1       2       3              11      
       13              17       18       end

Archive 2014 · Question for Holdfast users

D. Diggler
• • • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.12 #1 · p.12 #1 · Question for Holdfast users

JakAHearts wrote:
Ill have mine on for the first time this weekend too. Bathroom selfie with duck face, here I come!

Y'all sound delusional. It's not gonna get you any more bookings.

Aug 28, 2014 at 08:41 AM
JakAHearts
• • •
p.12 #2 · p.12 #2 · Question for Holdfast users

False. Bathroom selfies get me more FB attention than any other image Ive taken.

Edited on Aug 28, 2014 at 09:40 AM · View previous versions

Aug 28, 2014 at 08:49 AM
joosay
• • •
p.12 #3 · p.12 #3 · Question for Holdfast users

D. Diggler wrote:
Y'all sound delusional. It's not gonna get you any more bookings.

Did anyone imply that?

Aug 28, 2014 at 08:50 AM
jmraso
• • • •
p.12 #4 · p.12 #4 · Question for Holdfast users

Diggler, let us be happy !!! 😊

Aug 28, 2014 at 09:00 AM
NYstyles
• • •
p.12 #5 · p.12 #5 · Question for Holdfast users

. I dont know if I'll do a selfie! ha ha.

All I know is my neck is going to love it and I dont have to look like I have a camera bag on!

Aug 28, 2014 at 10:22 AM
JakAHearts
• • •
p.12 #6 · p.12 #6 · Question for Holdfast users

NYstyles wrote:
. I dont know if I'll do a selfie! ha ha.

Ill take an extra one for you then.

Aug 28, 2014 at 12:26 PM
silentwings
• • •
p.12 #7 · p.12 #7 · Question for Holdfast users

Yes, that's exactly what I found for my moneymaker after using it once in a recent wedding. I put a D3 at my left side and can't comfortably shoot in portrait mode.

ohsnaphappy wrote:
I just got mine. I'm going to do a long YouTube review one of these days here. There's not a lot of video available on these products

I bought it simply for looks, because I'm vain and materialistic. I was hoping it would be functional too, but I doubted it.

It really is the most comfortable thing I've ever used. It helps with my posture too by putting all the weight on my back. It's pretty astounding.

Couple of notes (I have many, but here are a couple) if you're not fit, this could be awkward, because it pulls your shirt back
...Show more

Sep 05, 2014 at 10:29 AM
JR Magat
• • • •
p.12 #8 · p.12 #8 · Question for Holdfast users

Swaggart wrote:
Hey James, well actually I use mine without. I decided to start adding them in as a way of guaranteeing that your camera cannot drop to the floor since it bypasses the clip and screw. As well, many people just don't check the screw throughout the day. As a habit I do actually check the screw but that started years ago before I even started this company so for me it's ingrained. The sailboat clip now is finely tuned after making thousands of these we've got it down and these would rarely fail so it comes down to the screw
...Show more

This secondary safety latch saved me from disaster at a wedding I shot last weekend. I haven't been in the habit of checking/re-tightening the screw on my camera, and during the ceremony one of my camera screws actually got loose and I felt my camera drop, but thankfully the secondary latch caught it.

At first I was thinking the sailboat clip somehow got unlocked, but once I actually had time to look at it, it was the screw that got loose. So, one thing is that I will re-tighten the screws and will make that a habit now, but also, this was an older screw from my first Money Maker, which doesn't have the rubber grip added (like in the newer models) so I will replace that and hopefully the chance of it getting undone is much less...

Definitely was a scare, but for those that are thinking of removing the secondary latch because it's not leather, etc. You might want to re-think that

Sep 05, 2014 at 10:59 AM
silentwings
• • •
p.12 #9 · p.12 #9 · Question for Holdfast users

I was advised by a longtime MM user to double check the screws in a wedding every hour or two to make sure it is tighten as once you put a heavy lens like 70-200 on a heavy body like D3 or D4, chances are the screws will gradually become loose over time.

I believed his first-gen MM would have this problem more prominent over time with the old-designed screws, but in my first wedding of using it, I already found one of the screws was loose in the middle of the ceremony. So for the new-designed screws, this habit is still somehow important. B.T.W., I didn't use the security clip as I need to unleash the camera some time in the middle of the session.

JR Magat wrote:
This secondary safety latch saved me from disaster at a wedding I shot last weekend. I haven't been in the habit of checking/re-tightening the screw on my camera, and during the ceremony one of my camera screws actually got loose and I felt my camera drop, but thankfully the secondary latch caught it.

At first I was thinking the sailboat clip somehow got unlocked, but once I actually had time to look at it, it was the screw that got loose. So, one thing is that I will re-tighten the screws and will make that a habit now, but
...Show more

Sep 05, 2014 at 11:42 AM
ohsnaphappy
• • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.12 #10 · p.12 #10 · Question for Holdfast users

silentwings wrote:
Yes, that's exactly what I found for my moneymaker after using it once in a recent wedding. I put a D3 at my left side and can't comfortably shoot in portrait mode.

