shoulders! ha ha I'll take the shoulder over the neck fatigue any day though!

I sell on Etsy so I was thinking I may connect with other sellers to make something and market it for Holdfast users.

Sep 07, 2014 at 12:32 PM
Nikon_14
• • •
p.13 #6 · p.13 #6 · Question for Holdfast users

D. Diggler wrote:
Y'all sound delusional. It's not gonna get you any more bookings.

Man, I just HAVE to raise money for 1 of these. They look cooler than even a European custom-made suit.

Dig,

Are you still interested in buying my Think Tank Steroid belt and pouches?

Sep 07, 2014 at 02:27 PM
Swaggart
• •
p.13 #7 · p.13 #7 · Question for Holdfast users

dccb2009 wrote:

Well, I hope I didn't just void my warranty by making these modifications
http://minhphotography.com/temp/MoneyMaker01.jpg

I also added a Billingham SP40 shoulder pad to the side that I carry my 70-200. It definitely feels better with the shoulder pad on.
http://minhphotography.com/temp/MoneyMaker02.jpg

Well yes and no, of course if your camera drops and your solution didn't save it then you blame me for your part failing? Saddle lacing works great but wasn't cost effective for me. I would definitely put a rivet or stitch just above the plastic clip though because the leather will slide around a lot at that point and would get in the way to the point of effecting shots with smaller lenses. I actually do have leather safety catches with metal clips but the cost of production vs it's usefulness in the overall scheme of things hasn't been balanced. Still working that out. For that pad, great idea and if it suits you then go for it! I haven't found it necessary and I didn't want the overall look to become overly busy. I carry my 300 2.8 on the MM all the time and as someone else pointed out, hasn't been an issue. I have designs for pads and have toyed around with the idea for releasing them, but to this point I haven't released anything that I don't use which is what kept me from actually pursuing it.

Sep 08, 2014 at 05:16 PM
LivLif
• • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.13 #8 · p.13 #8 · Question for Holdfast users

Any big guys using one of these. I Really want to pull the trigger. Just wondering how it looks on so one with a little extra body meat. I saw someone mention that it pulls your shirt back and I rather it not accentuate my man boobs.

Seriously though. I would love to know if anyone on the heavy side is usin one and what the comfort is like. I won't be carrying anything heavy. Just a couple of DFs with 35/85 combo.

Oct 22, 2014 at 09:06 PM
TTLKurtis
• • • • • •
p.13 #9 · p.13 #9 · Question for Holdfast users

Reg Campbell is a big dude (muscles though, not ice cream lumps) and I want to say he had Matt make him a custom one to his measurements.

Oct 22, 2014 at 09:16 PM
S-Man23
• • •
p.13 #10 · p.13 #10 · Question for Holdfast users

Speaking of Reg, where's that cat been? Ain't seen him around any forums for a while. Guess he's doin his film thing.

Oct 22, 2014 at 09:18 PM
LivLif
• • • •
p.13 #11 · p.13 #11 · Question for Holdfast users

TTLKurtis wrote:
Reg Campbell is a big dude (muscles though, not ice cream lumps) and I want to say he had Matt make him a custom one to his measurements.

Thanks. Sending you a message.

Oct 22, 2014 at 09:39 PM
Sid Ceaser
• • •
p.13 #12 · p.13 #12 · Question for Holdfast users

LivLif wrote:
Any big guys using one of these. I Really want to pull the trigger. Just wondering how it looks on so one with a little extra body meat. I saw someone mention that it pulls your shirt back and I rather it not accentuate my man boobs.

Seriously though. I would love to know if anyone on the heavy side is usin one and what the comfort is like. I won't be carrying anything heavy. Just a couple of DFs with 35/85 combo.

I'm a pretty tubby guy. I've got the bridle chestnut that I've had for over a year now. I'm usually slinging a 5DmkII with a grip and with a 135 on one side, and occasionally a 5D classic with grip and a 17-40 on the other, if I'm doing an event (I'm a portrait photographer but I don't do weddings)

http://farm4.staticflickr.com/3683/11425190536_473cb620cd.jpg

It's not pulling against my Moobs. I got the largest size and I have it cinched up to the first belt hole and it fits great. I love it. LOVE. Read my non-sponsored review of it here: http://ceaserphotography.com/archives/1233

I'm usually using it with just one camera on my right side. I picked up a portrait slider, which gives 2" of extra length, and use it on my left side if shooting double.

