Home · Register · Search · View Winners · Software · Hosting · Software · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username   Password

New fredmiranda.com Mobile Site
  New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | People Photography | Join Upload & Sell

2       3       end

Nashville {green fields, flowers, creeks, and fireflies.....

Lisa_Holloway
• • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · Nashville {green fields, flowers, creeks, and fireflies...oh my!}

Congratulations to Lisa_Holloway for winning Feature Thread of the Week with 9 votes - View Previous Winners

I recently had the opportunity to travel to Nashville to teach a wonderful group of women about natural light photography and post processing. We had some seriously gorgeous models and it was SO fun having some different scenery to work with than what I'm used to here in Arizona. Here are some of my favorite images from the workshop.

First up is our maternity model, Shannon. She was just gorgeous! First baby...

Next up is our child model, the beautiful Miss Sophie...full of Southern charm!

7a

And our last shoot was with a beautiful family. This lovely lady also happened to be my host for the workshop. Her family was so gorgeous, and very kind and gracious also.

8 Love this candid outtake...

8a

12aaa

12aa

12a

13 One of my favorite things about Nashville were the fireflies. We don't have them out west. I could have sat and watched them forever. I obviously took some artistic liberties with this image. I had to!

I couldn't help but sneak in a few photos of my little Gabriel on this trip also.

14a

Edited on May 24, 2014 at 01:39 AM · View previous versions

May 09, 2014 at 03:52 AM
bwalwork
• •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · Nashville {green fields, flowers, creeks, and fireflies...oh my!}

Your images always blow me away! These are no exception!

May 09, 2014 at 04:00 AM
hatch1921
• • • •
p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · Nashville {green fields, flowers, creeks, and fireflies...oh my!}

Always enjoy your work. 6...7...14 are my favorites. Great work!

Frank

May 09, 2014 at 05:01 AM
DaveOls
• • •
p.1 #4 · p.1 #4 · Nashville {green fields, flowers, creeks, and fireflies...oh my!}

Beautiful images as always. You've really mastered photography.
Did you make it to Dury's Camera shop while you were in Nashville?
I miss Houston, but only for the camera shops there, not the heat or humidity.

May 09, 2014 at 11:08 AM
4meNex7
• •
p.1 #5 · p.1 #5 · Nashville {green fields, flowers, creeks, and fireflies...oh my!}

Gorgeous!!! Made my day.
Ed

May 09, 2014 at 01:44 PM
piik

p.1 #6 · p.1 #6 · Nashville {green fields, flowers, creeks, and fireflies...oh my!}

Wow... and Wow... I love them

May 09, 2014 at 01:57 PM
jodo
• •
p.1 #7 · p.1 #7 · Nashville {green fields, flowers, creeks, and fireflies...oh my!}

Been waiting to see your Nashville shots here. They do not disappoint. I was particularly interested in how you would process the colors here - especially the greens. Very nice. Very pleasing processing on the yellow wild flowers.
Is the time on the exif accurate or is it your local time in AZ?

May 09, 2014 at 01:58 PM
Lisa_Holloway
• • • •
p.1 #8 · p.1 #8 · Nashville {green fields, flowers, creeks, and fireflies...oh my!}

Thanks guys!! I'm not sure what time it's showing, but these were shot near sunset (about 6:30-7:30pm) Central time.

May 09, 2014 at 03:58 PM
jodo
• •
p.1 #9 · p.1 #9 · Nashville {green fields, flowers, creeks, and fireflies...oh my!}

Thanks, Lisa. That's what I thought it looked like. Your exif indicates 5pm-ish. Because of course it is set to your home time.

May 09, 2014 at 05:43 PM
Wildcats_Fans
• • •
p.1 #10 · p.1 #10 · Nashville {green fields, flowers, creeks, and fireflies...oh my!}

Stunning photos. I grew up in Kentucky, just about 90 minutes north of Nashville. Nashville is a great city. Did you visit the Opryland Hotel?

May 09, 2014 at 07:10 PM

Lisa_Holloway
• • • •
p.1 #11 · p.1 #11 · Nashville {green fields, flowers, creeks, and fireflies...oh my!}

Thank you. We were only there for a short time, but we made it to the Tennessee State Museum, the Smoky Mountains (long day drive), and Andrew Jackson's plantation home. I could have spent weeks there! Gatlinberg looked amazing - so much to do there. I had my husband and 2 of my children with me so it was fun for them too.

May 09, 2014 at 07:12 PM
BigIronCruiser
• • •
p.1 #12 · p.1 #12 · Nashville {green fields, flowers, creeks, and fireflies...oh my!}

Beautiful, as always. Do you have any before & after that you're willing to share? Maybe something like the one you posted a few weeks ago?

May 09, 2014 at 07:22 PM
Gary Schmeidle
• •
p.1 #13 · p.1 #13 · Nashville {green fields, flowers, creeks, and fireflies...oh my!}

Beautiful work Lisa, wouldn't even try to pick a favorite. They are all outstanding.

Thanks for sharing and Gabriel is one handsome little boy!

May 09, 2014 at 08:17 PM
Wildcats_Fans
• • •
p.1 #14 · p.1 #14 · Nashville {green fields, flowers, creeks, and fireflies...oh my!}

Gatlinburg and the Smokey Mountains are amazing. You should check them out in Autumn. The vibrant leave colors combined with green vegetation and mountain backdrops are truly stunning.

May 09, 2014 at 08:43 PM
CW100
• • • •
p.1 #15 · p.1 #15 · Nashville {green fields, flowers, creeks, and fireflies...oh my!}

great set

May 10, 2014 at 12:03 AM
GeorgieGirl
• •
p.1 #16 · p.1 #16 · Nashville {green fields, flowers, creeks, and fireflies...oh my!}

Tennessee and its subjects agrees with you. Most Beautiful. Very engaging set and some very, very fine work.

May 10, 2014 at 12:15 AM
Parkerer9

p.1 #17 · p.1 #17 · Nashville {green fields, flowers, creeks, and fireflies...oh my!}

I'm from an hour south of Nashville so of course partial to this series. Your work is just unbelievable and the middle Tennessee area offers so many photo op locations. Ben Finch of Finch Photo is the best Middle TN photog I know... You both have stunning work. Thanks for continuing to share.

May 10, 2014 at 06:25 AM
tele_pathic
• •
p.1 #18 · p.1 #18 · Nashville {green fields, flowers, creeks, and fireflies...oh my!}

great pics.

May 10, 2014 at 05:32 PM
Lisa_Holloway
• • • •
p.1 #19 · p.1 #19 · Nashville {green fields, flowers, creeks, and fireflies...oh my!}

Thank you.

May 10, 2014 at 07:31 PM
ireminisce

p.1 #20 · p.1 #20 · Nashville {green fields, flowers, creeks, and fireflies...oh my!}

The last shot of the little girl is absolutely enchanting (the one in BW)

May 10, 2014 at 08:23 PM
       2       3       end

FM Forums | People Photography | Join Upload & Sell

2       3       end

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username   Password    Reset password