You know, I find myself upclipping my body when I'm shooting pretty often. I don't know why. It's kind of subconscious. Personally, I like it. It feels liberating to shoot without a strap. Then, as soon as I'm done shooting, I use my ninja clipping skills and my camera is instantly back on the moneymaker. And when it's on the moneymaker, I feel like it's not even there

How often do I shoot with it on the moneymaker? Never at receptions. Never really during the ceremony. Formal and composed shots I suppose it stays on

Sep 05, 2014 at 11:43 AM
JakAHearts
• • •
p.12 #11 · p.12 #11 · Question for Holdfast users

ohsnaphappy wrote:
You know, I find myself upclipping my body when I'm shooting pretty often. I don't know why. It's kind of subconscious. Personally, I like it. It feels liberating to shoot without a strap. Then, as soon as I'm done shooting, I use my ninja clipping skills and my camera is instantly back on the moneymaker. And when it's on the moneymaker, I feel like it's not even there

How often do I shoot with it on the moneymaker? Never at receptions. Never really during the ceremony. Formal and composed shots I suppose it stays on

I unclipped my body last wedding and then dropped it on the floor because I thought it was still attached. Thankfully the carpet was soft and plush.

Sep 05, 2014 at 11:46 AM
silentwings
• • •
p.12 #12 · p.12 #12 · Question for Holdfast users

You know what, I actually did the same thing in my 1st wedding with MM. When I needed to shoot in portrait mode with my left camera, I simply unclipped it by pulling the trigger on the new sailor clip. After that, I re-clipped in.

Before buying MM, I always shot without any straps. But after almost leaving my D4+70-200 behind somewhere in a July wedding that freaked me out, I finally gave MM a shot!

ohsnaphappy wrote:

Sep 05, 2014 at 12:06 PM
Swaggart
• •
p.12 #13 · p.12 #13 · Question for Holdfast users

JR Magat wrote:

At first I was thinking the sailboat clip somehow got unlocked, but once I actually had time to look at it, it was the screw that got loose. So, one thing is that I will re-tighten the screws and will make that a habit now, but
...Show more

That's exactly why it's there! Like I mentioned, for me it's like muscle memory, I happen to give it a turn without ever thinking about it...

Sep 05, 2014 at 02:51 PM
Swaggart
• •
p.12 #14 · p.12 #14 · Question for Holdfast users

JakAHearts wrote:
I unclipped my body last wedding and then dropped it on the floor because I thought it was still attached. Thankfully the carpet was soft and plush.

I did that at a trade show once to show you could throw the camera around and it won't come unclipped...only problem was it was never clipped in in the first place! Destroyed my D3x and newly acquired 14-24 2.8 in the process. Someone had asked to try on the weight of that camera while I was engaged in a different conversation, that person handed the camera back as I continued to be engaged, then a separate person stepped in and said "how secure are these" and then I let it rip never realizing that I had previously handed the camera off to someone...pretty embarrassing!

Sep 05, 2014 at 02:55 PM
jamesmorophoto
• • •
p.12 #15 · p.12 #15 · Question for Holdfast users

!

hope insurance didn't give you any grief!

on a side note, I tried the MM this weekend using only the primary tripod screw mount; I checked it throughout the day, and it never once came loose or was anywhere near being loose

Sep 05, 2014 at 04:53 PM
ohsnaphappy
• • •
p.12 #16 · p.12 #16 · Question for Holdfast users

jamesmorophoto wrote:
!

hope insurance didn't give you any grief!

on a side note, I tried the MM this weekend using only the primary tripod screw mount; I checked it throughout the day, and it never once came loose or was anywhere near being loose

Yeah I've used the Black Rapid screw, and the C Loop by Custom SLR. Holdfast's screw really is the most secure, imo

Sep 05, 2014 at 10:20 PM
NYstyles
• • •
p.12 #17 · p.12 #17 · Question for Holdfast users

Ive used mine twice last week and as of now the screw mount is still tight in the bottom of my camera. I need to put some effort it to loosen it!

I did use the safety straps and will continue to do so, at least my body with the 70-200, I rent that lens! I pay for insurance but wouldnt want to have to use it... I had a spill last year busting the filter, bent it to hell and cost me $100 to clean up!(groomsman knocked my camera off the table, hit a concrete floor, lucky it was minimal damage)

Sep 06, 2014 at 07:22 AM
mineymole
• • • •
p.12 #18 · p.12 #18 · Question for Holdfast users

I think one issue with the new design is that it doesn't swivel that easily (mine actually squeaks)... and because of the it can begin to loosen the mounting hook. I always check mine.

Sep 06, 2014 at 09:25 AM
Swaggart
• •
p.12 #19 · p.12 #19 · Question for Holdfast users

mineymole wrote:
I think one issue with the new design is that it doesn't swivel that easily (mine actually squeaks)... and because of the it can begin to loosen the mounting hook. I always check mine.

Yeah I prefer metal parts to plastic (durability), which metal on metal contact may eventually squeak. But this is easily fixed with a tiny dot of 3-n-1 Sewing machine oil.

Sep 06, 2014 at 03:19 PM
Swaggart
• •
p.12 #20 · p.12 #20 · Question for Holdfast users

NYstyles wrote:
Ive used mine twice last week and as of now the screw mount is still tight in the bottom of my camera. I need to put some effort it to loosen it!

I did use the safety straps and will continue to do so, at least my body with the 70-200, I rent that lens! I pay for insurance but wouldnt want to have to use it... I had a spill last year busting the filter, bent it to hell and cost me $100 to clean up!(groomsman knocked my camera off the table, hit a concrete floor, lucky it was
...Show more

Yes this is how mine always are, I've actually never had one be loose when checked.

Sep 06, 2014 at 03:20 PM

FM Forums | Wedding Photographer | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username       Or Reset password

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.