I've also got a small Domke bag that I'll attached to my left side that I'll occasionally use if I need an extra lens, or if I'm shooting with my Hasselblad and want to keep my light meter and extra rolls of film handy.

I've also custom branded my strap to add a little extra elegance to it. I need to give the strap a good bath with some saddle soap I picked up, but I haven't yet. The strap itself is getting nice and worn in and soft. Totally awesome.

Matt's customer service is top notch. I've emailed him a few times in the past about advice for branding and leather stamps, and he's been instant with replies. I met her a few weeks ago at PhotoPlus and he's a really great guy - knew who I was as I walked up to him; mentioning stuff I've done with the strap in the past - which pretty much guarantees being a fan for life.

I did the Call of Duty R-Strap for years - it was acceptable, but the pad would slide all over the place. I've tried an Upstrap, the R-Strap; all kinds of stuff. Now I don't need to bother searching any longer - (Achivement Unlocked: Perfect Camera Strap Acquired!). Plus, it's like my leather watch strap, or my leather belt - it's made to last and will do so. The only problem I have is trying to stop lusting over that Water Buffalo Tan, as that is so damn elegant, I can't contain my lust.

I'm been using the old clips, and a set of the new clips are on their way to me so I can compare them.

And, yeah, the price is high, but it's worth it. Just like I'm worth the high prices I ask for *my* photographic services. Good and reputable is worth a price. I choose to support that type of independent creator rather than rip off the style and try to do it myself. And I wouldn't get the same awesome customer service.

It's a damn good, elegant product. It's Steve McQueen when all other straps are trying to be Call of Duty.

Cheers,
Sid

Nov 08, 2014 at 01:13 PM
ohsnaphappy
• • •
p.13 #13 · p.13 #13 · Question for Holdfast users

Matt announced the MoneyMaker is on sale today, these are blemished versions, I think he said $140

Nov 12, 2014 at 04:34 PM
MRomine
• • • •
p.13 #14 · p.13 #14 · Question for Holdfast users

Sid Ceaser wrote:
It's Steve McQueen when all other straps are trying to be Call of Duty.

Cheers,
Sid

, will the real Sid Ceaser please stand up.

Nov 12, 2014 at 04:38 PM
jas262
• •
p.13 #15 · p.13 #15 · Question for Holdfast users

ohsnaphappy wrote:
Matt announced the MoneyMaker is on sale today, these are blemished versions, I think he said $140

Where?

Nov 12, 2014 at 05:25 PM
MRomine
• • • •
p.13 #16 · p.13 #16 · Question for Holdfast users

Is anyone using the HF MM strap with two cameras and with on-camera speed lights mounted on either one or both bodies? How's that working for you? Any problems?

I've seen lots of photos as well as some videos of two bodies with long and wide lenses but I've never seen any photos where there have been speed lights attached to the bodies. So I was wondering if there was a reason or is this just a coincidence?

Feb 18, 2015 at 12:32 AM
joelconner
• • • •
p.13 #17 · p.13 #17 · Question for Holdfast users

I do. Works just fine

Feb 18, 2015 at 12:50 AM
g-money
• • •
p.13 #18 · p.13 #18 · Question for Holdfast users

Not a problem at all

Feb 18, 2015 at 09:05 AM
MRomine
• • • •
p.13 #19 · p.13 #19 · Question for Holdfast users

Thanks guys!

Feb 18, 2015 at 09:06 AM
RKTodd
• •
p.13 #20 · p.13 #20 · Question for Holdfast users

I actually think the MoneyMaker works better for me while using on cam speed lights, especially since I'm using the smaller m4/3 bodies, and they tend to be top heavy anyway.

Feb 18, 2015 at 09:13 AM

FM Forums | Wedding Photographer | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username       Or Reset password

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.